• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
tumblr_mavegbVEj91qh2a1qo2_500.gif

Salvadora

“I’m really looking forward to it because I have the complete faith of the manager. I talked to him at length over the phone and he told me his ideas and he trusts me – and I need that as a player.
“I’m also looking forward to meeting my team mates like Podolski or Mertesacker. I’m excited for the new task ahead. I already heard how great the fans are, the city is great and the team is super class.”
“I realised I would not get the full trust of the manager [at Madrid]. I am a player who needs to feel that – and I felt that with Arsenal and that’s the reason why I’m signing for them.
“Arsène Wenger gives me the chance to develop and be fully fit for the World Cup. I know my abilities and potential and I would have made it in every club at the world – because I’m convinced of my abilities. But if I don’t feel that trust, then I have to leave the club.
“I will continue to grown under the new manager and I’m also looking forward to the Premier League.”
Ancelotti sounding like the guilty party, not Perez.

Clegg

Kompany seems like a really nice bloke.

@VincentKompany
Congratulations @fellainiM ! Any countryman doing well, I'm happy for. So now we will be neighbours. Careful I can be quite noisy.. ;-)
The cunt.

I probably would've added both "+ Keeping Allegri" and "- Keeping Allegri", I still think that seeing the alternatives, Galliani probably did the right thing.

I hope.

I really do.

I'll bookmark this post for when Allegri continues to bench El Sha for Matri, and for when he benches Honda in order to play Kaka+two/three DMs.

spidye

FC Bayern München

9/10

Positive
+ Signing PEP!
+ Signing Götze!
+ Signing Thiago!
+ Signing Kirchhoff as additional CB!
+ Selling Emre Can
+ Our 3rd away kit - Tracht
+ Extending Riberys contract

Negatives:
- Selling Luiz Gustavo
- Injuries of Thiago, Götze and Schweini
- All those "Bayern fans" shitstorming after the draw in Freiburg
- Banning the ultras out of the AA
- Our CL kit
- Dantes performance

Highlights
- Ribery winning best palyer award
- Super Cup against Chelsea
- Stealing Götze from Dortmund
- Keeping all key players and buy some additional world class midfielders
- Martinez scoring against Chelsea
- We do not play with a false 9
- Özil joining Arsenal

I'd add Bayern's performance in all the matches and selling FUCKING GOMEZ as negatives.

:(

OMG

F365 said:
United have told The Times that "no one had any authority to claim to act for us" in negotiations to sign the Athletic Bilbao midfielder.

There were claims on Monday night that the trio were 'imposters' but it seems that they were actually Spanish sports lawyers Guillermo Gutierrez, Alvaro Reig and Rodrigo Garcia. Their motivation for getting involved in the Herrera deal is unclear.

The Old Trafford club maintain that the deal did not go ahead simply because United were reluctant to meet the £30.5m asking price.

I'll bookmark this post for when Allegri continues to bench El Sha for Matri, and for when he benches Honda in order to play Kaka+two/three DMs.

I never said that Allegri is the best manager ever, I still believe that last May (when we didn't know if he was going to stay or leave) there weren't many good managers around, or Milan-level managers. The choice was between Allegri (who actually knows the team, already managed them for a couple of years and everything) and another mediocre one (who doesn't know the team or, like Seedorf, never managed a team, let alone an important club like Milan).

Allegri is far from being the best manager out there, but at least he isn't the worst one as well. He's close, but he's not the worst one.

3Sixty

Can't believe West Ham started the summer saying how badly we needed a striker and didn't manage to bring in a single forward, other than Carroll, the whole transfer window. If Carroll's injured (as he currently is), all we have to rely on in Maiga, Vaz Te or some kids from our academy, lol. There's so little attacking threat without a guy like Carroll on the pitch to turn all those crosses and long-balls into goal-scoring opportunities and it's definitely looking like last season, where we have no plan B if Carroll's out or that style of play's just not working against a certain side.

We all know you'll end up resigning Carlton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom