• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Aye, bit of confusion there.

Suarez saga was a weird one, it's extremely rare for a striker of his ability to be at a club without Champions League football, and that's something he was desperate for. I don't really think his desire to join Arsenal stemmed from Arsenal being a "desirable" destination for a top striker, but given that you offered Champions League football and were the only club legitimately interested, he seemed intent on moving south.

Would that change with Ozil and a 2nd or 3rd place finish this season? Perhaps.

And regarding Benzema I'd much rather have Giroud. Benzema is lazy and wasteful.

I agree re:Suarez situation, and, to be perfectly honest, I'm sure Ozil was a very similar situation. It's not that Arsenal is all that desirable a destination, it's that we're the only ones left with the money to spend and CL football to offer. But if we get the player, we get the player—and that's what matters at the end of the day.

Lightning

Banned
Who the fuck would want that fucker back?
Not to mention the cunt will be 31. He can fuck off and stay a Moyesy Boy!

I agree re:Suarez situation, and, to be perfectly honest, I'm sure Ozil was a very similar situation. It's not that Arsenal is all that desirable a destination, it's that we're the only ones left with the money to spend and CL football to offer. But if we get the player, we get the player—and that's what matters at the end of the day.
That desire will change with the more talent we bring in and start winning things. Of course we wouldn't be Ozil's first choice he's far too good for many of our squad but I don't care about any of that he's our player now and we paid 5m so the tide is changing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_mskhf3OzK21ralz86o1_1280.jpg

Hey nice faplace!

Is that Marry behind him?

omgkitty

This is my fear; he will put Ozil on the wing

Cazorla played out on the wing for Villarreal, and he drifts where he wants to. I almost never see him out on the left, and it's usually Gibbs out there because he's overlapped and Cazorla has moved inside. Ozil can play on the wing, but I think part of the reason he came here was because he wants to play behind the striker, and that's where I fully expect him to stay.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Okay so he's eating sushi in Turin, apparently.

Marco Motta is still on our team. Not even on loan anywhere. Football is dead.

Congratulations on the scudetto, Napoli!

Conte probably felt bad for him. He's still 27 and we're deliberately trying to ruin his career.
KuGsj.gif

Prandelli will leave Italy's NT after the WC in Brazil.... the favorites to replace him are Zaccheroni and Cannavaro....

Not sure which one is worse.

Probably Zaccheroni.

Now that the dust has settled I've got a few points and questions:

- I'm glad we didn't get Ozil, Shinji deserves to shine with us and I can't wait to see him play more

- Primer ass lost a lot of weight

- Chelsea tied against Bayern and we can beat Chelsea. Shinji CL medal incoming since an English club will win it next

- Where would Herrera play if we get him in January? Seems like an odd deal to me.

Wilbur

Banned
Pret A Manger's tomato and mozzarella croissant is incredible.

I've never had a croissant with anything. I've had pain au chocolat and obv they're called butter croissants, but that does sound nice. Might get one tomorrow, gonna get my hair cut and might go see The Way Way Back.

Arnie

I knew the neutrals were anything but..
As much as people love a good Arsenal wind up, the Liverpool hatred is much stronger.

ie. don't fuckin doubt my science, k
Pret A Manger's tomato and mozzarella croissant is incredible.
Don't like croissants, don't like cheese, not overly fond of Pret A Manger.

Although they do a mean sausage and bean soup. And that orange and white chocolate cookie you recommended was good. And single sandwiches should be ubiquitous.

Wilbur

Banned
- Where would Herrera play if we get him in January? Seems like an odd deal to me.

I wanted two midfielders so it would force a change in system, hate relying on fucking wingers all the time. Vulva's not a fan of the 4-3-3 but I wanted us to play Ander/Marwan/Carrick in the middle and Rooney/Kagawa either side of RVP with license to roam. You'd lose the natural width Valencia offers but Evra and Rafael get up enough anyway to compensate, and you'd have the extra midfielder (and ones that can do defensive diligence like Fellaini) to help out when on the back foot.

omgkitty

Now that the dust has settled I've got a few points and questions:

- I'm glad we didn't get Ozil, Shinji deserves to shine with us and I can't wait to see him play more

- Primer ass lost a lot of weight

- Chelsea tied against Bayern and we can beat Chelsea. Shinji CL medal incoming since an English club will win it next

Shinji has to pay first before you can see him :\
I like him too

You also tied Chelsea and you won't win the CL this year.

faridmon

Jelavic's shiteness transcends ratios and statistics, and can only be described in binary code

01001010 01100101 01101100 01100001 01110110 01101001 01100011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01110100 01100101

He is not that bad....

Take out the last 6 digits please

arnold are you watching Malcolm Tucker vs Tony Soprano yet?
hitch did you watch Crawl Space yet?

Nah, felt a bit tired for a few hours last night, and hate falling asleep halfway through TV episodes. Definitely gonna watch tonight

Fucking love that Mertesacker tackle. Brick wall.

fake edit: It led to the goal as well? Ha.

Like Mad Men, I can tell from that short description that I wouldn't like it :p
Try it. Trust.

I've never had a croissant with anything. I've had pain au chocolat and obv they're called butter croissants, but that does sound nice. Might get one tomorrow, gonna get my hair cut and might go see The Way Way Back.
Wait you've never had a croissant or you've never had a croissant with another flavour?

Anyway yes you should try it.

Don't like croissants, don't like cheese, not overly fond of Pret A Manger.

Although they do a mean sausage and bean soup. And that orange and white chocolate cookie you recommended was good. And single sandwiches should be ubiquitous.
I'm gonna be consigned to Prety on the regs. Only decent food place near work. Boots is nearby and their meal deal is alright good but you gotta change it up sometimes y'know. Pret's well good anyways.

Do you pronounce that au Francais or English.
French way. Heard some funny pronunciations though. OI lets go PRAT AH MARNJAR.

cremino

Conte probably felt bad for him. He's still 27 and we're deliberately trying to ruin his career.
KuGsj.gif

Not sure which one is worse.

Probably Zaccheroni.

FIGC (Italian football federation) will reduce the budget destined for Italy's coach wages from 1,5 mil € to 600-700000 € and that almost excludes the other favorites Mancini, Spalletti and Allegri

Wilbur

Banned
Try it. Trust.

Wait you've never had a croissant or you've never had a croissant with another flavour?

Anyway yes you should try it.

I'm gonna be consigned to Prety on the regs. Only decent food place near work. Boots is nearby and their meal deal is alright good but you gotta change it up sometimes y'know. Pret's well good anyways.

French way. Heard some funny pronunciations though. OI lets go PRAT AH MARNJAR.

I've had croissants, I fucking love them, like the ones you get at M&S or continental breakfasts. I've just never had like, a croissant with ham or cheese or something in. I like chocolate croissants tho.

I say Pret Ow Monjeur

Holy shit Gasquet is playing amazing

Arnie

arnold are you watching Malcolm Tucker vs Tony Soprano yet?
hitch did you watch Crawl Space yet?
Not yet.

Got a Thick of It episode on right now to go with my fish fingers. Tucker's being questioned in Tickle's inquest. Hilarious.

Boots meal deal is insane value, although it's a bit cheaper up North.

Salmon salad, victoria sponge, innocent smoothie. £3.29 (.79 in this shithole).

Can't be fucked with work. Just want the weekend.

faridmon

lol, poor Jelly :D

Has to be replaced by Kone next match surely?

Kone is equally as shite, if the few minutes I have seen him play is anything to go by, but again, he never started any game yet.
Just start with Lukako and go from there. There is no point playing those two if they are amnesiac about the goal line.

Although McCarthy could help get him the decent service he... No, I am not entertaining that thought. He should be benched untill he realises his mistakes.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
FIGC (Italian football federation) will reduce the budget destined for Italy's coach wages from 1,5 mil € to 600-700000 € and that almost excludes the other favorites Mancini, Spalletti and Allegri

Yeah, Mancini definitely won't accept that.
KuGsj.gif

Defoe is so shit sometimes.Just jogs by the ball waiting for it to go out for a corner while Koscielny sprints in from the side and twats it out for a throw. Real amateurish lack of awareness

faridmon

Remember we were in for him and then he chose Everton because he would get more minutes?

He could've gotten a lot :(

Wow, that might be the first time a player is choosing us over a bigger team. However, he have been quite timid this season so far. Hope that Martinez doesn't destroy his confidence and his style of play. He is immense when he is on form.

MotD rubbish: Remember Bale as the player of the last 2 years, forget about his bullshit over the summer.

Spurs fans will remember him the way he deserves to be remembered, either way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom