• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy to take Clyne now not so much Schneiderlin tbh but knowing us we will spend all summer chasing a 'glamor signing' and come up short then go in for him on deadline day and pay more like we did with Afro.

Cappa

Banned
They signed Vidal. Must be awkward for him, signing to replace Alves with the proviso that he couldn't play until January. Now Alves remains and he still can't play until January...

Aleix Vidal can't play until January but after than, then what? I also don't know how someone can go without playing for 6 months.... I'm sure they'll find a way to bypass that so he plays somehwere on some team who knows.

I just don't know how the Alves/Vidal situation is going to play out. Alves doesn't seem to keen to be a rotation back.

TM94

CHJ3YPQWkAARY8L.jpg

I'll give him a chance, Ashley needs to back him with significant investment mind because the squad is utterly terrible.

Pacbois

Thinking about getting some Euro 2016 tickets but right now it's buying blindly and I don't know how many I will be able to afford when they'll be attributed... But then if I'm lucky I can go to a round of 16 game for 30€.

Celtic Park the first UK stadium to have safe standing - 2016/17. Bit of a game changer in the UK and will probably be implemented across the country if successful.

Read this the other day and best thing to happen to British football in years. If this comes to the PL I will buy a season ticket rather than getting hospitality a few times a year.

Thinking about getting some Euro 2016 tickets but right now it's buying blindly and I don't know how many I will be able to afford when they'll be attributed... But then if I'm lucky I can go to a round of 16 game for 30€.

how does it work? I honestly applied for 4 different games but is it a all or nothing scenario? I think I could scrape enough money to pay for all 4 but I mean only just. I was just grabbing the games/places I wanted to go to and was hoping it would only pick one of them.

Brazil playing Honduras tonight with an unusual formation...

Jefferson (BOT).
Fabinho (MON), Miranda (ATL), David Luiz (PSG) e F. Luís (CHE).
Casemiro (POR), Fernandinho (CIT), Fred (SHA), P. Coutinho (LIV) e Willian (CHE). Firmino (HOF).

Portugeezer

Brazil playing Honduras tonight with an unusual formation...

Jefferson (BOT).
Fabinho (MON), Miranda (ATL), David Luiz (PSG) e F. Luís (CHE).
Casemiro (POR), Fernandinho (CIT), Fred (SHA), P. Coutinho (LIV) e Willian (CHE). Firmino (HOF).

Casemiro no longer a Porto player, Madrid bought him back from his loan lol.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Slow down guys. Thread moves so fast it's hard to keep up with it.

Jarnet87

I'm happy to take Clyne now not so much Schneiderlin tbh but knowing us we will spend all summer chasing a 'glamor signing' and come up short then go in for him on deadline day and pay more like we did with Afro.

In true Fergie fashion we will not sign any midfielders and instead spend big on a striker and maybe another winger. The ghost of fergie lives on.

Carbonox

Tom Ince and Charlie Austin to Newcastle? Yes please. I know better than to be optimistic for any transfer news involving Newcastle but the club hierarchy shuffling around is leading us to be linked with more sensible signings than a French gangbang with legitimate interest in the likes of Austin, Berahino (less likely), Ince, etc. Supposedly in talks with Wolfsburg over Bas Dost too. If there is a time to start pulling thumbs out of arses it's now.

Ince is better than all of our current primary wingers put together (not hard) so he'd be a good and relatively cheap signing.

Need like 20 defenders though. That's what I'm concerned about first and foremost cos we literally have no good defenders apart from Janmaat. None.

TM94

Tom Ince and Charlie Austin to Newcastle? Yes please. I know better than to be optimistic for any transfer news involving Newcastle but the club hierarchy shuffling around is leading us to be linked with more sensible signings than a French gangbang with legitimate interest in the likes of Austin, Berahino (less likely), Ince, etc. Supposedly in talks with Wolfsburg over Bas Dost too. If there is a time to start pulling thumbs out of arses it's now.

Ince is better than all of our current primary wingers put together (not hard) so he'd be a good and relatively cheap signing.

Need like 20 defenders though. That's what I'm concerned about first and foremost cos we literally have no good defenders apart from Janmaat. None.

Tom Ince is a pure myth, couldn't stand out at Hull. Fucking Hull.

Would be ecstatic with Austin though, true #9

Carbonox

Tom Ince is a pure myth, couldn't stand out at Hull. Fucking Hull.

Would be ecstatic with Austin though, true #9

What about at Derby? I heard he's been decent in the Championship
lulzchampionship
. Not the best barometer but if McClaren can get any drips of talent out of the lad than Hull did (is such a thing even possible? Who'd want to put effort in in a place like Hull anyway?) then I'd prefer to suck him off instead of seeing the likes of Obertan or Gouffran in the starting lineup again.

SO much work needs to be done to the squad is unreal. Could go on for days.

Cappa

Banned
He's been one of the best real Madrid players in history but he's getting up there an age and the amount of minutes he's played is ridiculous. This season was very noticeable, he started out on fire no one questioned whether Ronaldo or Messi but after winter break it was all downhill. Ronaldos problem is he feels he needs to play every game all game and his knees and body just can't take it anymore.

There's no credible sources in that article though but most of the points are true. Florentino is a businessman and Ronaldo brings in millions anyone thinking Florentino has never had any interest in Ronaldo is crazy but I think Ronaldos time is up in Madrid. He's got one more season in him and then sell him go psg for 150 million euros.

Casemiro no longer a Porto player, Madrid bought him back from his loan lol.

Probably the only good decision Flo has made/will make this year.

I had no idea. lol

I'm not a fan of the guy. When he played for SPFC he had drinking problems apparently.

I saw him going from great prospect to absolute trash in like 1 year.

I hope he can maintain a good form going foward tho. Lot's of potential.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So this Taarabt from QPR is aparently signed with Benfica, any of you fine British gentlemen know him?

Word here is that he can be good but is a troublemaker :/

So how much is Sterling worth?

25m plus 5 (add ons) rejected from City.

I think 35 would be about right but I know they want more.

It's the same with Kane and Spurs valuing him around 50m, still only had one good season.

So how much is Sterling worth?

25m plus 5 (add ons) rejected from City.

I think 35 would be about right but I know they want more.

It's the same with Kane and Spurs valuing him around 50m, still only had one good season.

What he's worth now - £12m

What he'll likely be worth in the future - £50m

What he's worth to our ego right now - £40m

What we can get out of City - More than £30m total

Not that bothered if he leaves now as long as we get a good deal. Thought he had the mentality to play well even if he doesn't want to be here, obviously not though. Been utter dogshit since he and his representatives bought all this focus on themselves.

Would be more comfortable selling to Man City than to any of the alternatives, unless Walcott could be used as a makeweight which I very much doubt. Walcott has essentially forced himself into next season's plans with his last 2 games unfortunately.

Carbonox

Be interesting to see how Liverpool revamp their attacking options.

Lambert, Ings and Borini in a front three sounds class.

Why are we still linked with Carroll. Though I guess he's way more likely than Berahino. Austin, Carroll and Perez is decent. Riviere's a cack striker but good at everything else so he should become a winger.

Be interesting to see how Liverpool revamp their attacking options.

Lambert, Ings and Borini in a front three sounds class.

Why are we still linked with Carroll. Though I guess he's way more likely than Berahino. Austin, Carroll and Perez is decent. Riviere's a cack striker but good at everything else so he should become a winger.

I'm very surprised and disappointed that we haven't already tried shoving Balotelli, Borini and Lambert out the door. Borini runs his bollocks off and it'd be a shame for Lambert on a personal level, but they have nothing to offer the club other than prospective transfer fees to go towards necessary replacements. None of them are good enough to be 4th choice, which is a ridiculous and inarguable conclusion to draw given their reputations, fees and prior output elesewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom