• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portugeezer

Ronaldo the king.

What the fuck would we do without you!

8cd35148e3.jpg

Just arrived today :)

Nice bro.

Cristiano Ronaldo - 9 goals in the last 3 games for both RM and Portugal.

Edit: Looking forward to see Messi go super sayan later tonight as well.

Daemul

Decent point against Ireland, but they were there for the taking. That said, so were we!

Hopefully that goal and non-red card don't come back to haunt us...

Unless we bottle it against the likes of Georgia I think we have 3rd place locked down. I would prefer 2nd place and automatic qualification but Poland and Germany are too good for us to displace sadly, so play off's will do.

szaromir

Banned
Unless we bottle it against the likes of Georgia I think we have 3rd place locked down. I would prefer 2nd place and automatic qualification but Poland and Germany are too good for us to displace sadly, so play off's will do.

Pretty crazy that Poland is considered too good, bearing in mind that our representation hit rock bottom a couple years ago.

Pacbois

how does it work? I honestly applied for 4 different games but is it a all or nothing scenario? I think I could scrape enough money to pay for all 4 but I mean only just. I was just grabbing the games/places I wanted to go to and was hoping it would only pick one of them.

You have to apply before July 10, then unless the game isn't "sold-out", they do a lottery. Then they'll charge the card before mid-august I think. I guess you'd have to check every day to see which game you got and make sure to have enough money on your account because if the charge is declined the tickets are lost.

They'll also have a reselling platform on next year.

m8 we're shite. It's not even a surprise because the team is well below average these days with a few big names who never perform.

Nothing will change until Roy goes and Rooney retires.

It's just so funny and sad. Spend most of the half dominating, one thrown in mistake and your're suddenly losing.

m8 we're shite. It's not even a surprise because the team is well below average these days with a few big names who never perform.

Nothing will change until Roy goes and Rooney retires.

His team selection is baffling. Players that don't start for their clubs will start for England while players who start don't get selected

lol of course when the commentator talks about Wilshere not being a good scorer and never having scored for the international he scores a brace like this

leadbelly

Banned
An entertaining game. Our defence is a bit shit though.

I've had mixed feelings about the qualifying for Euro 2016. On one hand I am kind of glad it was such an easy group stage. No real nervous moments to speak of at all. On the other hand though, the opposition has seemed a bit too easy. There has been nothing to test England. I've found the matches a little bit unsatisfying to watch. There is nothing to gauge how much England has developed as a team.

An entertaining game. Our defence is a bit shit though.

I've had mixed feelings about the qualifying for Euro 2016. On one hand I am kind of glad it was such an easy group stage. No real nervous moments to speak of at all. On the other hand though, the opposition has seemed a bit too easy. There has been nothing to test England. I've found the matches a little bit unsatisfying to watch. There is nothing to gauge how much England has developed as a team.

I don't think any european team is as dominant as spain were from 2008-2012 so i think any team can win it. Germany are the best bet though but they haven't really impressed in qualification.

England has a chance if their players show up and Roy actually chooses a decent side made up with players inform and players that start for their teams.

Think England could scrape to the quarters, maybe semi if we get really favourable draws, or massive underperformances by the opposition.

Pretty rubbish group of players, and I don't trust Hodgson at all when the tough matches come around

Sven Ulreich (Stuttgart) goes to Bayern Munich and becomes the new #2 Goalkeeper behind Neuer. This comes as a huge surprise to most (all?) people. But maybe Pep will introduce a GK roation like Barca did but Neuer is just too good to bench him in important CL games. So maybe Ulreich will only play DFB Pokal but.... whatever, let's wait and see what Bayern has in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom