• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suarez will be back for El Clasico. The only way he misses it is if the match gets moved to Saturday that weekend
, which wont happen.

Euro courts could eliminate the ban entirely anyway, and they will look at the case and make a decision by the second week of august. So Suarez might not miss a single game at all.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense would probably extend it, but I doubt that will happen

Suarez will be back for El Clasico. The only way he misses it is if the match gets moved to Saturday that weekend
, which wont happen.

Euro courts could eliminate the ban entirely anyway, and they will look at the case and make a decision by the second week of august. So Suarez might not miss a single game at all.

Christ I hope we were smart enough to have a clause to get more money if that happens

Barzul

DC @DeanLDN22 · 1h
1 potentially 2 more big signings on the way. Will need a bit of patience for 1 of them for sure #afc

As long as it's coming I'll wait. That Wilshere as DM stuff truly had me scared.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BtSE26GCcAAQ_JO.jpg:large

what a mess

5yafk0dfuad.gif

DC @DeanLDN22 · 1h
1 potentially 2 more big signings on the way. Will need a bit of patience for 1 of them for sure #afc

As long as it's coming I'll wait. That Wilshere as DM stuff truly had me scared.

it was from unreliable people.

why would anyone trust ITKs on twitter anyway?

Fintan

We currently have 3 first team players that count as trained in England, one of which is trained at the club too (JT, Cahill, Cesc)

For our CL quota we need 8 trained in the nation, 4 at the club (PL is only the 8) as far as I know, which was backed up by the City restrictions on their CL squad this year. A lot of my points over the last few weeks is that we have literally no other choice but to either buy english trained players or use players trained at the club (between ages 16-21 iirc) as part of our first team, because if we don't we will have to sacrifice at least 3 places in the CL squad (as getting the 4 trained in the country we can just buy) which is just not possible if we want to win things like the PL and the CL, we need a big squad.

Ake, Chalobah, Bamford, Baker, Loftus-Cheek, Colkett, Solanke, Brown, Christensen (Danish guy) and Boga are the ones most highly thought of youngsters at the club (Mirror Football did an article on some of them recently too) and the young lads have been doing very well in the youth tournaments recently too, we seem to actually have some talented boys and they want them to play rather than just sit around.

This is not to say all of them will make it but those are the highly rated ones there ages range from 16 to to 19 or so as well I think.

Personally, i'd love to see Chalobah kept around but it won't happen this season... Bamford might be going on-loan to a PL team (QPR rumour) which would be great for him, he did well in the Championship this season and Jose has been surprised by his progress, supposedly.

In the last few years we've slowly released more of our english players: Cole, Lampard, Turnbull (there was a reason we kept him around and it wasn't his talent) and even going back a bit, Bridge and J Cole, there are probably others.

This is why is I wanted Shaw btw, and also Barkley because we could replace quality with quality that was english - even at the high price, but Shaw went to United so, whatever.

We'll be ok this season, but when Cech and Schwarzer go, expect them to be replaced by an English keeper, this was also partly why we wanted John Ruddy from Norwich last season too. There is a method to the madness
Oh, cool. I'm obviously familiar with a lot of those guys but I wasn't sure who yet fit the trained at club status, especially since we seem to loan out everyone. I would love us to start using more of the youth team, it seems like these restrictions are going to force us to, but it should be a good thing in the long term.

From the bits of Bamford I saw last season, he's already very good. PL loan does seen the way forward. I wish Derby had been promoted, would have been ideal if he could've stayed there.

Kakuta is finished, right?

For what, the bite or the frivolous appeal?

For all of it. Entire thing was a farce and ridiculous. The "apology" afterwards was so fake and its completely obvious because he moved to Barcelona 2 days later.

The biggest problem with the ban was that over a month of it (if not 2?) was over pre-season where he wouldn't be playing anyway, plus the ban he got wasn't sufficient enough to teach him a lesson either, imo.

He should be forced to have counselling and therapy and not be allowed be allowed back until extensive treatment has been completed. Its in his best interests too, if I'm honest. Next time he might not bite someone with such a low temper, then he might not be able to bite again because they will knock his teeth out.

Kakuta is finished, right?

Yeh, contract is up at the end of the season I think, if we can't sell him, i'd guess we will just let his contract expire.

Barzul

it was from unreliable people.

why would anyone trust ITKs on twitter anyway?

Because they've got some stuff right in the past vs. Journo's that just throw everything on the board till something sticks. And guys like Ornstein only comment when stuff is done. We need stuff to muppet over during the interim btw his posts.

Scum

1052514_Manchester_United.jpg

Buy another CB. Put Evans and Smalling on rotation duties.
Bring in a DM to rotate with Carrick. Don't trust Jones as a DM.
Get another CM in (or use Fletcher), so that Kagawa can rotate with Mata.
Squad rotation duties for Welbeck and Chica.

Barzul

I'm actually really glad Van Gaal is in the league, we now how have elite managers in 4 of the 5 big teams and Rodgers will probably be considered one in a few years. 3-5-2 in the Premier League. Exciting times.

Elchele

We're going to sign a GK and nobody else according to Pep

Also he thinks we'll use a 4 man backline once everyone is back from holiday.

YES PLEASE

Tubie

Can you imagine how El Clasico in March goes if both teams are close in points and Suarez has Pepe all over him all match. It's like the 2 biggest cunts in the world together in the worst situation possible.

omgkitty

Because they've got some stuff right in the past vs. Journo's that just throw everything on the board till something sticks. And guys like Ornstein only comment when stuff is done. We need stuff to muppet over during the interim btw his posts.

Plus he's not exactly going out on a limb here. We all know we need 2 more and he's just confirming that. Nothing too crazy.

Barzul

Plus he's not exactly going out on a limb here. We all know we need 2 more and he's just confirming that. Nothing too crazy.

He had actually been down for a couple of days because he hadn't heard much about our targets or any close deals, but he says he got a call from someone and I guess that's why he posted this. Did you see the goal article linking us to Schneiderlin again?

GorillaJu

I don't think Van Gaal's 3-5-2 is going to succeed in the PL. But we'll see. It just hasn't looked good when other teams have used it.

inky

Herrera was pretty good yesterday. Him and Mata linked up well too and brought some unpredictability to the attack. Glad to see he can shoot as well.

He is going to need a competent CM that can tackle a win possession back for him there.

inky

Wow, Javier Aguirre (México) is the new Japan coach. How did that happen.

Ya it's kind of funny. His stints in Spain after Osasuna have been failures, but I guess Japan wanted a coach who could put a team through the group stage at a WC, and he did so twice for Mexico.

omgkitty

He had actually been down for a couple of days because he hadn't heard much about our targets or any close deals, but he says he got a call from someone and I guess that's why he posted this. Did you see the goal article linking us to Schneiderlin again?

I didn't. I try to avoid Goal for the most part. They seem to have a negative view towards Arsenal and they make shit up all the time it seems. Honestly, I'm not so sure on us and Schneiderlin, if only because nothing seems hugely concrete about it. His name pops up every once in a while, but the only CDM I think we've had actual contact with is Khedira and I think the rumors of us bidding for Carvalho were probably also true. I'm afraid the Schneiderlin stuff is him just angling for a move to a CL club so him and his agent are getting stuff put in the papers. Hell, I don't even think the Bender links are true and are just journo's pulling our interest from last year.

Barzul

I didn't. I try to avoid Goal for the most part. They seem to have a negative view towards Arsenal and they make shit up all the time it seems. Honestly, I'm not so sure on us and Schneiderlin, if only because nothing seems hugely concrete about it. His name pops up every once in a while, but the only CDM I think we've had actual contact with is Khedira and I think the rumors of us bidding for Carvalho were probably also true. I'm afraid the Schneiderlin stuff is him just angling for a move to a CL club so him and his agent are getting stuff put in the papers. Hell, I don't even think the Bender links are true and are just journo's pulling our interest from last year.

I think the Schneiderlin stuff is true because this sin't the first window we've been linked with him. I think interest is definitely there. I only read Veysey's articles on Goal, I haven't really sensed any obvious anti-Arsenal mentality from him. He has decent Arsenal sources especially when it comes to injuries.

Ya it's kind of funny. His stints in Spain after Osasuna have been failures, but I guess Japan wanted a coach who could put a team through the group stage at a WC, and he did so twice for Mexico.
They werent failures, Espanyol has had terrible financial issues year after year, the guy was essentially living off the the leftovers of Segunda Division, its a fucking miracle Espanyol is still in La Liga considering how little resources they had.

Veysey is a click-bait. But he does have Arsenal sources got all the injury new right on the Arsenal front last year and we had quite a lot of those.

inky

They werent failures, Espanyol has had terrible financial issues year after year, the guy was essentially living off the the leftovers of Segunda Division, its a fucking miracle Espanyol is still in La Liga considering how little resources they had.

How about Zaragoza and Atletico? Maybe failure is too strong of a word, and he found some footing with Espanyol lately but he hasn't been remarkable by any means. Best thing he did was qualify for the Champions with Atletico, and then every player wanted him out anyway.

How about Zaragoza and Atletico?

Zaragoza was even worse than Espanyol, everything Agapaito Iglesias touches turns to shit, some of those deals Iglesias made as the pres at Zaragoza are shady as shit. Atletico never had a chance with Aguirre, during those years the club was in a deeper financial hole, the lineup was pretty bad except with Forlan and Kun upfront, both had great seasons despite the middle and back line. Those were the days were the trio Simao - Costinha - Maniche arrived at discounted prices, all FLOPS.

Cant forget about the CBs, Ze Castro and Eller lol

BtUIagPCQAE2yTn.jpg:large

WELL WELL

Agnelli, Galliani and Lotito on one table

:lol sorry Thohir
I bet Galliani won't pay a thing.

Or, at least, in an undisclosed amount of installments over the next four years. Or he'll just leave Constant there as a next gen form of payment.

LegoArmo

Van Gaal is very versatile and fluid, it seems like. He set Holland up to play like that at the World Cup in just a couple of weeks. He's been with United for around 8 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom