• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conspiracy theories about this and the Ukranian flight being the work of Islamists already going strong in the GAF thread.
nt5j5sS.png

Giant picture warning.

http://i.imgur.com/KI06VuI.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Three league titles in a row is amazing though, be proud yourself. Now you just have to ly dow for a while.

It's more than amazing and I AM proud! But this feels like starting over tbh, we were on the verge of completing our team ffs

Jarnet87

Moyes spends all season appealing to Rooney and sticking him in the #10 role to the detriment of the team. Lewis takes one look at Rooney, starts him as a striker in the first preseason game and comes out afterwards and says he is not a 10.

iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Better he gets first team experience and learns the game than just rot in our u-18s or whatever. I think he's the guy that is playing above his age level too (iirc)

Depends if you buy experienced players to cover his position while hes gone, which has been your mode going forward so far, be nice for Chelsea to take a few chances on the young.

Scum

Moyes spends all season appealing to Rooney and sticking him in the #10 role to the detriment of the team. Lewis takes one look at Rooney, starts him as a striker in the first preseason game and comes out afterwards and says he is not a 10.

iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

I never once thought he was. All he did was step on the toes of Mata & Kagawa in that role.

Fintan

Better he gets first team experience and learns the game than just rot in our u-18s or whatever. I think he's the guy that is playing above his age level too (iirc)
I'm not super familiar with our current HomeGrown player quota at the moment, but aren't we going to have to start keeping some of these guys around? For the trained at club bit? Which youth prospects fit that at the moment? Aké?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I never once thought he was. All he did was step on the toes of Mata & Kagawa in that role.

It was incredibly noticeable how much space Mata had now he was set free, it wont be like that in the prem of course against better mids but you can really see the talent he and Herrera have distributing when they are not running over other players.

Jarnet87

yeah, and get in the way of RVP. The only time he looked a half decent attacking midfield/second striker was Chicharito's debut season, and a lot of that was Chicha making the runs and creating space for him.

Lamela did some good finishing last night. I mean, nothing amazing (Townsend's was a corker though) but we've struggled to find someone who can reliably put away good opportunities. If Lamela works out this year, I don't think we really need to worry about any other strikers - between Soldado (who seems to play more like a midfielder anyway), Ade and the Hurricane I think we'll be fine.

L1NETT

I'm not super familiar with our current HomeGrown player quota at the moment, but aren't we going to have to start keeping some of these guys around? For the trained at club bit? Which youth prospects fit that at the moment? Aké?

Quite a few ain't there

Bamford looks set to go, so I guess Chalobah/Solanke/Baker?/Loftus-Cheek(best name in football)/Atsu?/does Kakuta still play there?

There will be loads of people to make up the numbers, but the real talented kids deserve better than to be doing that

I don't even know who West Brom's manager is

Managed Preston and somebody else, wanna say Wednesday but it might have been United. Dunno. Was a coach somewhere, and was a player.

Will be gone and replaced by some new nobody in a matter of months imo

GorillaJu

You know, for all the talk of Spurs being wank after selling Bale, they still finished with only 3 fewer points than the previous season, didn't they? If we finished with 3 fewer points next season I'd consider that a huge success.

To anyone that saw the 2nd half of the Spurs game last night (I went to bed 5 minutes in), how was Ceballos? He looked really good against Seattle, but it sounds like we got a bit fucked in the 2nd half last night.

Depends if you buy experienced players to cover his position while hes gone, which has been your mode going forward so far, be nice for Chelsea to take a few chances on the young.

better just trust the kid and put him on the main team, but that's not our profile =/

We currently have 3 first team players that count as trained in England, one of which is trained at the club too (JT, Cahill, Cesc)

For our CL quota we need 8 trained in the nation, 4 at the club (PL is only the 8) as far as I know, which was backed up by the City restrictions on their CL squad this year. A lot of my points over the last few weeks is that we have literally no other choice but to either buy english trained players or use players trained at the club (between ages 16-21 iirc) as part of our first team, because if we don't we will have to sacrifice at least 3 places in the CL squad (as getting the 4 trained in the country we can just buy) which is just not possible if we want to win things like the PL and the CL, we need a big squad.

Ake, Chalobah, Bamford, Baker, Loftus-Cheek, Colkett, Solanke, Brown, Christensen (Danish guy) and Boga are the ones most highly thought of youngsters at the club (Mirror Football did an article on some of them recently too) and the young lads have been doing very well in the youth tournaments recently too, we seem to actually have some talented boys and they want them to play rather than just sit around.

This is not to say all of them will make it but those are the highly rated ones there ages range from 16 to to 19 or so as well I think.

Personally, i'd love to see Chalobah kept around but it won't happen this season... Bamford might be going on-loan to a PL team (QPR rumour) which would be great for him, he did well in the Championship this season and Jose has been surprised by his progress, supposedly.

In the last few years we've slowly released more of our english players: Cole, Lampard, Turnbull (there was a reason we kept him around and it wasn't his talent) and even going back a bit, Bridge and J Cole, there are probably others.

This is why is I wanted Shaw btw, and also Barkley because we could replace quality with quality that was english - even at the high price, but Shaw went to United so, whatever.

We'll be ok this season, but when Cech and Schwarzer go, expect them to be replaced by an English keeper, this was also partly why we wanted John Ruddy from Norwich last season too. There is a method to the madness

Scum

Lamela did some good finishing last night. I mean, nothing amazing (Townsend's was a corker though) but we've struggled to find someone who can reliably put away good opportunities. If Lamela works out this year, I don't think we really need to worry about any other strikers - between Soldado (who seems to play more like a midfielder anyway), Ade and the Hurricane I think we'll be fine.

Our backline involving Dawson & Fryers will be the death of us. They need to stay on the bench or be sold to Hull or QPR.

You know, for all the talk of Spurs being wank after selling Bale, they still finished with only 3 fewer points than the previous season, didn't they? If we finished with 3 fewer points next season I'd consider that a huge success.

InterTim's Christmas period, innit. I still don't know how we managed that considering how shite we were most of the time.

Our backline involving Dawson & Fryers will be the death of us. They need to stay on the bench or be sold to Hull or QPR.

Yup. Davies, Kaboul, Walker, Verts is our ideal starting 4 I think, though given Kaboul's propensity to just die it'd be nice if we had another spare CB who was half decent.

InterTim's Christmas period, innit. I still don't know how we managed that considering how shite we were most of the time.

It's a genuine mystery. I think we just did a decent job of beating most of the teams below us by a goal or so, and then getting utterly ruined by the top 4 teams.

Go_Ly_Dow

iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

YES MOYES!

Tubie

Suarez will be back for El Clasico. The only way he misses it is if the match gets moved to Saturday that weekend
, which wont happen.

Euro courts could eliminate the ban entirely anyway, and they will look at the case and make a decision by the second week of august. So Suarez might not miss a single game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom