• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Reading that Taylor piece makes me feel a bit better about Kagawa's future. Still a bit baffling that we viewed Herrera as £20m player when it was plainly obvious that Bilbao would only sell if his release clause was met. At least we didn't make quite as big a hash of things as it first appeared. We can do a hell of a lot better when it comes to transfers though.

Now I just wanna know about what's happening with Januzaj.

kharma45

Reading that Taylor piece makes me feel a bit better about Kagawa's future. Still a bit baffling that we viewed Herrera as £20m player when it was plainly obvious that Bilbao would only sell if his release clause was met. At least we didn't make quite as big a hash of things as it first appeared. We can do a hell of a lot better when it comes to transfers though.

Now I just wanna know about what's happening with Januzaj.

Happening how? Something earlier that he is seen by the club as a 'special talent'.

jtb

Banned
Such fantastic news that he's training with the first team though. He could learn plenty from Ozil, Arteta and Cazorla. Wenger is so good with young talent and the fact he rates Zelalem so highly gives me great hope for the player.

The official Arsenal website has been updated to add Zelalem and Gnabry to the first team squad, seems to be official confirmation of where they are now.

I'd have to imagine so with him playing such a huge role in the pre-season and how highly Wenger has spoke of him, especially with him now sitting on the bench in every game. He is going to develop into some player.

For a 16 year old to be playing those sort of through balls...

Yeah, if there's one downside (maybe even the only downside) to the Ozil deal it's that the queue for midfield places just got even longer. Though it's probably for the best.

Even though Zelalem plays a killer through ball, I'm pretty sure Wenger will play him a season or two in that pivot/holding role to give him some midfield discipline before unshackling him in a freer number 10 role—but with such a long line ahead of him (Wilshere, Arteta, etc.), it's probably a good thing for his long term future. Wilshere and Fabregas really developed from playing so much from such a young age, but it seems to have ruined both of their bodies. Jack even more so than Cesc. Would be nice to not destroy our young talents in the process of developing them.

Guys, any ideas of what to give Wilbury for his new avatar?

Was thinking of giving him the pic of Arnie's Mate :p

Bacon, what you got?

I literally asked that on the previous page. The consensus was that we should fit him a Pogba avatar.

Best would be to have two avatars. One each for six months.

Wilbur

Banned
gob-franklin.gif

Salvadora

This kid is the real deal IMO. Looks class. I reckon he may get a league debut if we are cruising in a game at some point this season.
Yeah, I think so too.

The only thing I'd be worried about, like jtb said, is that we are going to have to bench quite a few players this season in that position.

I'm even a little concerned about AOC. He said he wants to play in the middle and plays very well there. What are we going to do about him, can't stick him on the wing his whole career.

operon

Don't think Wisdom will be going out on loan with Johnson injured, but there's still a month left for Football League loans if Johnson gets fit within the month.

Think Ryan McLaughlin could be a top talent. He'd be starting RB for Northern Ireland right now - says a lot for (Russia-slaying) NI - but he's not keen on playing for them, which is a pity.

Not sure about Tex. He must be 21 or thereabouts and missed a year of development through injury, and plays in a position where there's plenty of strength in the first team. I'm not sure whether he has enough to his game to play in a different position.
The Republic should call him

Wilbur

Banned
Hansen and Lawrenson gone

pls

dont just sack shearer
eviscerate him

tear him LIMB from LIMB

Also, I've just been looking at Boardwalk Empire stuff. I really liked S2 and liked s3 but goddamn if that isn't an amazing cast. Wish the show was god tier to accompany it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom