• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

Casillas was alone in that conference by choice.

The club wanted to give him a big farewell in the stadium but he refused.

Ally1987

Have to admit I'm still a bit sad, even though he has been a dickhead. Hope we get a topclass striker in now.

e; talking about sterling

Have to admit I'm still a bit sad, even though he has been a dickhead. Hope we get a topclass striker in now.

e; talking about sterling

Yeah

He was supposed to be our future icon now that Suarez and Gerrard have gone. I even christened him Raheezus :(

I hope for his sake he doesn't let his twattishness spill over into his career, or he won't become half the player he should.

Yeah

He was supposed to be our future icon now that Suarez and Gerrard have gone. I even christened him Raheezus :(

I hope for his sake he doesn't let his twattishness spill over into his career, or he won't become half the player he should.

It just sucks really. Loved the kid, the world cup phantom goal was electric, now all we have to remember him by is a whiny transfer saga.

I wish him the best for England's sake. I hope he sacks that arsehole Ward and in a couple years, maybe expresses some regret. We loved you Raheem.

Sappy shit aside this means a payday! I for one welcome a squad featuring both Balotekkers and Bentekkers. We'll be unstoppable.

Only kidding we'll shit the bed and Sturridge will remain a corpse. YNWA

TrueBlue

I gotta say I'm a little concerned about Chelsea's lack of transfer buzz. We've lost Cech and Drogba and have replaced them with Begovic and Falcao. That's not awful, but it doesn't feel like we've actually strengthened.

We absolutely need another defender, we can't rely on Terry being in God Mode forever. Just some general depth would be nice too.

I dunno, maybe I'm worrying too much
much. Maybe this is a good sign for the youth lol

It just sucks really. Loved the kid, the world cup phantom goal was electric, now all we have to remember him by is a whiny transfer saga.

I wish him the best for England's sake. I hope he sacks that arsehole Ward and in a couple years, maybe expresses some regret. We loved you Raheem.

Sappy shit aside this means a payday! I for one welcome a squad featuring both Balotekkers and Bentekkers. We'll be unstoppable.

It'd be so much more simple if Sturridge wasn't broken

Just look at that West Ham goal last year, took him 4 minutes to embarass our other strikers with a display of ability and confidence that they're simply incapable of

RiggyRob

His agent has managed to get him a £200,000 a week deal at the age of 20. There's no way Sterling's getting rid of him.

I gotta say I'm a little concerned about Chelsea's lack of transfer buzz. We've lost Cech and Drogba and have replaced them with Begovic and Falcao. That's not awful, but it doesn't feel like we've actually strengthened.

We absolutely need another defender, we can't rely on Terry being in God Mode forever. Just some general depth would be nice too.

I dunno, maybe I'm worrying too much
much. Maybe this is a good sign for the youth lol

If Jose can get Falcao going it will be a great signing for a second choice striker, Drogba scored some vital goals last season but definitely showed his age at times

We have Zouma for the defence, we need a new LB to replace Filipe Luis who wants to go back to Atletico and Ivanovic can cover CB too. We are rumoured to have made a bid for Pedro and also interested in Rahman (LB) and Charles Aranguiz to beef up the central midfield options.

Wouldn't expect much else to be honest but I agree they need to get a move on. Begovic will be confirmed tomorrow I suspect, Jose only got back to work last Tuesday so that might speed things up

EmiPrime

£49m is obscene for a player with no accomplishments and little experience.

City with the deep pockets and that "home-grown" rule...

bjaelke

QPR pocketing £9.8m due to sell-on clause
LLShC.gif
I'd have no issues with it if it was another club...

jtb

Banned
QPR pocketing £9.8m due to sell-on clause
LLShC.gif
I'd have no issues with it if it was another club...

Good lord.

I don't get what City has in this at all. Spending money for the sake of spending money on their way to second place and an early CL exist again, I guess.

Meier

This £200k per week thing makes me crack up. Silva makes £140k per week. Aguero doesn't even make more than £200k. Sterling's wage is probably going to be in the £125-140k range.

This £200k per week thing makes me crack up. Silva makes £140k per week. Aguero doesn't even make more than £200k. Sterling's wage is probably going to be in the £125-140k range.

Weren't they all given contracts that were heavily incentive based to help get round certain FFP clauses in wages?

With the way FFP has changed in recent months, perhaps they decided to just give Raheem the money

Tenebrous

You won't be saying that when we sign Benteke. Hopefully United buy him instead.

£32.5m for a 24 year old 1 in 2 striker who scored 59% of his goals from outside the box under Paul "8-1-1" Lambert? The same Benteke that's a nightmare to defend when it comes to set pieces, and has a decent turn of pace on him?

Benteke
Lallana Coutinho Firminho

Is a lot more balanced and impressive than anything we fielded last season in terms of our forwards.

bjaelke

Deluded Brendan ‏@DeludedBrendan
Hey @SouthamptonFC. Follow back?

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC
@DeludedBrendan Blocked.

Twitter just peaked. All downhill from here.

Meier

Weren't they all given contracts that were heavily incentive based to help get round certain FFP clauses in wages?

With the way FFP has changed in recent months, perhaps they decided to just give Raheem the money

Every player in football gets significant bonuses based on how well they play. City's situation is no different. The reality is that it's just a completely made up figure.

£32.5m for a 24 year old 1 in 2 striker who scored 59% of his goals from outside the box under Paul "8-1-1" Lambert? The same Benteke that's a nightmare to defend when it comes to set pieces, and has a decent turn of pace on him?

Benteke
Lallana Coutinho Firminho

Is a lot more balanced and impressive than anything we fielded last season in terms of our forwards.

But he thrives off balls whipped high into the box. Which we hardly ever do. Look at what happened with Carroll. I think he has his moments but I don't think you could say he's a clinical finisher and for £32 million it's way too much.

Tenebrous

But he thrives off balls whipped into the box. Which we hardly ever do. Look at what happened with Carroll. I think he has his moments but I don't think you could say he's a clinical finisher and for £32 million it's way too much.

He's got countless times more talent that Carroll. You don't score 6 out of every 10 goals from outside the box if you're just a targetman from set pieces.

I'd prefer Lacazette, but we have to be realistic.

If we have to pay 32m to have Benteke leading the line instead of Ings, fucking go for it

And I like Ings more than most

The way I see it, I'd be delighted to sign him for 20m normally, and right now it's imperative that we get a good striker in since 3 of our current ones aren't up to it. Well just have to trust that the staff have a number of plans to prevent him from looking out of place.

Whether they deserve that trust is another matter

RiggyRob

Every player in football gets significant bonuses based on how well they play. City's situation is no different. The reality is that it's just a completely made up figure.

True, but the point is that it's both a level or two above the £100,000 a week that Liverpool offered and more than he 'deserves' considering his accomplishments so far.

Not that anyone begrudges him the money, he is currently the best English attacking player. Liverpool do a good job of getting excellent prices for their players.

Man, Genk pumped out a couple of high quality Belgians just a few years ago with Courtois, De Bruyne and Benteke. Pretty crazy they got a total of around 20mil Pounds out of all 3, when there are talks of Benteke going for more than 30mil and De Bruyne around 50mil. Goodness know how much Courtois would be worth now.

In the mean time, Genk is stuck at the bottom of the left table in Belgium.

Man, Genk pumped out a couple of high quality Belgians just a few years ago with Courtois, De Bruyne and Benteke. Pretty crazy they got a total of around 20mil Pounds out of all 3, when there are talks of Benteke going for more than 30mil and De Bruyne around 50mil. Goodness know how much Courtois would be worth now.

Apparently we had first option on them at the time

Lolerpool indeed

Real supposedly asked about him and we said we might consider £73m (I assume thats €100m or close to it) so thats a pretty good indication of what we would want!

Apparently we had first option on them at the time

Lolerpool indeed

I remember the talks about De Bruyne possibly going to Liverpool really well. I think he said he was a Liverpool fan as well back in the day, or something like that.
Still don't think his game translates too well to the Premier League tho, the Bundesliga is a perfect fit for him.

Real supposedly asked about him and we said we might consider £73m (I assume thats €100m or close to it) so thats a pretty good indication of what we would want!

They're crazy enough to pay that for him as well. But Genk FO must be kicking themselves for not hanging on to those guys at least one more year are ask much, much more for them.

raven777

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 41m41 minutes ago
Morgan Schneiderlin is currently having a medical at Manchester United. More to follow. #mufc

I assume they will announce him with Schweinsteiger

P44

Best thing about this is no more Rooney in midfield.

Really the best thing for me is that potentially Di Maria is allowed to go ape shit now and lose posession all he likes now there's a midfield competent enough to win the ball back. Di Maria's always been risky so I couldn't see that aspect of his play change.

Good business by United, makes you wonder why they didn't just do this sort of things before. Be interesting to see what happens with De Gea and Di Maria too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom