• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was a decent offer for Sterling, even with British Tax factored in.

£40m for him sounds like a joke, but then I remember PSG supposedly bid that for Januzaj a year ago so.....

Jarnet87

I thought that was a decent offer for Sterling, even with British Tax factored in.

£40m for him sounds like a joke, but then I remember PSG supposedly bid that for Januzaj a year ago so.....

Januzaj needs a loan move. Short of an amazing summer where he blossoms into a world class player somehow he won't be getting game time at United again. He has to play to get better and right now van Gaal doesn't play him.

LNBL

2e179bdd9fad4c0c8b883533e88bae21.png

de690227538746a2a0fb4bd6b201e0c7.png

Oh god we may actually be looking at Kane, Spurs would take us to the cleaners even at this early stage of his career.

I want us to spend money on class not potential.

James Milner
Danny Ings
Adam Bogdan

Is Liverpool just taking the piss at this point?

Depends if we spend the money that's been saved with those transfers

Big upgrade to 2nd/3rd choice striker, big upgrade to second choice keeper, and big upgrade in CM with added versatility

None of them are great, but they're much better than what we had last year, and for fees that should allow us to buy real quality elsewhere, particularly at rightback and hopefully up front as well since Sturridge/Ings still isn't good enough with Sturridge's injuries.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Croatia v Italy should be fun

edit: oh wow, I didn't know it was a closed doors match. I think this might be the second one I've ever watched.

EmiPrime

So how much is Sterling worth?

25m plus 5 (add ons) rejected from City.

I think 35 would be about right but I know they want more.

It's the same with Kane and Spurs valuing him around 50m, still only had one good season.

If Depay is 31m, Sterling is 20m tops, with the British tax.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
how is iceland beasting in their group? it takes like half the country's population to fill a football team.

is it because all their names sound the same so the defenders don't remember who they're supposed to be guarding?

Godan

Looks like Jackson Martinez is going to AC Milan.

Thought Arsenal would have tried to get him. Aw well guess we need to find another striker to go for now.

EmiPrime

I'm not bothered about signing a striker this summer unless it's someone on Aguero's level.

I am however really excited about possibly signing Cech! Huge upgrade on what we have now and arguably still the best keeper in the league.

Hey guys, Liverpool fan. Dunno how many Reds are here but yeah, screw Sterling. I still have faith in Rodgers, I'd give him another year.

Hope to enjoy the coming season with you lads.

Best wishes.

Tubie

Hey guys, Liverpool fan. Dunno how many Reds are here but yeah, screw Sterling. I still have faith in Rodgers, I'd give him another year.

Hope to enjoy the coming season with you lads.

Best wishes.

Welcome

There's quite a few Liverpool fans here.

Thread is slow now but it should pick up once the transfer bullshit goes into full force next month.

DBT85

And WooWoo would probably do his speciality

"we offer you £30m for Loris"
"No"
"We offer you £30.1m"
"No"
"We offer you £29m spread over 37 years"
"No"
"We offer you £60m"
"done"

'MON SCOTLAND!

EDIT - Ireland definitely up for this, though!

EDIT 2 - Some naughty tackles starting to fly in!

EDIT 3 - 1-0 to Ireland, nuts! Should have been offside as well.

EDIT 4 - Half time and Ireland have been by far the better team, but lucky to not be a man down and the goal shouldn't have stood. Changes needed from us pronto!

EDIT 5 - 1-1! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom