• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitewulf

CJdwTzKVEAADrjc.jpg
that's atrocious! i hope that's not you.
cant believe they sold Schweinsteger to United! grrrr

i hope we do some more business, Cech is a great signing but every team is improving significantly.

P44

49m is excellent for a player who didn't really impress as hoped last season.

I mean I just don't see the 49m. His game has to develop a lot to be worth 50 million in five years, let alone now. Not saying he's shit, but fuck me, Sanchez was 35 million and he's in his prime. And far better as a player. It's just too speculative a buy for me.

Won't be easy either. He's not talismanic at city, he starts playing shit a few games in a row, Pellegrino is going to be under a helluva lot of pressure to drop him from the lineup because Man City has the forwards depth to do that. He cannot do what he did this season at all.

i don't know why perez wants to buy him right now, just get him next summer on free transfer

I don't actually know what I would prefer? I hate seeing players walk for free, but one more season? I dunno!

Di Maria to PSG rumours doing the rounds again.

DBT85

Well he seems to have learnt from his prior mistakes, because Man United are doing some serious business. The Darmian and Schweinsteiger deals are really excellent.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the biggest change being the manager. Playing for Frog was an automatic yes. As it is for Gaal, Mourinho, etc. Moyzeus? Nah.

We were awful in the summer after Frog and Gill left. Diabolical.

Pretty Happy this summer so far

Depay - 31 million
Darmian - 13 million
Bastian - rumored to be around 14 million
Schneiderlin - 25 million

I would have preferred a striker that is first choice over Rooney too, but I can deal with Rooney I guess.

Now really need to finish this with a new CB that can lead the back line AND keeping DDG.

I wonder how the wage bill looks like now though.

I gotta say I'm a little concerned about Chelsea's lack of transfer buzz. We've lost Cech and Drogba and have replaced them with Begovic and Falcao. That's not awful, but it doesn't feel like we've actually strengthened.

We absolutely need another defender, we can't rely on Terry being in God Mode forever. Just some general depth would be nice too.

I dunno, maybe I'm worrying too much
much. Maybe this is a good sign for the youth lol

The only thing you should be worried about is how to stop Fabregas from becoming dead come January.

Moobabe

I gotta say I'm a little concerned about Chelsea's lack of transfer buzz. We've lost Cech and Drogba and have replaced them with Begovic and Falcao. That's not awful, but it doesn't feel like we've actually strengthened.

We absolutely need another defender, we can't rely on Terry being in God Mode forever. Just some general depth would be nice too.

I dunno, maybe I'm worrying too much
much. Maybe this is a good sign for the youth lol

Well last night Sky were reporting than Mourinho blocked Mikel leaving for £11m...

I think Begovic is a good signing but I think we need to identify weak areas in the side - though I'm not sure we can afford to blow money like City and United are with FFP around.

Zouma will play more games this year, the lad from Ausburg (if we get him) will provide cover at LB as well.

Midfield would be my concern - especially the Matic/Fabregas partnership. If we lost one or both we're looking at Ramires/Mikel/Loftus-Cheek - we need a creative option in there.

Pedro would be a good buy too - providing cover across the 3 positions behind the striker.

We need some depth though, you're right

I mean I just don't see the 49m. His game has to develop a lot to be worth 50 million in five years, let alone now. Not saying he's shit, but fuck me, Sanchez was 35 million and he's in his prime. And far better as a player. It's just too speculative a buy for me.

Won't be easy either. He's not talismanic at city, he starts playing shit a few games in a row, Pellegrino is going to be under a helluva lot of pressure to drop him from the lineup because Man City has the forwards depth to do that. He cannot do what he did this season at all.

I agree. Sterling is a fine player, and I hope for the national team's sake he continues to develop his game. But this past season was an opportunity for him to step up and cement himself as an elite player in the PL. Maybe that was too much expectation given his age and experience, but then it's exactly those expectations that he was leveraging in his contract talks.

Now Liverpool needs a deep lying midfielder to protect the ultra-average Lovren and Skrtel.

And a proven (and durable) striker.

And possibly a new manager come Christmas.

DBT85

Fuck me our midfield is ridiculous!

Pereira
Januzaj
Powell
Lingard
Blind
Schneiderlin
Herrera
Mata
Fellaini
Schweinsteiger
Carrick
Depay
Di Maria
Valencia
Young

I can't see Powell getting much time, Pereira, Januzaj and Lingard might get a bit more. I guess all 4 are going to be in the League up team.

Valencia I'll be surprised if he's still there come the start of next season, who knows how Young will play with Shaw and Blind competing for the left back spot and Depay for the left wing.

I look at that midfield and I do wonder if they'll sign a striker or just not bother and trust in a Rooney or Wilson up top with Mata, Depay, Di Maria or Prospect supporting.

Hopefully a Schweinerlin partnership strikes up in the centre.

Jack cw

Pepern don't need Schweiny to walk all over the Bundeslolga and get spanked in the Champions League semis again. This will be his last year at Bayern.
German media already started doubting his way at Bayern but in the end he will get either sacked or leave after his contract expires next year making way for Klopp, Ancelotti or Favre. The only way to save the Guardiola era is to at least reach the CL final this year.

I hope he extends though. Nobody is suited better to restructure that squad.

Pranay

He was offered a goodbye act with the stadium full of fans and asked to do that instead. It was his choice, because he desperately needs to be seen as a martyr.

Good riddance, he should've left 3 years ago

WTF am I reading ?

SMH

He is a legend for the club. He was the only player who kept madrid heads high during the the previous decade consistently/

Tubie

WTF am I reading ?

SMH

He is a legend for the club. He was the only player who kept madrid heads high during the the previous decade consistently/

Players decline, some faster than others, it's natural. Iker should've left 2-3 years ago. This inability to let go of players that are past their prime by some Madrid supporters is crazy to me. Same thing happened with Raul, a lot of people didn't want him to go because of the past, regardless of how bad his present form was.

Let's also not act like Casillas has always been a saint, it's no secret that he was leaking shit to the press since 2010.

Pranay

Players decline, some faster than others, it's natural. Iker should've left 2-3 years ago. This inability to let go of players that are past their prime by some Madrid supporters is crazy to me. Same thing happened with Raul, a lot of people didn't want him to go because of the past, regardless of how bad his present form was.

Let's also not act like Casillas has always been a saint, it's no secret that he was leaking shit to the press since 2010.

Fair Enough, He has gone now.

But I would rather remember the great times he spent for us rather then his worst time.

Thank him for the 25 years he gave to the club rather then then curse him for the last 2/3 years/

He is a legend and he deserves it from all the madrid fans.

so what is this Reus to LFC for £46m rumors I hear? hmm, sceptic...

HIGHLY doubt that there would be any sort of possibility of him leaving this Summer after just signing that new big contract. Although, from Borussia's perspective, they could've done that solely to get rid of his extremely low £20mil release clause.

I do believe they'll hang on to him for another year. If they don't challenge for the title or the EL, I see him leaving in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom