• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a relief when the fans start working on a built PC. Thought I'd fucked it up, turned out I just had to use the case's power switch as well as the PSU's :p

Just gotta gt a DVD drive and install Windows, then I can hook up the HDDs and start sorting my programmes, files and folders out

Fergie

Banned
Such a relief when the fans start working on a built PC. Thought I'd fucked it up, turned out I just had to use the case's power switch as well as the PSU's :p

Just gotta gt a DVD drive and install Windows, then I can hook up the HDDs and start sorting my programmes, files and folders out
Dat achievement. Congrats.

Arnie

The whole process is fucking frightening.

I built one with my brother back in 2011, and we're both complete novices. The worst part is the CPU, because if that thing doesn't go in right you're fucked. Those pins, man. Was great when it was finished and I could just sit back playing the BF3 Alpha with a red bull.

At least the nfl will do. For now
Aye, solid substitute.

Can beaver away on other things whilst I watch, too.

LTWheels

The whole process is fucking frightening.

I built one with my brother back in 2011, and we're both complete novices. The worst part is the CPU, because if that thing doesn't go in right you're fucked. Those pins, man. Was great when it was finished and I could just sit back playing the BF3 Alpha with a red bull.

Aye, solid substitute.

Can beaver away on other things whilst I watch, too.

I found it scary at first when I built mine, but you quickly realise that it's essentially 'lego'. Everything can only fit in one place, colour co-ordinated etc.

Though saying that, to this day I can't figure out why the power light on the case does not work. The first time I ever turn on my PC it worked. After that, the power light never worked again.

GQman2121

Banned
That Mad Men Vs. Breaking Bad thread from last night reminds me that the average age of most people on this site is like 20. So many make it about one or the other and attempt to belittle the other show. I'm glad a lot of you guys were in there and taking the sensible approach.

Yen

That Mad Men Vs. Breaking Bad thread from last night reminds me that the average age of most people on this site is like 20. So many make it about one or the other and attempt to belittle the other show. I'm glad a lot of you guys were in there and taking the sensible approach.

Aye, Mad Men's crap, isn't it?

Hieberrr

Following the Bundesliga without knowledge of the German language is hard work boys. I'm drawn to Liverpool and I can't stop myself :( Someone help me
KuGsj.gif

Messi

Yeah but Mad Men has Christina Hendricks.

Mad Men is clearly better though.

Arnie

I think it's the average mental age that's the problem, and I think it's lower than 20.

When I joined this site I was 15 and probably did engage in a lot of needless, petty, 'gaming side' nonsense. Since then I've grown up, and I find the whole thing largely embarrassing to read. The bit about it that strikes me, though, is that when I do venture over there and read all the petty mud-slinging and point-scoring I see the same familiar names that were around when I used to participate.

It's like they exist in this permanent state of continued adolescence in which things are either black or white, and extreme opinions suffocate common sense.

Man, Orange is the New Black is really good. Some nice drama in there.
Might start it later, your taste in these things is pretty reliable.

Who gives a fuck as long as the show is entertaining? If you've read enough high-quality literature it's not as if TV writing is gonna make you piss yourself out of joy anyway.

Actually that's exactly what mad men writing does to me. You can say people over analyze it and some probably do, but there's often incredible layers of depth to what is happening on screen which is wonderful to analyze, just as satisfying as most "high quality literature"

But yes the thread is weird, I do love both but still do prefer mad men in the end by a little bit.

Might start it later, your taste in these things is pretty reliable.

:lol Thanks! It's an interesting idea actually and the characters have some fun dynamics. There are some tropes and cliches at the start but IMO, they slowly weed them out as the season goes on and let the show have its own identity.

Am on Episode 12 of 13 at the moment.

Hey, if it works for you that's great. Not everyone needs to like the same things. I just wish people wouldn't run around and bash "inferior" shows, especially those that are more popular.

Being more popular shouldn't be a reason to hate less on it, should it? Wasn't even mentioning anything about people having to like the same thing, but rather responding to that high class literature will always be superior to any tv shows writing part.

I love Breaking Bad too, def in my top 5 shows together with mad men somewhere.

rodvik

Stan Petrov charity game on today. Some big names are taking part including Berba and King Kenny. Petrov himself hopes to play, even for a little while, which is remarkable.

It's live on BT Sport.

Yeah fairplay to Celtic and their fans as well. Also John Terry, who has really gone out of his way to play, very cool of him.

dc89

For some reason, I don't think I could get in to Mad Men. Which is an insane statement considering I've never watched 1 minute of it.

But it seems kinda... dull. Like it's all about the aesthetics and the authentic props and costume etc.

I've probably embarrassed myself saying this, but that's nothing new.

Why can't people just enjoy the shows they like and be done with it? Why go out of your way to shit on other people? I've noticed it quite a few times at GAF.

Yeah agreed. But then Fry comes in and demands us to discuss 24 which I had happily ignored since the second season started and it kind of forces me to hate on it.
inJ0jJFxVgqBM.png

I also shit on Dexter at every opportunity that I get, if it had just been shit from the start that would have been alright, but I am really sad at how it all of a sudden turned to shit when I used to be a fan of it.

Also you should really apply the same logic here to your video game posts, LET US ENJOY OUR FAKE ICO GAME ELTOPO.

GQman2121

Banned

I totally agree. Personally, I don't even think it's close. I'm glued to my tv when MM is on. Only the last 2.5 seasons of BB have been like that for me. The first few seasons I could easily be making dinner and watch from my kitchen from afar. Outside of Walt, Gus, Mike and Saul, those first three seasons were filled with characters I just wanted to see die or not be on screen.

Mad Men is the complete opposite. If Joan or Peter are missing from an episode, I immediately begin to wonder what they're doing at that current time in the story. What's going to happen when they show up. Or how is this pitch going to be received.

dc89

Francisco Roman Alarcon has left the Spanish national team. Excuse the rough Google Translate.

Francisco Román Alarcón "Iscunt" leaves the concentration of the Spanish national team as a precaution by not sending completely the discomfort that is in his left ankle, although the international tests have ruled anatomic evidence of injury. The player is tested radiological last Wednesday. In this study not appreciated because of the discomfort, not having submitted, have been advised by the international force prudence. 's national coach Vicente del Bosque has decided not to call any player instead. The complete medical report with radiological tests performed will be sent to the medical services of Real Madrid, with whom the doctors of the team have maintained continuous communication.

http://www.sefutbol.com/oficial-isco-abandona-concentracion-molestias-tobillo

So he has a phantom injury?

jtb

Banned
Breaking Bad is one of the most overrated... anythings I can think of. But it's still really good.

oh and also
film > tv

Yen

Formation!

--------------Mignolet

-----Ilori -- Sakho -- Agger
Hendo - - - - - - - - - - - - Enrique
---------Gerrard - - Lucas
-----Moses------Sturridge----Coutinho

K1LLER7

Couldn't get into Mad Men. 8-9 eps in and dropped.

Watching Breaking Bad at the moment, first episode was decent but I'm not sure I'll stick with it.

Game of Thrones is the only show I've caught up with. Can't wait fir the new season.

Also Person of Interest is pretty good.

Something that has always puzzled me: why do you managers [e.g. AVB] opt to field players who've barely had time to train with the team and develop an understanding? Ozil hasn't even found a place to live in London yet. He'll come back to Colney midweek to settle down. At what point is it fair to the player to actually put him into action considering all this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom