• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Just woke up, still tipsy from after-work liquor, gonna buy two bottles of wine in an hour and kill 'em with my dad as we watch our Barcelona make history.

I'm so fucking amped right now!

Eyeh4wk

neymar takin last uefa goal from suarez is some bulllll

Actually he scored the last two goals

smiley_smug.gif

leadbelly

Banned
Manchester United are preparing to make a £50m bid for Tottenham striker Harry Kane, 21, with Louis van Gaal set to offer Javier Hernandez, Nani and Adnan Januzaj as part of the deal

I'd like to see Harry Kane going to United. The thing about the Premier League though, is that it is becoming increasingly difficult for top teams to buy players from within it. There is too much money in the Premier League, A lot of clubs, particularly in the second half of the table, have no interest or need to sell their best players. They just don't need the money. Of course Tottenham particularly have been extremely difficult to buy from for a few years now.

I'd like to see Harry Kane going to United. The thing about the Premier League though, is that it is becoming increasingly difficult for top teams to buy players from within it. There is too much money in the Premier League, A lot of clubs, particularly in the second half of the table, have no interest or need to sell their best players. They just don't need the money. Of course Tottenham particularly have been extremely difficult to buy from for a few years now.

That's a ridiculous amount for Kane. 50m and we will offer players, wtf.

leadbelly

Banned

The thing is, you kind of have to. As I said, the Premier League has too much money. Tottenham have absolutely no need to sell him.

It's not impossible, but it will be difficult for United to buy him. The most crucial thing that needs to happen is that Harry Kane attempts to force move away from Tottenham. It is hard to keep a player that does not want to be there. This of course is what Sterling is doing at Liverpool. Even then though, teams are reluctant to sell players to rival Premier League teams. This was kind of what happened when Arsenal tried to buy Suarez. If the player really doesn't want to be there, and is doing everything to force a move, a Premier League team is more likely to sell to a foreign team like Real Madrid or Barcelona than they are a Premier League team.

If you get past the part where the player really wants to leave, and Real Madrid or Barcelona aren't really in the bidding, you then have to talk about price. As we know Levy will try to get as much money as possible for the player.

England drawing 0-0 with Ireland

Losing third place match in toulon 2-1 against Usa

Failing to qualify to U20 world cup.

Gonna make it to the euro cup just to choke up in the group stages

Yup this country's future In football will be shite.

Kane agreed a £35kpw contract at Tottenham when he was in his best form and could have easily bent them over a barrell

I doubt he'll be trying to force a move away any time soon, especially to join a team that finished 1 place above his.

Slept through the England match thankfully. Dull group of players, dull manager. Haven't got a single player in the squad with any real spark since Rooney had it beaten out of him 8 or so years ago.

Anth1888

So Premier Sports has the Copa America (who the fuck has Premier Sports?) yet BT buy the rights to the CONCACAF Gold Cup which are in the middle of the night. What fucked up logic is that.

Pacbois

Well that was a messy game...N'tep and Fekir were amazing, if they continue on their way, they might be beasting during the Euro.

Firemind

Can we have Gaal back, please? This demented coach of ours is blaming the players for his incompetence every goddamn time. Piss off, Guus.

bjaelke

Darren Bent release. Too bad we've already signed our quota of free, mediocre strikers today.
An actual offer or just paper talk??

As a Hammer I'm getting tense. Not even sure Bilic will be amenable. But I am a pessimist.

His agent confirmed that he had an offer from England and reiterated that today (+other offers). First comment came just after he was being linked with West Ham.

Yup this country's future In football will be shite.

In the immediate future and maybe the next 10 years yeah. Further on I wouldn't be so sure the investment in the lower levels of youth football compared to other countries has only really just begun and we finally have a range of coaches at certain clubs that aren't just pushing the typical English footballer and are looking for larger skill sets and introducing them to different types methods of play. You now also have that whole sport brand training of footballers as well that have a totally different mentality. I think it shows the quality of English football when the only exports we have are either in the MLS or lower levels of Serie A. The traditionalism by the footballing powers hasn't been helpful to the development of youth at all.

slider

His agent confirmed that he had an offer from England and reiterated that today (+other offers). First comment came just after he was being linked with West Ham.

Gotcha.

BTW, poor old Darren Bent. From what I've heard he sounds like a lovely bloke.

Jarnet87

money deals that include swapping players don't happen very often. Lots of silly rumors but nothing more then that most of the time. I think we'll see a bit of business in June with their being no Euro or World Cup tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom