• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Shameful stuff by the fanbase in regards to Ramsey.

Imagine, after a horrific injury, that you are subjected to that while trying to regain your confidence.

Would destroy you.

No doubt Walcott will get the same treatment.

Hixx

BtUzUBeCQAAfz8o.jpg

im fucking dying

omgkitty

Shameful stuff by the fanbase in regards to Ramsey.

Imagine, after a horrific injury, that you are subjected to that while trying to regain your confidence.

Would destroy you.

No doubt Walcott will get the same treatment.

Which makes me feel even better that I own one of these:

2011-2012Arsenal16AaronRamseyAwayJersey.jpg

I ALWAYS BELIEVED

wedward

Which makes me feel even better that I own one of these:

2011-2012Arsenal16AaronRamseyAwayJersey.jpg

I ALWAYS BELIEVED

If you watched him before his injury you knew he had the talent to become a very good player. Don't think anyone expected him to be as good as he was last year, but I really don't know how you could watch Aaron Ramsey and think he is shit.

Same thing is going to happen with Jack. Don't understand how you can watch him and say he is shit. Don't think he will do it as quickly as Ramsey did, but it would be dumb to bet against him at this point.

And that's not to say you can't be annoyed at poor performances or not want them to start every game, but Arsenal fans saying they are shit or booing them is pretty low.

PowderedToast

was it carragher who said that the reason carroll keeps getting injured is because he doesnt train enough or care to stay fit? poor west ham.

Salvadora

Wilshere is a bit of a different case, to be fair, because of the off-field behaviour.

If he stuck his head down and got to work, I think he would get more leniency.

After all, he does have Arsenal DNA and most fans I reckon will have remembered the player he was before.

Andy Carroll has done his ankle ligaments, will probably be out until December. Ouch.

Jesus

He'll never even get the chance to prove that he's still a good player at this rate. He can't play 2 in a row, let alone the 10 he needs to get properly fit

Pillars of Eternity looks boring imo

arkon

when is it releasing? I thought it was supposed to be done already :(

(not that Obsidian need to release another incomplete, buggy mess obviously, lol)

They're in beta now. No firm release dates so 2014 might still be possible. BELIEVE.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
God its so nice to have a game where we play nice attacking football :3 I dont give a shit its a friendly versus an MLS side, we couldnt beat anyone last year.

Elchele

Firmino is really, really good. Think by most any account, he was one of the best players in the Bundesliga last season. Would be a great signing.

Elsk will be raving about him when he sees this.

Don't think Hoffenheim will sell, a few Bundesliga clubs were interested and they extended (improved his salary a lot) to keep him. They don't need money. SAP-club

wedward

Wilshere is a bit of a different case, to be fair, because of the off-field behaviour.

If he stuck his head down and got to work.

He does. He came back three days early to start training. There is no evidence that he doesn't work hard in training. Has there ever been anything said to the contrary?

Smoking two cigarettes and getting drunk on holiday in Vegas doesn't change that.

Barzul

I always backed Ramsey even when people where calling for him to be sold. I did think a loan to Fulham or someone would be order maybe it would do what Bolton did for Jack. I remember some of the arguments I had with other fans on twitter, seems comical now given his current form.

Barzul

He does. He came back three days early to start training. There is no evidence that he doesn't work hard in training. Has there ever been anything said to the contrary?

Smoking two cigarettes and getting drunk on holiday in Vegas doesn't change that.
Exactly. He's just dumb enough to get photographed.

are you fucking serious

that's Inter's logo LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Except, while Inter has had the good design sense to progressively remove the text and decrease the number of concentric circles, NYCFC does precisely the opposite, then they add two pentagons to the mix as well.

It looks absolutely dreadful.

El Sha is better than both Isco and Hamas. Maybe even better than both combined. This will be his consecration season, provided he stays injury-free.
No, he's the new Pato. Maybe someday he'll even be lucky enough to share some of Barbara.

wedward

He apparently rented out the whole place and made people turn in their cell phones to get in but obviously someone managed to get by the security measures.

From the angle of the photo it looks like someone repelled off the side of a building to get it.

Poor Jack.

Metro know nothing never believe anything that paper says about transfers

I know. Don't know if they have ever got anything correct.

Some people said the club use John Cross to feed false info. Distract the media from their real targets I guess.

Salvadora

That wasn't what I meant though.

I was referring to the fan's perception of him.

Which is indeed coloured by the high-profile incidents.

Arsenal should go for Carlos Bacca of Sevilla. I see him as a player Wenger can improve watched about 5 games he played in we don't need Cavani if he's going cost us 60 million euros.

wedward

That wasn't what I meant though.

I was referring to the fan's perception of him.

Which is indeed coloured by the high-profile incidents.

I suppose. A lot of assumptions and conjecture. Until Wenger thinks it's and issue I am not going to worry about it.

Suen

I watched some youtube videos of Lodi, he looks like a decent replacement for Parolo. I've decided to jump on the Lodi ship. Get him Leonardi!

#LodiToParma

But I'd really prefer Cigarini to come back.

#BringBackCigarini

EmiPrime

“He went through a bad patch, and I couldn’t play him any more at Emirates Stadium,” Wenger told assembled guests at an Emirates Business Breakfast in New York.

“I sat down with Aaron and I told him, ‘I don’t think people don’t like you, but they don’t like your game at the moment’. It was in his hands to change that.

Screw these people who don't understand what a supporter should be. This season it was Wenger and Giroud who got the most abuse in the stands. I hate it, makes me so embarrassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom