• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fdkn

Fair Enough, He has gone now.

But I would rather remember the great times he spent for us rather then his worst time.

Thank him for the 25 years he gave to the club rather then then curse him for the last 2/3 years/

He is a legend and he deserves it from all the madrid fans.

I remember his ~ten good seasons, he was the best.

I also remember all the things he's done in the last three years, not only talking about his terrible performance on the pit but everything else. You reap what you sow etc.

I mean no disrespect but I doubt you've been getting the full picture about this whole drama living outside of Spain.

The Champions League
qualifying
really gets going tomorrow with the 2nd qualifying round.

I was looking at some betting odds and was a bit stunned to see Steaua at around 2.4 or 6/4 at Trencin.

so what is this Reus to LFC for £46m rumors I hear? hmm, sceptic...

o5Mxc8P.gif

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
the Premier League is insane. way too much money floating around.

next year that new tv deal kicks in so even the bottom teams are going to be buying £30m+ players.

Tenebrous

I wouldn't want us to pay that for Reus, to be honest. A very good player, but with his injury record? We can't afford another £100k+ p/w striker injured for large periods of a season.

Skii

so what is this Reus to LFC for £46m rumors I hear? hmm, sceptic...

There is absolutely no way Liverpool will sign Reus. That's how much he should go for but he'd move to a team in the Champions League.

the Premier League is insane. way too much money floating around.

next year that new tv deal kicks in so even the bottom teams are going to be buying £30m+ players.

How many times has one of the bottom teams spent more than £15m? They will have a lot of money but they won't be able to attract the players that cost £30m+.

Ugh I wanted Sterling to be done by today dammit. It need to be over so we can enjoy watching him struggle at city. Though with our luck this'll be when he hits an eternal patch of great form.

Has there been any interest for Hazard from big clubs? Seems strange to have so much attention lavished upon Pogba and Sterling from big European and domestic clubs when an arguably superior playmaker like him is left out of the picture. Thought he would have been a prime target for Bayern, Barca and Madrid.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Has there been any interest for Hazard from big clubs? Seems strange to have so much attention lavished upon Pogba and Sterling from big European and domestic clubs when an arguably superior playmaker like him is left out of the picture. Thought he would have been a prime target for Bayern, Barca and Madrid.

he signed a 5 year contract this year. Even if Chelsea wanted to sell him it would cost a ridiculous amount.

also, why would he want to leave? he seems happy enough at Chelsea and they just won the legaue.

Sterling could certainly ascend to the next level of quality. It's very likely. However, it's about equally as likely that he gets a couple of injuries, loses a bit of the edge of his raw pace, and then declines into Aaron Lennon territory because he's not the type of player who'd be able to adapt to the loss of his pace.

Shrug, it's an expensive gamble, but City can afford it, so ??

Incidentally, anyone noticed how much slower Messi is these days than that 09-11 era? It's huge, especially his first few yards. I only really realised because I was watching old compilations of his goals/assists..

Edit: Prising Hazard away from Chelsea would require an excruciating amount of money. Madrid have hamez in his position, and Barca wouldn't be able to fit him in either.

Well if Sterling set the market for the 'big splashes' with almost £50m, I don't even wanna know Hazard's base price this Summer.

There were some very premature rumors of Real being interested in him about a month ago, but it all has seemed to die down.

Apparently Robben called Sneijder asking about life in Instanbul and what he thinks of playing for Gala. Sneijder was full of praise about his club, which possibly could open some doors for Robben to Galatasaray.

El Topo

Apparently Robben called Sneijder asking about life in Instanbul and what he thinks of playing for Gala. Sneijder was full of praise about his club, which possibly could open some doors for Robben to Galatasaray.

Robben's career isn't nearly as dead as Sneijder's though. Robben had a rough season due to injuries, but he's still world class. No reason to go to Turkey.

Meier

Sterling being English is tacking on basically £20m or so to his fee. With that being said, it'd almost certainly require a world record fee to get Hazard.

Lupercal

Banned
Well if Sterling set the market for the 'big splashes' with almost £50m, I don't even wanna know Hazard's base price this Summer.

There were some very premature rumors of Real being interested in him about a month ago, but it all has seemed to die down.

Didn't Mourinho say something in the lines of 75 mil £ per leg? Could become true if Sterling manages 50 mil £.

Robben's career isn't nearly as dead as Sneijder's though. Robben had a rough season due to injuries, but he's still world class. No reason to go to Turkey.

I think he'd be too expensive for them anyway, unless he really wants to go there, which, like you said, seems highly unlikely.

Didn't Mourinho say something in the lines of 75 mil £ per leg? Could become true if Sterling manages 50 mil £.

Even more:
"If Real Madrid want him, I think I would be the first one to know, but if they do it would be £100m for each leg."

Messi

Am I right to believe that Suarez made Sterling and to a lesser extent Sturridge look way better in his final season?

bjaelke

Am I right to believe that Suarez made Sterling and to a lesser extent Sturridge look way better in his final season?
Sterling deserves a lot of credit for that season as well. In terms of assists, yes Suarez made Sterling look better. Suarez to Sterling was the most frequent combination in the 13/14 season with a total of 6 goals.

Impossible to say about Sturridge since he's been out injured almost the entire season. Speaking off, first pre-season game in less than 30 minutes.

I could see Real trying to sign him because Rafa wants to fuck with us but I don't think he will leave for a few seasons yet anyway. Depends on CL success over next 1/2 years. He'll go to Real eventually I suspect and it will destroy the Bale transfer record but won't for be for a while.

Perhaps Rafa will try and sign JT.

Meier

World class players always make their teammates look better.. there's only so much the defense can do to keep them in check. Sterling will have Silva and Aguero though who are at a minimum, on par with Suarez and Sturridge so if he needs some other big names to help him shine, then he'll still be okay at City.

Meier

Looks like Raf is off...

Pereira is quoted as telling Tuttomercat: "His contract expires in June 2016 and the coach, Van Gaal, said he isn't counting on him, so the player wants to leave and we are talking with more than one club about this.

Roma most likely.

Whoever is in charge of Liverpool signings needs to be sacked..

This window is their last chance I assume. They've done well so far in theory, remains to be seen how well the signings do though. And the most important signing is probably the next one, a striker for the first 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom