• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Shit, it looks like Guidetti isn't in our squad list for the PL. Who is going to loan him?!

Sergio AGUERO
Dedryck BOYATA
Gael CLICHY
Martin DEMICHELIS
Edin DZEKO
FERNANDINHO
Javier GARCIA
Joe HART
David SILVA
Stevan JOVETIC
Aleksandar KOLAROV
Vincent KOMPANY
Joleon LESCOTT
James MILNER
Samir NASRI
Jesus NAVAS
Alvaro NEGREDO
Costel PANTILIMON
Micah RICHARDS
Jack RODWELL
Alex NIMELY
Yaya TOURE
Richard WRIGHT
Pablo ZABALETA

Dibbz

Why don't we try and get someone under the age of 60 to oversee an improvement in English football?

But dat experience of failing at Liverpool has to count for something. I find it hilarious that the FA can come out and say "too many foreigners" when they fucking paid out the fucking anus to get Capello in, a guy who could barely speak English, to lead England to nowhere. They should just do us all a favor and just quit. Fucking blame game with those cunts. It's everybody but them.

Salvadora

Saw this posted on Arsenal's squad depth:
BTVf7SiCIAAK7kS.jpg:large
We could use more depth up front and at CB, but that isn't too bad. Podolski & Vermaelen being injured has thrown a spanner in the works though.

Saw this posted on Arsenal's squad depth:

We could use more depth up front and at CB, but that isn't too bad. Podolski & Vermaelen being injured has thrown a spanner in the works though.
Where's Bellerin? Read somewhere that he has been training with the first team recently...

Salvadora

Where's Bellerin? Read somewhere that he has been training with the first team recently...
I could be wrong on this, but I believe he hasn't been promoted to the first team unlike Zelalem & Gnabry. Eisfeld was overlooked too.

What are we going to do with all these midfielders :lol.

Meier

Ozil's initial team, Rot-Weiss Essen, will get about €750k in training compensation due to the solidarity payments (I was always curious how the percentage was determined when I saw it happen on FM.. the previous teams get 5% of the fee split based on amount of time spent there between ages 12 and 23). This represents about 50% of their typical yearly budget. :O

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...fall-fourth-tier-club-rot-weiss-essen?cc=5901

Da hell, Levy is Jewish.
Not that it cares in that precise matter actually.

You can't get much more Jewish than if you have the name Daniel Levy.

GHG

I just watched the Gareth Bale documentary on BBC iplayer...

WTF did I just watch and why on earth have they made a documentary on him...!?!

jtb

Banned
Liverpool's current transfer strategy is really smart, Sakho is a great signing. Potentially great player, great price. I know Rodgers see himself as someone who can improve young talents, and while I'm a bit skeptical of him on that front, if he can get just a few of these players to fulfill their potential, they'll have quite a few quality players. It's definitely the best possible strategy they can employ out of the top 4, imo.

Their biggest problem is that Liverpool just have to be patient for one of the current top 4 to majorly fuck up and I'm not sure if that's happening anytime soon.

GHG

People need reminding that he's Welsh, not English. Then the wankfest will subside.

Its beyond a joke. 90% of it is about his school and pre professional football days. He's achieved nothing in football. NOTHING. Yet they feel the need to make a documentary for him...

I play my TV license for THIS shit. The BBC should be disgusted with themselves.

Salvadora

Liverpool's current transfer strategy is really smart, Sakho is a great signing. Potentially great player, great price. I know Rodgers see himself as someone who can improve young talents, and while I'm a bit skeptical of him on that front, if he can get just a few of these players to fulfill their potential, they'll have quite a few quality players. It's definitely the best possible strategy they can employ out of the top 4, imo.

Their biggest problem is that Liverpool just have to be patient for one of the current top 4 to majorly fuck up and I'm not sure if that's happening anytime soon.
I like how delighted the players seem to be around him, you don't see that often with other managers. Think he is great. myself. Doesn't hurt that he is from Northern Ireland.

Wilbur

Banned
Gasquet may beat Ferrer.
I say wow.

He's playing amazingly well, some shots have made me laugh out loud they're so good.

Its beyond a joke. 90% of it is about his school and pre professional football days. He's achieved nothing in football. NOTHING. Yet they feel the need to make a documentary for him...

I play my TV license for THIS shit. The BBC should be disgusted with themselves.

I can't breathe hahaahhahahaahaha

He's a British player who is the world's most expensive of all time. Take off your new Mesut Ozil glasses - each lens 50% bigger than the typical eyewear - and don't watch it if you don't fucking care.

jtb

Banned
I could be wrong on this, but I believe he hasn't been promoted to the first team unlike Zelalem & Gnabry. Eisfeld was overlooked too.

What are we going to do with all these midfielders :lol.

Is Zelalem training with the first team? I can't wait to see him in the League Cup.

The Guardian article is really interesting.

I wonder who forged an email writing as United and for which player, also the lawyers situation is really embarrassing.

Moyes not knowing about Thiago is really fucked up though, he might have still left for Bayern just for Pep.

Barzul

I'd drop Xavi to an 86, Silva too, Jesus Navas 82 (he's nowhere near the big boys), Özil to 88, Suarez to 88, Gomez to 83. For starters.

Arnie

Well, two things:

Firstly I think Rodgers main strength is improving young players. It was his job at Chelsea for a very long time, and players like John Terry love him for what he did for them. You only have to look at how far Henderson has come, and the likes of Sterling and Wisdom, to know that he's definitely capable in that regard.

If you look at how he's handled and coached the likes of Coutinho and Sturridge, it's also evident that he's great at taking these promising talents who've fallen from the top of the pile at highly regarded clubs and getting them back on track. Sakho falls right into that mould.

My second main point is about us having to wait for someone else to slip up until we can challenge for that fourth place. I don't believe this is true.

Since our group improved in January (and it's improved hugely this summer also) we've taken more league points than Manchester United, the eventual champions. In this campaign we've played three, won three, and shown that we've added a huge element to our game from last season, that of character and defensive concentration.

And we've still got the best striker in the league to return to our squad.

GHG

He's playing amazingly well, some shots have made me laugh out loud they're so good.

I can't breathe hahaahhahahaahaha

He's a British player who is the world's most expensive of all time. Take off your new Mesut Ozil glasses - each lens 50% bigger than the typical eyewear - and don't watch it if you don't fucking care.

Means fuck all in the grand scheme of things. He's achieved nothing. Nada. Just becuase someone else has forked out of their asses for him it doesn't mean that he has suddenly achieved anything. I kept watching in the hope it would get good/interesting... then it ended!

I like my Ozil glasses by the way, they fit fine. Maybe your new Fellaini wig is blocking your vision?

Meier

Kind of a funny coincidence that one of Pique's last names (I assume it's his mother's last name since it's the second name) is Bernabeu.

Kenka

I don't understand David Silva's high rating.

Casillas and Buffon should be top15. Vidic has been given generous stats also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom