• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt posted some quotes which came from last year, when Vidal was linked with Madrid. He was saying something similar if I remember correctly.

it was even worse actually
I am honoured that a big club [like Real Madrid] is interested. They would seduce every player [into joining them]," he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I have not yet renewed my contract. My deal is still running, I'll just see what will happen now."

Not necessarily.

Saying that you will stay put removes a bargaining chip in contract negotiations.

Yes, that's true. Still not an assumption free scenario though.

My point is basically that you can pretty much ignore what footballers say - they say what they have to say in the moment.

FWIW, there is no suggestion Vidal is in talks for a new contract. Obv he may well be in private.

If there's one thing I admire about Giggs and Scholes, it's the lack of pissing about over contracts. Obviously they had no reason to leave, but afaik it was always done with the minimum of fuss

K1LLER7

I am so hungry and thirsty today.

Killer, this weeks fasts have been tough. Got some fresh and cool pineapple juice waiting. Only an hour or so left :)
Yeah man, I'm starving today.

Went to Tesco earlier and got some pure orange juice. Been absolutely knocking back the OJ all Ramadan lol. Also got some Cadburys chocolate cake with chocolate syrup ;)

Not long now though, 4 more days.

Jan Hagen ‏@PortuBall 2m
Official: Doyen Sport have bought 80% of Porto's newest signing Brahimi's rights for €5m. Can we please stop this third-party bullshit soon?

Never heard of him but just gonna assume he's good and will blow up in about 2/3 years. Seems to be how this story goes.

Hixx

“You always see the best players in the world and I always watched Eric Cantona, Zinedine Zidane and, while he was at Real Zaragoza, Gustavo Poyet, who is now the Sunderland coach,” Herrera told the club’s official site, before continuing on his current favourite players.

Gus mate why the fuck were you not in for him.

I have no idea who he is but he cost £38m so he must be good.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Gus mate why the fuck were you not in for him.

I have no idea who he is but he cost £38m so he must be good.

Watch his highlights from yesterday :3 he is quite fun

Reminds me of a tryhard Invid

There were 4 red cards in the first half in Coventry's preseason friendly against a Greek side today. The first 2 were because of a fight between Danny Pugh and one of the Greek players.

What do Liverpool-GAF make of John Henry's comments about selling Suarez "because we needed more depth"?

Is that line taken out of context? It almost sounds like a sell to buy type thing.

omgkitty

What do Liverpool-GAF make of John Henry's comments about selling Suarez "because we needed more depth"?

Is that line taken out of context? It almost sounds like a sell to buy type thing.

I hate it when people make up PR bullshit when everyone already knows the truth. It's idiotic. At least use the biting incident as a reason.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"It's nothing"

except nothing is nothing. Everything is something.

and he could've said "I don't know" "anything can happen"

ONE 'no'

TWO 'no's

BUT NO...IT WAS A HATTRICK OF NOS

TeddyBoy

It's a half truth. We needed a much bigger squad this year and the owners couldn't finance that themselves so we sold Suarez. If Suarez didn't bite anyone there was a slight chance he'd stay.

Salvadora

Vidal was clearly using double negatives to make a silent cry for help.

He wants out.
It's a half truth. We needed a much bigger squad this year and the owners couldn't finance that themselves so we sold Suarez. If Suarez didn't bite anyone there was a slight chance he'd stay.
Really?

New TV money should sort that out. It's not like you've been adventurous with your money so far.

m8 didn't they place sanctions on Gazprom? Zenit and Schalke are dying, soon followed by Chelsea.

Hahahahah

irmFVcRu4MU9Y.gif

Please do kill Schalke though

Zabojnik

Jesus Christ, this Vidal thing can't end soon enough. United's tactic is working. They'll keep breaking our balls until we'll say "ALRIGHT, FFS, WE CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE, JUST FUCKING TAKE HIM AND BE DONE WITH IT".

Just bollocks to make it sound like we wouldn't much rather have kept him

We needed depth, but not at that price

Jesus Christ, this Vidal thing can't end soon enough. United's tactic is working. They'll keep breaking our balls until we'll say "ALRIGHT, FFS, WE CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE, JUST FUCKING TAKE HIM AND BE DONE WITH IT".

no you spite Man U by selling to LFC, that way you get to piss them off more than anyway possible :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom