• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiPrime

CJdwTzKVEAADrjc.jpg

spidye

Absolutely. If it makes you happy, he's not the most overrated manager though *cough*Pep*cough*.

They wouldn't drive out and/or sell Müller. There would be riots.

you think Müller is above Bastian 'Fußbalgott' Schweinsteiger? I don't see any riots for him

:(

El Topo

you think Müller is above Bastian 'Fußbalgott' Schweinsteiger? I don't see any riots for him

:(

Fans seem pretty damn pissed about this. No one is angry at Schweinsteiger, he's a legend, but Rummenigge and Pep? I think there's quite a bit of animosity from the fans right now.

spidye

Fans seem pretty damn pissed about this. No one is angry at Schweinsteiger, he's a legend, but Rummenigge and Pep? I think there's quite a bit of animosity from the fans right now.
we'll see. I hope we see some repercussion at least.

this transfer should get some nice reactions from the crowd at the next game

Really liking the decisions made by our manager lately. While it still hurts to see Kevin Wimmer leave for the Spurs we've got some good players to fortify our defense as well as offence.

Milos Jojic (coming from Dortmund) - CM
Frederik Soerensen (coming from Juve) - CB
Anthony Modeste (coming from Hoffenheim) - CF
Dominique Heintz (coming from Kaiserslautern) - CB
Philipp Hosiner (coming from Wien) - CF

My "dream team" for next season'd look like this:

------------------------Horn------------------------
Olkowski---Heintz--Soerensen--Hector
----------------Jojic------Lehmann-------------
-----Risse----------------------Nagasawa-----
----------------------------Hosiner----------------
----------------Modeste---------------------------

Oersted

Schweinsteiger leaves.
Gerrard leaves.
Casillas leaves.
Pirlo leaves.
Xavi leaves.
Lampard leaves.

Shit ain't the same anymore.

Schweinsteiger leaves.
Gerrard leaves.
Casillas leaves.
Pirlo leaves.
Xavi leaves.
Lampard leaves.

Schweinsteiger will still be playing at the highest level though, as will Casillas to a lesser extent.

I always thought Gerrard, Xavi and Casillas would retire with Liverpool, Barca and Madrid. Still wish we could have worked something out with Gerrard, but he said years ago that he'd never be happy on the bench, so it shouldn't have been as surprising as it was.

Schweine to United is such a shit move. I know Bayern will say Schweine wanted to leave and Schweine will say he wants a new challenge. But I can't help but think that Schweine would have stayed if Pep had told him he plans with him in midfield.

They really should have just told Lahm that playing as midfielder was fun while it lasted but he needs to stop that bullshit and play on his best position again if he wants another proper shot at winning the CL before he retires. Or they should have just sold Alonso instead. Selling Kroos and Schweine while signing Alonso is such terrible management that Hoeneß should do something that gets him right back to (proper) prison.

Hey does anyone know how to play with edited teams in FIFA 15? I made some custom teams via club transfers and even see them in team formation in customize, but I can't seem to play with the squad I made in Kick Off. Is there a way to have them in Career Mode too? This is an issue while being online. Do I really have to disconnect from Psn?

I keep downloading the latest squad updates whenever I try.

Best wishes.

Hey does anyone know how to play with edited teams in FIFA 15? I made some custom teams via club transfers and even see them in team formation in customize, but I can't seem to play with the squad I made in Kick Off. Is there a way to have them in Career Mode too? This is an issue while being online. Do I really have to disconnect from Psn?

I keep downloading the latest squad updates whenever I try.

Best wishes.

For career mode instead of choosing download latest squads when you are starting your new career and choose custom squads.

Sinclair unfortunately was not as good as AJ and was battling Silva, Nasri, Milner, Yaya, etc. for playing time. Delph's position is a lot thinner at City -- he's arguably quite clearly better than Fernando and will help replace the loss of Lampard and Milner. I think he'll play a lot.

Sounds like he wasn't too sure of that... (playing a lot)

Tubie

Modric said he wants Ramos to stay.

Ramos also hugged Florentino on the first day of training.

I'm sorry United bros, he's staying home.

EPL will be interesting this season tho, I don't think Chelsea will win it again. They won last season simply because they were the least mediocre side in the top 4. I don't think the top teams in England will remain in this slump for too long (that includes Liverpool too).

CJp9nmhWIAAlbP4.jpg

So a center-back and a striker next? Also heard they were still interested in Schneiderlin.

Linked to Bentekers this morning I'd be OK with that, he just needs constant service or will drift off half way through a game. Which worries me when I think back to Falcao, though Bentekers is a proven threat in the league.

Blablurn

Schweine to United is such a shit move. I know Bayern will say Schweine wanted to leave and Schweine will say he wants a new challenge. But I can't help but think that Schweine would have stayed if Pep had told him he plans with him in midfield.

They really should have just told Lahm that playing as midfielder was fun while it lasted but he needs to stop that bullshit and play on his best position again if he wants another proper shot at winning the CL before he retires. Or they should have just sold Alonso instead. Selling Kroos and Schweine while signing Alonso is such terrible management that Hoeneß should do something that gets him right back to (proper) prison.

Great post. I completely agree.

We keep Alonso but let Schweini go? wtf rummage. I feel indifferent about this season already.

DBT85

The keeper. omg.

Glad the Darmian one is done. Hopefully Pig will be done by the end of Monday too.

I do hope that's not all.

Seen the papers say we also want Benteke and another say we are going for Oblak from Athletico too. Will hurt if we pay more for him than Madrid do for DeGea.

Wondering how fans will deal with DeGea going too. Ronnie is almost universally loved in part because of his service but also because he signed a fat deal and made sure we got a ton of money from the transfer. DeGea doesn't have either, even if he did get us a top 4 spot with a billion injuries in the squad.

Though I'm surprised it's rumbled on this long.

Stulaw

Saw Keane's goal earlier on Sky Sports, he's still got it in terms of ball control and finding the net.

Anyone doing the Fantasy Premier League this season?

Gambit

Wait, what? No. Nonononononononono. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

No. No. Nonononono. Fuck that. No. No. NO!

Fuck. No. Not him. No. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

No. Please. No. Fuck. No.

My feelings exactly. Fuck Rummenigge and Fuck Pep. So instead of Basti and Kroos we now only have fucking (old!) Alonso.

I want rummenige gone

otherwise Müller is the next victim

There are riots already, but Müller would be on another level. At least with Schweinsteiger we can compensate for his loss (somewhat). They are destroying Bayern and Bayern's identity.

I want players from Bayern, at best their own youth products to make up the core of the group. (Alaba totally counts too!). A Douglas Costa or Thiago will never identify with the club and never be as well-liked by the fans. The former would have happily gone to any club bigger than Donezk and the latter only followed Pep.

PS: Now I feel pressured to root for United to win the League next season. Darn you, van Gaal!

spidye

I just saw some pics from heartbreaking casillas press conference

he's crying and alone. Perez was not attending the conference

2,w=591,c=0.sport.jpg

3,w=993,c=0.sport.jpg

that's how you treat a club legend :|

scently

To the Bayern fans here; would you have rather kept Schweinisteiger and sold Alonso or do you feel Alonso is better and just mourns his loss as he was one of the faces of Bayern's identity?

RiggyRob

I just saw the some pics from casillas heartbreaking press conference

2,w=591,c=0.sport.jpg

3,w=993,c=0.sport.jpg

Porto ain't that bad, Iker.

United might get stick for sacking Moyes but at least we'd never treat an actual club legend like this.

Oersted

Fuck me those pics.

Are there any rumors who Bayern tries to get for the midfield, or will it Pep rely on Mr Injured, Methusalem and the guy who doesn't belong there?

EPL will be interesting this season tho, I don't think Chelsea will win it again. They won last season simply because they were the least mediocre side in the top 4. I don't think the top teams in England will remain in this slump for too long (that includes Liverpool too).

Least mediocre? You should watch our season review, we weren't mediocre in the slightest, we were easily the best by a long way and we used the least amount of players in the league I think, our problem was that Jose clearly didn't trust anyone outside of a core 13/14 and that didn't help us in the CL either (not that it was the reason we went out). Despite City closing the gap over Christmas there was never any real threat, we scored plenty of goals, defence was in great shape, goalkeepers were good and strikers were clinical, some of the football we played before Christmas was great and when we needed to we changed from stylish to just completely locking teams out with ease, we also kept out all of our "competition" relatively easily just need to draw a bit less.

I said last season before it started that the title would be ours and I was right, United are having a great summer and I think they will be our biggest competition but we have a team that has gelled well together, the core of the team will remain very much the same but we just need better players around the starters which is what they seem to be going for, Falcao is a very good Drogba replacement, we need another CM, another winger, a left back and maybe a centre back with Luis, Cuadrado (probably), Mikel and Salah leaving.

We also have the best manager in the league, I've no idea if we will win the league again but we are definitely the favourites and rightly so, we won it with plenty of games spare and we'll invest this summer.

Also Liverpool arent getting near the top anytime soon, Rodgers won't see out the season unless they have a great start. I don't really want to call the season they finished second a fluke but it seems pretty obvious they just can't keep hold of their best players and keep the rest fit but they've bought well, perhaps they will challenge top 4 but so much competition will make it hard.

spidye

To the Bayern fans here; would you have rather kept Schweinisteiger and sold Alonso or do you feel Alonso is better and just mourns his loss as he was one of the faces of Bayern's identity?
Alonso is worse than Schweini and 35 years old
Schweini is a club legend and still 30 years old

Fuck me those pics.

Are there any rumors who Bayern tries to get for the midfield, or will it Pep rely on Mr Injured, Methusalem and the guy who doesn't belong there?

we have a lot of young players who can play there. Just bought a german talent for 7m for his position

Meier

I would not normally stick up for Real Madrid and Florentino (both entities are horribly sleezy), but I'd imagine that this was Casillas' choice. Perez would have just taken attention from who it was supposed to be on.

Least mediocre? You should watch our season review, we weren't mediocre in the slightest, we were easily the best by a long way and we used the least amount of players in the league I think, our problem was that Jose clearly didn't trust anyone outside of a core 13/14 and that didn't help us in the CL either (not that it was the reason we went out). Despite City closing the gap over Christmas there was never any real threat, we scored plenty of goals, defence was in great shape, goalkeepers were good and strikers were clinical, some of the football we played before Christmas was great and when we needed to we changed from stylish to just completely locking teams out with ease, we also kept out all of our "competition" relatively easily just need to draw a bit less.

I said last season before it started that the title would be ours and I was right, United are having a great summer and I think they will be our biggest competition but we have a team that has gelled well together, the core of the team will remain very much the same but we just need better players around the starters which is what they seem to be going for, Falcao is a very good Drogba replacement, we need another CM, another winger, a left back and maybe a centre back with Luis, Cuadrado (probably), Mikel and Salah leaving.

We also have the best manager in the league, I've no idea if we will win the league again but we are definitely the favourites and rightly so, we won it with plenty of games spare and we'll invest this summer.

Also Liverpool arent getting near the top anytime soon, Rodgers won't see out the season unless they have a great start. I don't really want to call the season they finished second a fluke but it seems pretty obvious they just can't keep hold of their best players and keep the rest fit but they've bought well, perhaps they will challenge top 4 but so much competition will make it hard.

I genuinely think Rodgers will need assurances from FSG that they won't sack him in November if we do okay in the home games but badly in the away games. Those first 7 away games are ridiculous.

Its silly to call any league challenge a fluke, over a 38-game season. You can't fluke something that lasts that long. Its just things falling into place.

Fdkn

I just saw some pics from heartbreaking casillas press conference

He was offered a goodbye act with the stadium full of fans and asked to do that instead. It was his choice, because he desperately needs to be seen as a martyr.

Good riddance, he should've left 3 years ago.

DBT85

I genuinely think Rodgers will need assurances from FSG that they won't sack him in November if we do okay in the home games but badly in the away games. Those first 7 away games are ridiculous.

Its silly to call any league challenge a fluke, over a 38-game season. You can't fluke something that lasts that long. Its just things falling into place.

Yeh it wasn't a fluke. No CL, Suarez in the form of his life and a not yet dead Sturridge is what got you there and what fucked you over last year.

Regginator

Schweinsteiger leaves.
Gerrard leaves.
Casillas leaves.
Pirlo leaves.
Xavi leaves.
Lampard leaves.

Shit wasn't the same any more for me since Raul left.

It seems Totti is the only big one that's still rocking it at Roma.

Thats what I was trying to say even if I did it poorly, it wasn't a fluke but it wasn't something you could maintain and I think that for now you are not a team that is fighting at the top which is what the post I was replying to suggested.

Im sure the time will come when you are back at the top and competing for those places on a regular basis but given that key players have been sold for big money a few times (Torres -> Suarez -> Sterling) and each time your team has gotten weaker because the funds weren't invested that well and you are in another situation where you need to get a lot of new players fitting together properly which takes time, you won't be there this season (but you have bought better this time)

Then if Rodgers goes that changes things again, new manager, new philosophies etc, its like a terrible boom bust cycle, we went through it somewhat in a slightly different way before Jose came back the only exception somewhat was Carlo winning the title and RDM rallying the troops after that clown AVB was sacked.

Thats what I was trying to say even if I did it poorly, it wasn't a fluke but it wasn't something you couldn't maintain and I think that for now you are not a team that is fighting at the top which is what the post I was replying to suggested.

Im sure the time will come when you are back at the top and competing for those places on a regular basis but given that key players have been sold for big money a few times (Torres -> Suarez -> Sterling) and each time you team has gotten weaker because the funds weren't invested that well and you are in another situation where you need to get a lot of new players fitting together properly which takes time, you won't be there this season (but you have better this time)

Then if Rodgers goes that changes things again, new manager, new philosophies etc, its like a terrible boom bust cycle, we went through it before Jose came back the only exception somewhat was Carlo winning the title and RDM rallying the troops after that clown AVB was sacked.

Selling Torres didn't really weaken us even if we wasted most of the money on Carroll, and I don't think losing Sterling will either tbh, as long as our signings do well, especially Firmino.

I think it'll be ages til we're challenging for the league again (if it ever happens), there are 4 teams in the league who are quite clearly better than us. I'd take 5th and a decent points total at this point tbh, after last season the main thing is that we don't slide further down the table, as that looked like a club in freefall.

The damage done by losing Sterling is the ego hit, and the possibility that he goes on to be brilliant, which would be another kick in the bollocks. Losing the player he is right now isn't disastrous, or at least it shouldn't be.

We'll be fucked for as long as our transfer committe is shit (including Rodgers)

Doing well > Losing the players who got us there > Spending it on shite and one good signing > Doing badly > That one good player develops and leads to you doing well > Losing the players who got us there.....

That is a pattern that we are doomed to repeat, at best, as long as we keep mis-spending our money. We're never going to be a more attractive club than Barca or Madrid for the top players (and right now we're less attractive than 2-dozen other clubs as well), so we need to be better at replacing our best players when they inevitably leave.

bjaelke

FSG really been able to get a lot of money for Suarez, Torres and Sterling - players that all wanted away.

Just a shame they have no clue how to spend it.

---

Jake Cohen ‏@JakeFCohen 13m13 minutes ago
At £49m + 5yr deal at £200k pw, Raheem Sterling wd cost Manchester City £20.2m py. 2nd most-expensive player in PL behind Di Maria (£22.3m).

Could probably be worth it if he's able to put last season behind and get back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom