• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Couldn't get into Mad Men. 8-9 eps in and dropped.

Watching Breaking Bad at the moment, first episode was decent but I'm not sure I'll stick with it.

Game of Thrones is the only show I've caught up with. Can't wait fir the new season.

Also Person of Interest is pretty good.

Its bloody amazing. Can't wait for the 3rd season to premier.

Mastadon

Banned
Formation!

--------------Mignolet

-----Ilori -- Sakho -- Agger
Hendo - - - - - - - - - - - - Enrique
---------Gerrard - - Lucas
-----Moses------Sturridge----Coutinho

I'm not sure about Hendo at RWB at all to be honest, and I very much doubt llori is ready for the first team quite yet. I'd just go ahead and play the same team against Swansea with Kelly in for Johnson. Why fix what isn't broken yet?

dc89

La Masia ‏@Youngcules 7s
Barca B look a completely different side in the second half with Denis Suarez addition.

----

D: fuck sake.

Decent free kick yesterday by one of our players on loan at Swindon

apfreekickawj78.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why can't people just enjoy the shows they like and be done with it? Why go out of your way to shit on other people?

Why can't people just enjoy the shows they like and be done with it? Why go out of your way to shit on other people?

Seriously

And it applies to everything in life. Music, games, women etc

sneaky77

Seriously

And it applies to everything in life. Music, games, women etc

That said, Llorente will still flop at Juve lol.

I agree with that though. Enjoying what you like is cool, people sharing opinions is cool, shitting on someone else because they like something you don't is stoopid

Hixx

There are Lynx gift sets on sale for £1 at some supermarket

I have put a bet on with a mate that I get at least 3 for my birthday and double that at christmas.

Mastadon

Banned
Right I've decided to give Mad Men another shot because you guys told me I made a terrible mistake.

I've got so many shows to start/catch up on.

jtb

Banned
anyone here a Murakami fan? I want to give him a shot... but I'm not really sure where to start. What's his most accessible book?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^Either odd_morsel or Sal, I'm not sure.

Shake Appeal is the Juve taste prophet though.

Absolutely.
3AQmK.gif

And as far as I know, fadetoblack is into Mad Men too. A guy who enjoys wine tasting, opera, homemade pizza and B&W movies.

Yeah, I better get to it.

Clegg

anyone here a Murakami fan? I want to give him a shot... but I'm not really sure where to start. What's his most accessible book?

Norwegian Wood is definitely his most accessible read. But it's nothing like his other works imo. NW is more of a romance story while his other stuff is more surreal in nature.

Hard Boiled Wonderland & The End of the World is probably the best starting point if yoy want to get into his more surreal books.

Mastadon

Banned

Norwegian Wood or Kafka on the Shore are great starting points. He's fantastic, but give it time before you make any judgements. Wind-up Bird Chronicles is a bit more... out there.

Norwegian Wood is definitely his most accessible read. But it's nothing like his other works imo. NW is more of a romance story while his other stuff is more surreal in nature.

Hard Boiled Wonderland & The End of the World is probably the best starting point if yoy want to get into his more surreal books.

Have you read IQ84? I've had it for ages but heard very mixed things about it.

Wilbur

Banned
I started watching Deadwood. Think I'm in love with Ian McShane

Best character/acting on TV that I've ever seen. From what I've seen of Sopranos, Gandolfini is amazing. Cranston is amazing, Elba was amazing in the Wire, and then you got dat Peter Capaldi fire in The Thick Of It.

But man. Al Swearengen is just fucking incredible. McShane should have won absolutely fucking everything for Deadwood.

Clegg

Norwegian Wood or Kafka on the Shore are great starting points. He's fantastic, but give it time before you make any judgements. Wind-up Bird Chronicles is a bit more... out there.

Have you read IQ84? I've had it for ages but heard very mixed things about it.

Only read the first part of it. Was a bit too similar to his other stuff for me to really get into. I mean, all of his book share some similarities in themes and tropes but 1Q84 was the first Murakami book where I felt he was just ticking off a checklist of things to include in the story.

Zabojnik

Martin Caceres fucked his right knee again (meniscus)

God really hates him.

What. The. Fuck. How bad is it?

Zabo likes it so I'm sure it's class.

original.gif

Mad Man is superb in almost every way. And in no fucking way is it 'boring'. The writing and character development alone should keep anyone with half a brain interested. Now everyone has to like it. It is after all very specific. But if you've watched two seasons and still can't understand why it is great television and feel the need to make retarded threads about it, then, yeah, just forget about it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What. The. Fuck. How bad is it?

Mad Man is superb in almost every way. And in no fucking way is it 'boring'. The writing and character development alone should keep anyone with half a brain interested. Now everyone has to like it. It is after all very specific. But if you've watched two seasons and still can't understand why it is great television and feel the need to make retarded threads about it, then, yeah, just forget about it.

A suspected torn meniscus.
we could've used Marrone, lol.

Carbonox

Couldn't get into Mad Men. 8-9 eps in and dropped.

Watching Breaking Bad at the moment, first episode was decent but I'm not sure I'll stick with it.

Game of Thrones is the only show I've caught up with. Can't wait fir the new season.

Also Person of Interest is pretty good.

Person of Interest is sublime.

Is Insidious any good guys? I taped it last night and need something to watch. It's either that or Avengers.

Absolutely not. Insidious is fucking trash. Big ass discussion on it and other similar horror films last night - it truly is utter nonsense.

faridmon

My favourite is Kafka on The Shore. Its quite accessible and the mystery behind it will keep you reading it until the end. Damn shame that it ends unsatisfactory, but the journey is absolutely wonderful. My Haruki Murakami reading adventure actually started from Dance Dance Dance which just grabbed me from the beginning and I couldn't stop until it finished. That book had the best characters of his book.

Hard Boiled Wonderland & The End of the World was also amazing, and I have to say no other book have blown my mind like that books ending, Holyshit! Its quite abstract until you build your world in your head and go with it. The adventure is quite fulfilling and the two stories have two widely different structures which is helps set the tone for its thematic purpose.

I found Wind-up Bird Chronicles disappointed and below average. The structure is non-existence, the characters are quite impulsive and the story and the world building, I found, was quite improvise to a degree that reeks of simply going for the compulsion of metaphysical emphasis rather than set a rule of thumbs towards the plot and the ending was bloody dumb. I honestly don't get the prainse it gets from people, Yes, all of his books falls flat the closer it gets to the ending, but that one was simply irritating.

After Dark is simply the most underrated of his book. I felt he has done the blend of reality and metaphysical quite better than Wind-up and the story had this Noir feel to it. It was sombre and buoyant and had this underhand abstract commentary on physical mind and body. Simply fantastic.

Haven't read 1Q84, but heard it was average. I am looking forward in reading it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom