• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiroshawn

Banned
I always believed in the RAM. I think it was three seasons ago when he returned and scored a goal in the 1-0 win over United. Yes he was shit for a while and he used to do a lot of back heel passes to the opposition but i still believed. Plus he's Welsh.

Salvadora

Screw these people who don't understand what a supporter should be. This season it was Wenger and Giroud who got the most abuse in the stands. I hate it, makes me so embarrassed.
The Giroud abuse is baffling.

He's a donkey, sure, but he works his ass off on the pitch and it isn't his fault that we have no options in that position.

Most CFs would struggle to do what he has done.

BtUzUBeCQAAfz8o.jpg

im fucking dying

Thats what it made me think of

wedward

Nope lol

why

Read one of his posts today. My god. What a self-important cunt. Couldn't even finish it.

He's a donkey, sure, but he works his ass off on the pitch and it isn't his fault that we have no options in that position.

Yeah, really unacceptable. The guy is working his ass off and obviously trying as hard as he can. Is it his fault he isn't good enough?

jtb

Banned
since we're all in the mood for self-congratulations, I just want to remind everyone that I've been backing Jenkinson for years

Most CFs would struggle to do what he has done.

remember when he used to always shoot at goal from 30 yards out? I have to admit it was actually pretty hilarious the first time he did it

the player that gets the most undeserved hate from Arsenal fans is Theo. he's actually good.

wedward

the player that gets the most undeserved hate from Arsenal fans is Theo. he's actually good.

Yup, guys scores 21 goals and he still gets abuse.

And gets abuse for being injured a lot.

I used to two years ago. he just kept repeating the same stuff and angle. Got tiring.

All he does is "remember when I said this would happen? Look, it has happened."

hiroshawn

Banned
A rumour has been all over social networks from Arsenal’s base in New York.

The Gunners have traveled to USA for a pre-season friendly with the New York Red Bulls, and according to the unconfirmed rumour, Wojciech Szczesny, Mathieu Flamini and Keiran Gibbs have come close to getting sent home.

The story confirms that the three Arsenal players made Arsene Wenger lose the plot after they pranked him by swapping his coffee for gravy.

Zabojnik

This looks so good. Backer beta in August too =)

Yeah, much like with everything Star Citizen, I think I'm skipping the beta. Don't want to spoil myself the experience of playing the finished product. I can wait a few more months. Christ. CHRIST.

LTWheels

A rumour has been all over social networks from Arsenal’s base in New York.

The Gunners have traveled to USA for a pre-season friendly with the New York Red Bulls, and according to the unconfirmed rumour, Wojciech Szczesny, Mathieu Flamini and Keiran Gibbs have come close to getting sent home.

The story confirms that the three Arsenal players made Arsene Wenger lose the plot after they pranked him by swapping his coffee for gravy.

Poor Ox.

inky

Yeah, much like with everything Star Citizen, I think I'm skipping the beta. Don't want to spoil myself the experience of playing the finished product. I can wait a few more months. Christ. CHRIST.

I might do the same. Maybe just buy and play Divinity in the meantime.

JimWhite: Hearing that #Chelsea left-back Patrick van Aanholt close to joining #Sunderland tonight. Clubs trying to agree fee.

Judging by our current streak of prices, I reckon he'll be about £8m. Some of that Borini money perhaps

£2m max

jtb

Banned
jtb if you called Jenkinson coming good after his first season, I would truly be amazed.

of course not. but no one did, no one rated him then (besides maybe Arnie), certainly not after his performance at Old Trafford.

but I'm surprised that after his second season, which featured very impressive performances at both Anfield and the Etihad, there's so little confidence in him. when he's been pressed into service, he's gotten the job done. and in some cases, he hasn't just gotten the job done, he's been by far the best player on the pitch. he loves the club and never gives less than 100% in his performances. when you take into account all that, it's more impressive and deserving of fans' respect than most other "keep the faith" candidates.

wedward

Guillem Balague @GuillemBalague · 2h
Little break from holidays: rubbish story about Messi and Arsenal which surely nobody believed. Plus Casillas + Khedira not wanted by Wenger

lol

omgkitty

of course not. but no one did, no one rated him then (besides maybe Arnie), certainly not after his performance at Old Trafford.

but I'm surprised that after his second season, which featured very impressive performances at both Anfield and the Etihad, there's so little confidence in him. when he's been pressed into service, he's gotten the job done. and in some cases, he hasn't just gotten the job done, he's been by far the best player on the pitch. he loves the club and never gives less than 100% in his performances. when you take into account all that, it's more impressive and deserving of fans' respect than most other "keep the faith" candidates.

twGKF9T.gif

Stubo

"Real Madrid sell 345,000 James Rodríguez shirts in 48 hours to recoup €26m of €90m transfer fee"

Not sure if these numbers could possibly be accurate unless they're taking €75.36 profit from each shirt sale...but still impressive if true.

wedward

He was very good in his second season. Looked a little rust last year, but that is too be expected when he was hardly used. Hopefully Wenger uses him more this season, but I get the sense that he still doesn't trust him.

Tc91

Iconic United @IconicUnited · 3m
Vidal quotes seem fake. Surely if he said he didnt want to go to United, every Italian journo would be tweeting it. Not some unkown account.

Fuck knows who they are but I still believe.

I don't trust Marotta's, Nedved's or Vidal's words tbh

I'll wait for Mitten

YES MOYES

After Kieron Dyer, I never thought we'd ever sign a player who was as much of a waste of money, but here we are. Apparently this time Carroll done his ankle ligaments in doing cone drills in training. The guy's a fucking crock, fit for the knackers yard.

Stubo

We really need to send the undercover lawyers to get next year's transfers started off too, I hope their efforts have not been forgotten.

@PaoloBandini
Hearing that Vidal is subject to an upcoming bid of £45m from Liverpool

@PaoloBandini
Wages of £180k pw, release clause in event that club fail to finish top 4 next season

@PaoloBandini
Vidal's agent expects move to go through when bid arrives

LET'S MUPPET

After Kieron Dyer, I never thought we'd ever sign a player who was as much of a waste of money, but here we are. Apparently this time Carroll done his ankle ligaments in doing cone drills in training. The guy's a fucking crock, fit for the knackers yard.

A friend of mine (Hammers fan) was speculating he actually took some powder and is back in rehab (back because he was there last time, speculatively)

Why all these people doing drugs? Jacky, Rio, Mutu, Bosnich, Carroll... I'm sure theres more

Barzul

Other times though he does this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQAeGbjU3bY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom