• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

He'll flourish running free next to this man

tumblr_nhf80gbDjc1qd01a8o1_500.jpg

El Mago. <3 I am salivating thinking about it. It's gonna be a lot of fun.. especially if we get KDB as well. Aguero in front of KDB, Silva and Sterling would be unreal.

Otamendi reaaaaally wants out of Valencia. He put up his home and car for sale, however Valencia doesn't wanna lose him. His release clause is about €50m/£36m.

Stulaw

jenkinsonsigning726.jpg

Well, that was a forgone conclusion, now we need to focus on getting a striker, we're being linked with Austin, Hernandez and Gervinho at the moment. Also, I don't know if the Song deal will go through since he's injured and I don't know how long he'll be out with the new season less than a month away.

Kickz

This window is their last chance I assume. They've done well so far in theory, remains to be seen how well the signings do though. And the most important signing is probably the next one, a striker for the first 11.

In theory what? Most signings have been overpriced trash over the last few years

In theory what? Most signings have been overpriced trash over the last few years
This window.

Clyne makes complete sense for a good price
Milner is better than Gerrard, and can slot into the attacking unit as well
Firmino is apparently boss
Ings is much better than any of the strikers we had available last year
Bogdan is better than Jones by default

Even with the loss of Sterling, that's a theoretically good window. I'm not saying the committee deserved to be given this window given their record, but they've done okay this summer.

In theory.

la_briola

[...]How many times has one of the bottom teams spent more than £15m? They will have a lot of money but they won't be able to attract the players that cost £30m+.

That's just as insane, tbh.
A mid-table team in the Bundesliga pays maybe 2~3 million euro MAX for a player. I guess its the same in Spain?!

These BPL TV deals are great, though.

Seifet must be kicking his own butt for not having dealt those Bundesliga TV right tighter. Swansea are currently richer than Leverkusen.

Jarnet87

Can never go wrong signing someone like Milner, good chance he'll be the best signing of the window for Liverpool. I remember some people scoffing at the fee City paid for him when he was at Villa, ended up being one of their better players especially at the later end of his run there.

El Topo

Seifet must be kicking his own butt for not having dealt those Bundesliga TV right tighter. Swansea are currently richer than Leverkusen.

You can't compete with bullshit marketing of EPL and the language barrier. Also I don't think we should sell everything that makes Bundesliga great just for more money.

El Topo

Easy to say as a Bayern fan innit

True. That said, I wouldn't mind if Bayern gave away money to the poorer clubs of Bundesliga. So what if we can't always compete in Champions League? So we can't spend 50m on a player this season? So what?
I'd rather be able to enjoy football as it is now, with most matches on Saturday at 3:30pm, instead of some weird stretched out schedule with matches on Monday. I'd rather have a more exciting Bundesliga season.

Not going to happen of course. It's all about the fucking money.

True. That said, I wouldn't mind if Bayern gave away money to the poorer clubs of Bundesliga. So what if we can't always compete in Champions League? So we can't spend 50m on a player this season? So what?

I'd rather be able to enjoy football as it is now, with most matches on Saturday at 3:30pm, instead of some weird stretched out schedule with matches on Monday.

Its a weird one. Its nice to have so much live football to watch, but Monday matches are a pain in the arse for me personally, and a kick in the bollocks for matchgoing fans, especially as they seem to give fuck all care to trying to lessen travel distance on weekday matches.

I'd personally dispense with Monday Night Football unless necessary because of rescheduling bought about by weather, fixture congestion due to other competitions, things like that.

I don't think the format needs a live game to work, it could just as easily work as a highlight show, maybe even better as they'd have longer to talk about the biggest things instead of having to shoehorn in deep analysis of the live game.

Tubie

I like where La Liga is right now when it comes to the race for the title.

This coming season should be even better since I expect Valencia to get even stronger because of their new rich owner.

TV rights/money don't make a good/interesting league at all or the EPL would've been dominating the CL/Europa for the past decade. Smaller English clubs having more money will simply inflate the market, it won't directly mean the smaller teams will get better.

I guess now Sterling is at City I have a new reason to complain about how he got a massive wage boost, signing on fee etc and yet he still has stupid hair.

I think Lallana is great, so is Markovic but they had an injury riddled season. Not to mention, Markovic was stuck playing in a position he wasn't familiar with as a wingback. I'm pretty positive about the club getting top 5 but top 4 if we can make one world class signing. We really need it. Question is where? Reus is a winger or attacking midfielder and we have too many of them already. Also which world class striker would even want to join us?

Please no Benteke however. It's going to be pretty hard to lure quality players if they are already in the Champions League unless they are young talent.

Best wishes.

What on earth is going on with the keepers at United? Rumour is Valdes in now looking for another club.

Go on Jones put some gloves on lad :D

Di Maria stories are not going away either.

Unkle

What on earth is going on with the keepers at United? Rumour is Valdes in now looking for another club.

Go on Jones put some gloves on lad :D

Di Maria stories are not going away either.

King Ed is being firm (a welcome change) with Real Madrid about De Gea which means Valdes won't get a look in. Di Marzio's saying that we're in talks with Romero as a number two, so if that's true it looks as if Valdes might move on.

Skii

This window.

Clyne makes complete sense for a good price
Milner is better than Gerrard, and can slot into the attacking unit as well
Firmino is apparently boss
Ings is much better than any of the strikers we had available last year
Bogdan is better than Jones by default

Even with the loss of Sterling, that's a theoretically good window. I'm not saying the committee deserved to be given this window given their record, but they've done okay this summer.

In theory.

How is this theoretically a good window if you lose your best player? You won't replace him with similar quality so this is an absolutely awful window.

Also, you are overrating a lot of your signings. Rodgers doesn't understand that to improve his team, he needs to make signings for the first XI and relegate current starters to the bench. It is absolutely wrong to sign players to be back ups as it will not improve Liverpool in the long run. The only signing I'd class as "good" is Firmino. The rest are average or poor signings imo.

That's just as insane, tbh.
A mid-table team in the Bundesliga pays maybe 2~3 million euro MAX for a player. I guess its the same in Spain?!

These BPL TV deals are great, though.

It is definitely insane. As an Arsenal fan, only a couple of seasons ago, our record signing was Arshavin at £15m. The inflation of transfer fees and wages in the PL has been astronomical.

£49m for Sterling pretty much sums up how stupid its become. He's not worth more than £25m if he's German.

How is this theoretically a good window if you lose your best player? You won't replace him with similar quality so this is an absolutely awful window.

Also, you are overrating a lot of your signings. Rodgers doesn't understand that to improve his team, he needs to make signings for the first XI and relegate current starters to the bench. It is absolutely wrong to sign players to be back ups as it will not improve Liverpool in the long run. The only signing I'd class as "good" is Firmino. The rest are average or poor signings imo.

Sterling definitely wasn't our best player last season.

Regarding the new signings, you may have a point with Bogdan and Ings but Clyne was arguably the best right back in the PL last season and an area where we've lacked stability for far too long. I can't see how Milner's a bad signing either, he'll offer much needed experience in the absence of Stevie and it's clear Man City weren't all that keen on letting him go. He's been underrated for a long time.

Stacey

Banned
£48.000.000 for a lad that scores less goals than Mame Biram Diouf.

Bahahahahahahahahahaha, Mr Rodgers you bloody con artist.

"I'm just glad it's all over and done with and I can't wait," Sterling said.
"The more quality players around you, the more quality it brings out in you."

I bet the Liverpool players are glad he's gone. Seems like such an arrogant little arsehole.

Gio Dos Santos has signed for LA Galaxy??? The hell is this??? He is, and this may just be my Ipswich biased view, brilliant! Better than the MLS. What's he doing?

neoanarch

I bet the Liverpool players are glad he's gone. Seems like such an arrogant little arsehole.

Gio Dos Santos has signed for LA Galaxy??? The hell is this??? He is, and this may just be my Ipswich biased view, brilliant! Better than the MLS. What's he doing?
9 million a year is honestly really hard to turn down.

Skii

Sterling definitely wasn't our best player last season.

Regarding the new signings, you may have a point with Bogdan and Ings but Clyne was arguably the best right back in the PL last season and an area where we've lacked stability for far too long. I can't see how Milner's a bad signing either, he'll offer much needed experience in the absence of Stevie and it's clear Man City weren't all that keen on letting him go. He's been underrated for a long time.

One average season playing RWB for that dimwit Rodgers hardly defines how good he is. He is certainly Liverpool's best player. That is a fact. Would any of your current players command such a high fee? Of course not. They are all largely average aside from Firmino and Sturridge.

Clyne wasn't the best RB in the league last season haha. He was good for the first half but was pretty meh for the second half. United have bought Darmian who is far better. Even Arsenal have a better RB in Bellerin. City and Chelsea undeniably have better RBs.

Man City didn't want him going as he's homegrown and a great utility player. He's not someone who's going to start games for a top team. He doesn't have the ability. He left City because he wouldn't get enough game time.

RagingPhoenix

Neo Member

Eh? You forget a certain Roberto Firmino?
We've already replaced him with an excellent player who has much better end product.

Also Sterling only played well in the first half of last season & Cou overshadowed him once he regained his form. He's a good young player with potential to be world class, but Studge is still our best player, injured he may be.

One average season playing RWB for that dimwit Rodgers hardly defines how good he is. He is certainly Liverpool's best player. That is a fact. Would any of your current players command such a high fee? Of course not. They are all largely average aside from Firmino and Sturridge.

Clyne wasn't the best RB in the league last season haha. He was good for the first half but was pretty meh for the second half. United have bought Darmian who is far better. Even Arsenal have a better RB in Bellerin. City and Chelsea undeniably have better RBs.

Man City didn't want him going as he's homegrown and a great utility player. He's not someone who's going to start games for a top team. He doesn't have the ability. He left City because he wouldn't get enough game time.

Just because you declare something as a fact doesn't make it one I'm afraid. Ivanovic is the only one I'd say was on the same level. And Darmian who hasn't played one PL game is already a better RB in the PL than Clyne? Mm OK.

And Milner's a great utility player? Kind of proves my point. He'll strengthen our midfield.

I don't know an awful lot about Firmino so I'll reserve judgement until the season's finished.

Skii

Eh? You forget a certain Roberto Firmino?
We've already replaced him with an excellent player who has much better end product.

Also Sterling only played well in the first half of last season & Cou overshadowed him once he regained his form. He's a good young player with potential to be world class, but Studge is still our best player, injured he may be.

Firmino isn't similar to Sterling...

"A good young player" lol. Last summer, most Liverpool fans were hailing him as the greatest young player in the world. Sterling is certainly as talented as Sturridge, not as injury prone and has more scope for improvement because of age.

Just because you declare something as a fact doesn't make it one I'm afraid. Ivanovic is the only one I'd say was on the same level. And Darmian who hasn't played one PL game is already a better RB in the PL than Clyne? Mm OK.

And Milner's a great utility player? Kind of proves my point. He'll strengthen our midfield.

I don't know an awful lot about Firmino so I'll reserve judgement until the season's finished.

I declare they are better because I've extensively watched most of those players. You're going to be so disappointed with Clyne. He's decent, that's it.

Ivanovic on the same level? LOL. Zabaleta is a different league to Clyne as well.

Bellerin is certainly better. He struggled with his first few appearances because he's young and inexperienced, hardly a surprise. He's settled now and schooled Liverpool when they came to the Emirates.

Darmian is also certainly better. He's Italy's no.1 RB and has been one of the best performers in Serie A. That's why Man Utd were after him. He's better than Clyne for sure. If Clyne was as good as you say, Man Utd would've got him. He just isn't.

Milner is a utility player. It's not praise. A utility player isn't going to get Liverpool into the top 4. You need players like Gundogan, Schneiderlin etc. to get into the top 4. Not players who'll do a "job" in midfield.

Firmino is a good player. Best player Liverpool have bought. He still isn't comparable to what the rest of the top 4 have in that position though.

la_briola

Firmino is quality.

I'm still amused that City fans (not on GAF) are planing with KDB. He just extended his contract with Golfsburg till 2019.
Maybe they don't realize that VW is one of the richest company on the planet, they have literally no reason to sell. :lol

RagingPhoenix

Neo Member
Firmino isn't similar to Sterling...

"A good young player" lol. Last summer, most Liverpool fans were hailing him as the greatest young player in the world. Sterling is certainly as talented as Sturridge, not as injury prone and has more scope for improvement because of age.

Now you're just being silly.

And yes he's a good young player because he still has a lot to learn and his career could really go down the drain if he thinks he's already 'arrived'.

Meier

Yeah, I'm sure they're glad they lost the best player on their team. Most guys usually are.

Firmino is quality.

I'm still amused that City fans (not on GAF) are planing with KDB. He just extended his contract with Golfsburg till 2019.
Maybe they don't realize that VW is one of the richest company on the planet, they have literally no reason to sell. :lol

Most teams will sell if the player wants to leave and a fair price is offered (as much as £50m is being mentioned). KDB hasn't publicly said anything but his agent has openly suggested that City come for him (PSG are also trying). We'll see how it plays out. The Belgian papers are saying it's a done deal, but they're assuredly getting ahead of themselves.

Yeah, I'm sure they're glad they lost the best player on their team. Most guys usually are.

Most teams will sell if the player wants to leave and a fair price is offered (as much as £50m is being mentioned). KDB hasn't publicly said anything but his agent has openly suggested that City come for him (PSG are also trying). We'll see how it plays out. The Belgian papers are saying it's a done deal, but they're assuredly getting ahead of themselves.

They're not saying anything like that around here. All they're saying is that quite a few European giants are extremely interested and are maybe preparing a big offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom