• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
BtQdlLZCcAAEi43.png

Very good image of our first team squad. Forward line and DM are definitely weak CB too. If we can solve two out of those 3 this summer, I'll be happy.

Should make it a venn diagram based on positional versatility m8.

Slizz

No wonder the Marlins and everything they touch sucks. I had an opportunity to see Berba-sex in the flesh tonight in a Monaco friendly, but didn't hear about it till about 3 minutes ago.

omgkitty

BtQdlLZCcAAEi43.png

Very good image of our first team squad. Forward line and DM are definitely weak CB too. If we can solve two out of those 3 this summer, I'll be happy.

Put Gnabry on loan, move Campbell to the right and put Sanchez in the middle and we're still light. Also count that Diaby is an iffy pick for that list.

It's it about the gypsy thing? I don't think he say something terrible or anything worth a ban. He was talking about his own experience, and he even remarked that he met some gypsy who was a decent person.

I don't know why people should be offended when a generalization is totally understandable in this case. Anyone who met a group of gypsys in his life, knows what kind of people they are, sadly. It's not a matter of race, religion or anything is just the way they grow because that's everything they see from their parents and community in general. It's not like they're evil because they are gypsy, they become the way they are because of their life circumstances.

Substitute the word "gypsy" for any other group of people. Now think about how awful what you just wrote sounds.

Close minded and shameful.

Salvadora

Think we could definitely outmuscle both Inter and Roma for Nastasic.

Ideally, we would buy him and keep Vermaelen.

But that would reduce his minutes on the pitch even further so I doubt it would happen.

omgkitty

But that would reduce his minutes on the pitch even further so I doubt it would happen.

I honestly think we just need another pair of CB's who only play together in a perfect world. That way if we need to change up the defense, the other pair plays.

Probably
fuck me I hope
bullshit.

sohois

There's no way Man City are fool enough to sell to a direct rival, even if they did overcome Arsenal easily last year.

Maybe with the FFP issues they need to raise as much money as possible from a sale, but even then I don't see them not accepting lower offers from overseas clubs.

Barzul

Wenger can't believe this will work. Jack is too fragile and hotheaded to play a role like this. I blame this all on Flamini, we should never have signed him. Wenger is probably looking at the numbers and thinking they add up. Next we'll hear that he's going to count on Diaby for the upcoming season.

jtb

Banned
in addition to being made of glass, Jack is also shit

it's an idea so unbelievably stupid I have no doubt Wenger is seriously considering it

pulsemyne

Gylfi. :(

Clutch player, I'm sad to see him go. He'll do really well at Swansea. It's a good deal for all parties though.

TBH we should have bought him before but Rodgers left and everything was up in the air. Spurs then moved in and bought him. Was very good while at swansea.

Salvadora

There's no way Man City are fool enough to sell to a direct rival, even if they did overcome Arsenal easily last year.

Maybe with the FFP issues they need to raise as much money as possible from a sale, but even then I don't see them not accepting lower offers from overseas clubs.
It's a worry, yeah, but I'm thinking that they possibly wouldn't mind as much because:

1. It's not a forced sale.
2. He's a CB.

Wouldn't even be starting for us, either.

But City could possibly use him as a makeweight in the Benatia deal :/

omgkitty

Wenger can't believe this will work. Jack is too fragile and hotheaded to play a role like this. I blame this all on Flamini, we should never have signed him. Wenger is probably looking at the numbers and thinking they add up. Next we'll hear that he's going to count on Diaby for the upcoming season.

Pretty much. While I agree Flamini was better than nothing at the time, he's just a roadblock now. Should have only given him a 1 year contract.

jtb

Banned
Flamini's the road block? no, Arteta is the road block. he's shit, he's done, and he should never have been signed in the first place.

Flamini is a good utility player—when the injury crisis rolls around, Flamini will deputize and he will do a better job than whatever 16 year old kid Wenger wants to call up instead. he came for free anyways, he's on reasonable wages and fills a role we desperately need, how is Flamini suddenly the problem?

Suen

Where is dark prinny? Can someone find an image of Atletico Madrid's squad together with the league trophy? I couldn't find any and would like to update the image in the OP.

Salvadora

Flamini's the road block? no, Arteta is the road block. he's shit, he's done, and he should never have been signed in the first place.

Flamini is a good utility player—when the injury crisis rolls around, Flamini will deputize and he will do a better job than whatever 16 year old kid Wenger wants to call up instead. he came for free anyways, he's on reasonable wages and fills a role we desperately need, how is Flamini suddenly the problem?
jtb, you're killing me.

I don't even know if you're being serious anymore.

Nicktendo86

Watching Jack Whitehall's 'Backchat' and he's interviewing Gary Lineker. Lineker said he pooped himself during a World Cup group stage match vs Ireland.
Yeah thought that was common knowledge? Lineker was at my stag do at Lee Hurst's comedy club, was a really nice bloke and posed for pictures etc.

sohois

It's a worry, yeah, but I'm thinking that they possibly wouldn't mind as much because:

1. It's not a forced sale.
2. He's a CB.

Wouldn't even be starting for us, either.

But City could possibly use him as a makeweight in the Benatia deal :/

The youth would be the big worry for City, I'd imagine. They don't want to run the risk of Nastasic turning into the next big thing for Arsenal. I mean, if push comes to shove I could see City selling someone like Milner to a PL rival, but a player like that is never going to turn into something bigger. With Nastasic not only is there the pain of missing out on a great player (should he become great), but this is exacerbated by a rival getting to take advantage of it.

omgkitty

confused-jaguars-fan.gif

Sometimes I agree with you, and sometimes you just go off the rails.

Scum

rvy 😢😢
WJD 😢😢

Main advice is don't waste mana or her Ult

The Ult is fantastic for ending teamfights, but has a pretty long cooldown unless you buy an Aghanims Sceptre

If there's a teamfight developing, try to keep your distance, peppering enemies with poison arrows, then move in with the Ult and use her teleporting ability to get out of trouble if it goes wrong and you end up under attack

NNNNNEEEEEEERRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDD!!!!!

Barzul

DailyMail are reporting the Wilshere as DM angle too. If the Telegraph and Guardian pick up on it, I'll start to get worried.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone staying up for United? Im thinking of forgoing medical drugs to stay up, its what Gaal would want.

Salvadora

The youth would be the big worry for City, I'd imagine. They don't want to run the risk of Nastasic turning into the next big thing for Arsenal. I mean, if push comes to shove I could see City selling someone like Milner to a PL rival, but a player like that is never going to turn into something bigger. With Nastasic not only is there the pain of missing out on a great player (should he become great), but this is exacerbated by a rival getting to take advantage of it.
Aye, you've got a point.

But perhaps City might see his injury plagued last season as a liability, or indeed, a reason for selling.

And he's only 21. Time enough for him to grow into a great player at Arsenal and transfer back to City. Toddler years in a CBs career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom