• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
How much faith do you all have in Moyes?

Looking at the first 3 matches and the way he has frozen out Kagawa and persisted with Giggs and young has brought my confidence in him way low.

We have great team, but whats the point of having players like Kagawa, Zaha, Nani, Fabio when he is not even gonna play them?

Have faith.

Kagawa will be back.

But Giggs, a legend but can't hack it anymore. Really just needs to fully be our coach and monitor our wingers.

Fellaini is a good buy, can take the pressure off Carrick, who really can't handle it.

Jack cw

FC Bayern München

9/10

Positive
+ Signing PEP!
+ Signing Götze!
+ Signing Thiago!
+ Signing Kirchhoff as additional CB!
+ Selling Emre Can
+ Our 3rd away kit - Tracht
+ Extending Riberys contract

Negatives:
- Selling Luiz Gustavo
- Injuries of Thiago, Götze and Schweini
- All those "Bayern fans" shitstorming after the draw in Freiburg
- Banning the ultras out of the AA
- Our CL kit
- Dantes performance

Highlights
- Ribery winning best palyer award
- Super Cup against Chelsea
- Stealing Götze from Dortmund
- Keeping all key players and buy some additional world class midfielders
- Martinez scoring against Chelsea
- We do not play with a false 9
- Özil joining Arsenal

Have faith.

Kagawa will be back.

But Giggs, a legend but can't hack it anymore. Really just needs to fully be our coach and monitor our wingers.

Fellaini is a good but, can take the pressure of Carrick, who really can't handle it.

kagawa won;t score another PL goal

Fergie

Banned
kagawa won;t score another PL goal
K9ye15P.gif

Gambit

FC Bayern München

9/10

Positive
+ Signing PEP!
+ Signing Götze!
+ Signing Thiago!
+ Signing Kirchhoff as additional CB!
+ Selling Emre Can
+ Our 3rd away kit - Tracht
+ Extending Riberys contract

Negatives:
- Selling Luiz Gustavo
- Injuries of Thiago, Götze and Schweini
- All those "Bayern fans" shitstorming after the draw in Freiburg
- Banning the ultras out of the AA
- Our CL kit
- Dantes performance

Highlights
- Ribery winning best palyer award
- Super Cup against Chelsea
- Stealing Götze from Dortmund
- Keeping all key players and buy some additional world class midfielders
- Martinez scoring against Chelsea
- We do not play with a false 9
- Özil joining Arsenal

Pretty good summary. I will also take this opportunity to say how awesome I find our third away kit. Lederhosen-look just fits so perfectly for Oktoberfest and Bayern.

Manager

So which players did end up staying in clubs that probably don't need them? Please feedback since I'm not too familiar with their situations.

Chelsea:
McEachran?
Ba?

United:
Buttner?
Fabio?
Macheda

Arsenal:
Frimpong?
Miyaichi
Park
Bendtner
Diaby? (Injured)

Tottenham:
Adebayor (salary wise as 3rd backup)

Liverpool:
Skrtel?(?)

City:
Boyata?

So which players did end up staying in clubs that probably don't need them? Please feedback since I'm not too familiar with their situations.

Chelsea:
McEachran?*
Ba?

United:
Buttner?*
Fabio?
Macheda*

Arsenal:
Frimpong?
Miyaichi*
Park*
Bendtner
Diaby?(?)

Tottenham:
Adebayor

Liverpool:
Skrtel?(?)

City:
Boyata?*

* Definitely

Manager

I forgot to add that some of those players still can be loaned out this week, if I remember correctly.

"When can players be signed on loan?
During the designated transfer windows in the summer and January, obviously, but also during the two annual 'Emergency Loan Windows'. The first starts a week after deadline day on August 31 and lasts until the fourth Thursday in November. The other one starts today and runs until the fourth Thursday in March, which this year is the 28th." /Daily banned paper

kharma45

Chelsea:
McEachran?
Ba?

United:
Buttner?
Fabio?
Macheda

Arsenal:
Frimpong?
Miyaichi
Park
Bendtner
Diaby? (Injured)

Tottenham:

Liverpool:
Skrtel?(?)

City:
Boyata?

Just Macheda for us, both Fabio and Buttner are needed.

Fergie

Banned
Olivier Giroud: Of players attempting 10+ shots in the PL this season, no one has a better conversion rate than Olivier Giroud (23.1%)

Arsenal don't need another striker. Wenger you're sorted.

Acidote

Real Madrid

7/10

Positives:
+++ All signings, highlighting Isco and Bale.
+ Letting Kaka go

Negatives:
- Paying gazillions for Bale
- Selling Özil
- Letting Higuain go instead of Benzema

Here we go, IMPOSTER-gate:

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/manchester-united-ander-herrera-and-the-impostors-picking-through

A little research shows the men, pictured above, work for Laffer Abogados. In fact it's easy to identify them from the company website as partners in the law firm. Laffer have offices in Bilbao, Madrid and Pamplona and work with associates in England and Germany on things like... sport law in Spain. Throughout their website there are references to their work in this field and their expertise on the subject. They've worked with German clubs before and sides from the Premier League, including Arsenal.

It's also backed up independently. Several sources in Spain, including Marca, state they were involved in the highly complicated Javi Martinez to Bayern Munich transfer and helped the German club overcome tax issues. That was a prolonged situation which in itself probably helps explain why one transfer was successful and one not. Even Manchester United can't fight time, off the pitch.

Local Bilbao newspaper El Correo, who have demonstrated the best connected reporting in Spain on this throughout, insist that representatives traveled from Laffer's Bilbao offices to Madrid and were representing both Ander Herrera and Manchester United in an attempt to get the deal done. They had not just turned up Only Fools And Horses style to try and become rich, they probably already are.

If you were a football club, or a footballer, wanting to employ experts on Spanish football law in Bilbao, then Laffer would be who you'd choose. To think that partners from the firm turned up in Madrid without having any encouragement to do so is frankly laughable.

We contacted Laffer on Tuesday morning to get their side, not expecting much given they're a legal firm and will be careful about how they approach such situations. Not for them to fire around accusations about the behaviour of others. Clearly frustrated by the reporting of the situation in Spain and England right now, the firm were unable to comment other than to say they were having a meeting and after that may be able to speak on the matter, perhaps not best to hold breath.

It's correct to say that Manchester United didn't send anyone to Spain, but that doesn't in turn make the partners from Laffer impostors. El Correo insist that Laffer are a prestigious firm highly respected in Bilbao and there's little reason to doubt that, the newspaper just think the whole move for Ander Herrera was a mess from start to finish.

They claim that Manchester United offered €30m on Thursday and wanted to pay this over four installments, a situation which was always going to be unacceptable to Athletic Bilbao. For them a Basque player has his own value, given their recruitment policy it's far harder for them as purchasers in the transfer market and this is reflected when they sell a player they'd rather stayed.

Understandably there's anger in Spain at the situation and Manchester United's reputation has been damaged. El Correo claim that some people connected to the deal think it was a case of either Marouane Fellaini or Ander Herrera when it came down to the wire, and that the big Belgian won out. They say the club's credibility in the transfer market has been damaged.

Reports that Manchester United weren't sure what they had to pay are incorrect. There are four copies of a player's contract, one of which is held at the Spanish league and they would have informed Manchester United what the amount was. Tax issues could have been overcome, with the help of Laffer, but the realisation that a training fee would have to be paid to previous clubs was another late hurdle and an added cost of around €1.8m.

Laffer were not impostors, they may have not been able to give Manchester United and Ander Herrera the answers they wanted but they have a history in this field, a successful one.

A naivety in thinking Athletic Bilbao would in the end reduce the price to please Manchester United and accept staggered payments could be to blame or it could simply be that the club were never going to pay what the Spanish club wanted whether the deal came to a head in June or three hours before the close of the transfer window.

Nobody wins. Least of all Laffer Abogados who are, almost certainly unfairly, being painted as scam artists throughout the European media.

tl;dr Woodward is a penny pinching cunt who I would happily assault if I saw him on the street.

qindarka

Banned

Chelsea:
McEachran?
Ba?

United:
Buttner?
Fabio?
Macheda

Arsenal:
Frimpong?
Miyaichi
Park
Bendtner
Diaby? (Injured)

Tottenham:

Liverpool:
Skrtel?(?)

City:
Boyata?

McEachran, along with Chalobah, will probably be going on loan to the Championship again. Ba is needed for now as third choice striker.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"Gilardino was a Juventus player at 5:00pm local time yesterday until Borrielo's wages caused the deal to fall through."

BorrieLOL you greedy FUCK

Here we go, IMPOSTER-gate:

ibu4Ybn7MI19ow.gif

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/manchester-united-ander-herrera-and-the-impostors-picking-through

Understandably there's anger in Spain at the situation and Manchester United's reputation has been damaged.

A naivety in thinking Athletic Bilbao would in the end reduce the price to please Manchester United and accept staggered payments could be to blame or it could simply be that the club were never going to pay what the Spanish club wanted whether the deal came to a head in June or three hours before the close of the transfer window.

tl;dr Woodward is a penny pinching cunt who I would happily assault if I saw him on the street.

iiTiPb6FYbwmY.gif

ijNve5BKWTpHo.gif

Milan

6/10

+ Signed Poli who has already proven to be good
+ Sold Boateng
+ Kept El Shaa in the team
+ Petagna on loan, hopefully he'll play more at Sampdoria
+ Flamini gone
++++++++ ANTONINI IS GONE

- No new CBs, Zapata is still shit, we had Astori right there
- Still missing another midfielder
- Petagna on loan, I was sure we would've kept him at least until January, I was hoping to see him play again some low table teams

TBD:
_ Kakà, Saponara and Vergara: I have high expectations for Saponetta and Vergara but they still have to play an official match. Kakà? Not really, but if he plays even at 60% of what we were used to see, it's all good.
_ Matri: he took Petagna's place, he's far from being the top striker we could ever buy, but I'm looking forward to him.

All in all I have good feelings about this team. They're young yet a good part of them already has some experience even in the CL, the third place is in our reach. Getting there might mean more money next summer, better signings and a project that somehow keeps going on. I hope to see us getting past the group stage in the CL too.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
pcfifabros illbe online in half hour, lets do this

The window closed just as I got on a train to go to uni.

I opened my iPad. I connected to goober train wifi. I refreshed twitter.

Gave serious thought to getting off the train, going home, pausing on the way to buy some icecream.

The amount of ice cream and cake I ate yesterday was insane.

D_prOdigy

It was a shambolic night, but I awake with warm feelings towards the big Belgian. Have a feeling he'll be a fan-favourite; hope he's a proper cunt on the pitch.

Walshy

Liverpool - 7/10.

Positives:
+ deadwood such as Spearing, Carroll, Downing and Pacheco have left the club, and somehow we managed to recoup a good amount back, more than i expected.
+ more squad depth and improvements in nearly every position.
+ cover for left back in Cissokho.
+ we kept Suarez.
+ Sahko and Mignolet are brilliant signings.

Negatives:
- no marquee attacking player after rumoured moves for Mkhitaryan, Willian and Costa. we have not added any more goals to the side and its up to players like moses, sterling and henderson to step up.
- lack of central midfield cover and goalkeeping cover. signing given would have been an upgrade on Jones. I like Jones but if we want to make the top four you need an experienced cover. Outside of the expected front three of Henderson, Gerrard and Lucas we only really have Allen who can step in to cover. Momo Sissoko is avaliable on a free, why not for six months? Either that or I hope Joao Carlos can make the step up. He would give us an option.
- loaning moses with no option to buy.

Clegg

Is it possible that the Bilbao fans will see Herrera as a traitor because he wanted to sign for us? We've really fucked him up big time.

And I genuinely hope it's just a case of incompetence on our part. If we really only had enough money to choose between Fellaini and Herrera like Sport Witness speculates then we could be in deep shit in the future.

This is just ..... Wow!!! I am Speechless. WTF are Woodward and the United execs even doing?

Whisper it quietly but they may just not be very interested in spending money on our football team. Especially if we had to make a choice between Herrera or Fellaini and that we could only pay £30 million over 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom