• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
Christ those Bertrand links have resurfaced
wtzgU.gif

wedward

Like, you are getting upset about an article with a pic of Arsenal players faces on the cast of anchorman.

Take a moment and use your brain.

edit-and here comes the Spurs fan lol

jtb

Banned
jtb, you're killing me.

I don't even know if you're being serious anymore.

It should have been Mata.

Arteta was never supposed to be a DM and it was only after a series of countless terrible decisions (that anyone with half a brain could see coming) that he was pressed into service as this emergency DM and since Wenger is too much of a visionary genius to go out and buy a player who can actually fill that role, there he has remained.

Arteta's done a decent job, helped the club through a disastrous period, etc. and it's not really his fault that he's out of his depth. Still, I can never forgive either Wenger or Arteta for this. It should have been Mata.

Salvadora

The story is bollocks.

Wenger knows Wilshere better than anyone.

Why, after a multi-year search for a DM, would he finally realise that someone in the squad could do the job?

Christ those Bertrand links have resurfaced
wtzgU.gif

£8m+!

If we get £10m, we are the best negotiators ever

KdB - £20m~
Mata - £37m
David Luiz - £50m
Torres - £20m~
Berty - £8m+~

Glorious.

Apparently Mikel is determined to stay at Chelsea to "prove a point", Winston Bogarde mark II coming up :( Cunt

L1NETT

Wilshere won't be able to play DM, don't worry folks. He'll be suspended half the season for a collection of abuse, dreadful tackles and random injuries

SPEND SOME MONEY WENGER

wedward

The story is bollocks.

Wenger knows Wilshere better than anyone.

Why, after a multi-year search for a DM, would he finally realise that someone in the squad could do the job?

It's insane. An article in the Mirror by John fucking Cross and they are jumping off a cliff.

And here we have jtb talking about forgiveness and Wenger again. Give it a rest dude.

Arteta was never supposed to be a DM and it was only after a series of countless terrible decisions (that anyone with half a brain could see coming) that he was pressed into service as this emergency DM and since Wenger is too much of a visionary genius to go out and buy a player who can actually fill that role, there he has remained.

Arteta's done a decent job, helped the club through a disastrous period, etc. and it's not really his fault that he's out of his depth. Still, I can never forgive either Wenger or Arteta for this. It should have been Mata.

Are you saying Mata should have been our DM?

Mikel is very useful in some matches, wouldn't mind him staying. He's a master at time wasting.

We're trying to build a world class squad, he doesn't fit into that.

This is what happens when you offer him a 5 year contract just to show support against Mark Clattenberg.

Idiots

Scum

£8m+!

If we get £10m, we are the best negotiators ever

KdB - £20m~
Mata - £37m
David Luiz - £50m
Torres - £20m~
Berty - £8m+~

Glorious.

Apparently Mikel is determined to stay at Chelsea to "prove a point", Winston Bogarde mark II coming up :( Cunt

Oh, Winston. Four years, wasn't it?

Mikel is very useful in some matches, wouldn't mind him staying. He's a master at time wasting.

How many years left on his contract?

Are you saying Mata should have been our DM?
I think he is. 😞

wedward

Wilshere won't be able to play DM, don't worry folks. He'll be suspended half the season for a collection of abuse, dreadful tackles and random injuries

SPEND SOME MONEY WENGER

Ornstein, who has been 100% on Arsenal transfers says we are in the market for a midfielder.

John Cross says Wenger isn't going to buy a midfielder and instead is going to use Wilshere at DM.

"Wenger is an idiot. Spend some money."

Genius. Only Wenger could think a wimp like Wilshire could play as a DM. He spends most I his time on the floor pretending his ankle's broken.

He is also one of the most fouled players in the league. In his debut season he was the most fouled player that season.

We're trying to build a world class squad, he doesn't fit into that.

I don't really agree. He's very limited in going forward, but he is one of the damn best players out there to slow everything down and calm things. He shouldn't be a starter in most matches, but he's more than fine to have on the bench. We should worry more about utter trash like Moses, Salah and Marin. Hell we got Ramires who seems to fill no role at all in the club anymore, other than "run a lot", the window licker is suspended for 1/4 of the seasons.

Salvadora

Should Mata have been signed? Absolutely.

Was Arteta a mistake? Absolutely not. The man has been a leader in the squad both on and off the pitch. He has held us together when everything looked to be falling apart. In his initial creative role, and later as a DM, he has been excellent. Yes, he has looked out of place in the last season due to age catching up with him, but that blame can be levied at Wenger more so than Arteta.

I can only assume that you are trolling, given the "I can never forgive Arteta" spiel.

We even dicked him about on wages at the last moment and he still came.

Be more respectful of someone who has given so much to the club.

jtb

Banned
Spielberg has been labeled overrated so regularly that he's actually become underrated. He's been making movies at a consistently high level for the past 35+ years now and he doesn't get much for being a pretty versatile director too.

Spielberg has been labeled overrated so regularly that he's actually become underrated. He's been making movies at a consistently high level for the past 35+ years now and he doesn't get much for being a pretty versatile director too.

Eh he has made many good movies, but I feel like most of his newer stuff has been a bit shit. I still do fucking love Saving Private Ryan, with volume turned completely up though.

jtb

Banned
Should Mata have been signed? Absolutely.

Was Arteta a mistake? Absolutely not. The man has been a leader in the squad both on and off the pitch. He has held us together when everything looked to be falling apart. In his initial creative role, and later as a DM, he has been excellent. Yes, he has looked out of place in the last season due to age catching up with him, but that blame can be levied at Wenger more so than Arteta.

I can only assume that you are trolling, given the "I can never forgive Arteta" spiel.

We even dicked him about on wages at the last moment and he still came.

Be more respectful of someone who has given so much to the club.

I was kidding about the never forgiving Arteta part. It's obviously Wenger's fault.

I just don't think it makes much sense to shit on Flamini. Flamini was brought in as a squad, utility player and was used in exactly that role. if we don't get a DM, why blame Flamini lol. it's clearly Wenger's fault, just like everything else that has gone disastrously wrong in the past three years.

omgkitty

He makes movies that aren't straight up trash like Transformer's, so people just automatically say "Oh he's amazing!" He doesn't do anything new. He tells a story and that's it.

jtb

Banned
He makes movies that aren't straight up trash like Transformer's, so people just automatically say "Oh he's amazing!" He doesn't do anything new. He tells a story and that's it.

Telling a story is his job. And he does that job well. How is that a criticism? lol

Eh he has made many good movies, but I feel like most of his newer stuff has been a bit shit. I still do fucking love Saving Private Ryan, with volume turned completely up though.

He's been inconsistent lately, but he's still churning out films. I respect that. Something like War Horse is garbage but Lincoln was pretty good, Munich, War of the Worlds weren't too long ago either.

Liverpool (for some reason, well I know the reason but stupidly) backed him to the high heavens when he did all his stupid shit with biting and racism and all that other stuff, I don't think that would put him off. He'd be a massive fish in a moderately sized pond, perhaps he would like that.

I'd say it proved not to be stupid given the year he had last year. Whether it made a difference or not, our support of him gave us leverage to basically force him to stay and keep him happy. The racism-defense was obviously way too knee-jerk and pathetic, but aside from that I'm delighted in hindsight that we backed him to the hilt. Embarassment is a small price to pay for returning to the CL

Buying Remy (assuming that actually happens, still not confirmed afaik) pretty much puts a nail in any thoughts of us trying to buy Cavani

Mastadon

Banned
Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 2 mins
Confirmed #LFC subs v Roma: Ward, Agger, Henderson, Can, Suso, Coady, Phillips, Robinson, Peterson #lfctour @LFCUSA

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 3 mins
Confirmed #LFC team v Roma: Jones, Kelly, Skrtel, Coates, Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Coutinho, Borini, Lambert, Ibe #lfctour @LFCUSA

LTWheels

@LFC: Confirmed #LFC team v Roma: Jones, Kelly, Skrtel, Coates, Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Coutinho, Borini, Lambert, Ibe #lfctour @LFCUSA

@LFC: Confirmed #LFC subs v Roma: Ward, Agger, Henderson, Can, Suso, Coady, Phillips, Robinson, Peterson #lfctour @LFCUSA

Salvadora

I was kidding about the never forgiving Arteta part. It's obviously Wenger's fault.

I just don't think it makes much sense to shit on Flamini. Flamini was brought in as a squad, utility player and was used in exactly that role. if we don't get a DM, why blame Flamini lol. it's clearly Wenger's fault, just like everything else that has gone disastrously wrong in the past three years.
Come September 3, and we haven't signed a DM, prepare to see a torrent of criticism for not signing one. And even more so when he get trampled again by the bigger sides.

Just as Wenger has been subject to for a long time. He solely gets the blame on this, not Flamini.

omgkitty

Telling a story is his job. And he does that job well. How is that a criticism? lol

He's been inconsistent lately, but he's still churning out films. I respect that. Something like War Horse is garbage but Lincoln was pretty good, Munich, War of the Worlds weren't too long ago either.

I expect something a little more from films. I think you're the same person who said Disney was better than Pixar and Ghibli.

wedward

Come September 3, and we haven't signed a DM, prepare to see a torrent of criticism for not signing one. And even more so when he get trampled again by the bigger sides.

Just as Wenger has been subject to for a long time. He solely gets the blame on this, not Flamini.

DC @DeanLDN22 · 6m
We're deffo working on a holding midfielder, but CB taken priority as Vermaelen has told club he wants to leave. We'll see.

King_Moc

Banned
I'd say it proved not to be stupid given the year he had last year. Whether it made a difference or not, our support of him gave us leverage to basically force him to stay and keep him happy. The racism-defense was obviously way too knee-jerk and pathetic, but aside from that I'm delighted in hindsight that we backed him to the hilt. Embarassment is a small price to pay for returning to the CL

Buying Remy (assuming that actually happens, still not confirmed afaik) pretty much puts a nail in any thoughts of us trying to buy Cavani

That extra £35m from waiting till he'd signed a new contract to sell him is pretty good too.

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 2 mins
Confirmed #LFC subs v Roma: Ward, Agger, Henderson, Can, Suso, Coady, Phillips, Robinson, Peterson #lfctour @LFCUSA

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 3 mins
Confirmed #LFC team v Roma: Jones, Kelly, Skrtel, Coates, Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Coutinho, Borini, Lambert, Ibe #lfctour @LFCUSA

I was thinking of staying up to watch it, but only one new feller in the starting line up, so nah. Not when I'm driving 40 miles at 7am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom