• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Football manager is a horrendous blight on humanity.

ngDCi9a.png

inky

I looked over some of the screenshots and it looks to intense/involved for me. I want to actually play games, as well. The one FIFA mode that was like crack to me was the create a player option where I played in an online league as a goalie. Sounds dumb on paper, but I loved it.

PES I stopped following years ago. Seemed like FIFA surpassed it, but I could be wrong.

Yea, if you are looking to control specific players on the pitch and play games above everything else FM is not for you then. And I totally get you, I love the create a player mode in football games, and for a long time was my favorite mode. I actually wish it was a bit more involved and thought out than it is now. I ended up hating Konami's piss poor implementation of it in PES games, and you are not wrong, FIFA actually surpassed it beyond the obvious (graphics, licensing) a while back.

I think footy gaffers here even have a FIFA team that you could join if that is the case, so if you are really itching for a game to play, well, don't let my EA hate stop you, just know you are supporting one of the worst gaming companies out there ;P I understand FIFA is mostly a good game EA aside, and probably the only decent option of its kind for people who enjoy the sport.

Yea, if you are looking to control specific players on the pitch and play games above everything else FM is not for you then. And I totally get you, I love the create a player mode in football games, and for a long time was my favorite mode. I actually wish it was a bit more involved and thought out than it is now. I ended up hating Konami's piss poor implementation of it in PES games, and you are not wrong, FIFA actually surpassed it beyond the obvious (graphics, licensing) a while back.

I think footy gaffers here even have a FIFA team that you could join if that is the case, so if you are really itching for a game to play, well, don't let my EA hate stop you, just know you are supporting one of the worst gaming companies out there ;P I understand FIFA is mostly a good game EA aside, and probably the only decent option of its kind for people who enjoy the sport.

Just look at this

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679185

This is not just having a fifa club, this a life style, this is our life.

This is me and hixx, bonding on a tour together to get a better partnership going up front.

we're full of good people http://youtu.be/TXqr_GSAuos?list=UU5cRH6NQk9wdxmD0xbxGicw

inky

LOL, you guys are nuts. The memories section should be in the game already, you'd make great designers at EA, that's for sure.

inky

Oh god, now I've watched like 15 of your videos. Do you guys stream? LOL. You should :p

Well, looks like you guys are having a ton of fun, so I guess Tragicomedy could join y'all as keeper too.

Do you guys not play clubs on PS4?

I don't have a PS4 (and neither does Mr Cola or Bacon I think, we are the most active!), will just wait for next years now as it will be the same version on pc then. Also Hixx says everyone on PS4 are window lickers, except WJD, we want to recruit him. Sorry everyone else on PS4.

Isn't FF part of the team?

FootballFan? He bought it and couldnt play due to lag. That doesn't stop Qindarka though who disconnects in half the matches, his pro is quite famous, he's called Dogman and does whatever the fuck he wants to when Qin doesn't control him, like kicking corner kicks to the middle of the pitch in protest.

Meier

There is a non-Footy GAF club on PS4, the Gentle Lovers. We're not very good but have fun. Division 2 is the highest we've made it this season.

And FM is the best PC game of all time that doesn't involve Sid Meier.

Pennywise

I don't have a PS4 (and neither does Mr Cola or Bacon I think, we are the most active!), will just wait for next years now as it will be the same version on pc then. Also Hixx says everyone on PS4 are window lickers, except WJD, we want to recruit him. Sorry everyone else on PS4.

Cunt.

We're gonna start an club team of Fifa 15 on PS4 as well !

We just need enough players to bench Bla.

There is a non-Footy GAF club on PS4, the Gentle Lovers. We're not very good but have fun. Division 2 is the highest we've made it this season.

Sid Meier hasn't got shit on Miles Jacobson.

FM for life yo

Scum

FootballFan? He bought it and couldnt play due to lag. That doesn't stop Qindarka though who disconnects in half the matches, his pro is quite famous, he's called Dogman and does whatever the fuck he wants to when Qin doesn't control him, like kicking corner kicks to the middle of the pitch in protest.

lol

K1LLER7

I need a PS4 so I can play some of the Footy-Gaffers on here. Would have joined you guys but my PC is crap :(

"We are bad but have fun"

That's what losers says Meier. You know it's all about winning, no matter how many times you have to yell at Kyoufu.

quicvheqysrb.gif

ib2J8g8Mb0F9Ru.gif

woodkeepoerjcxim.gif

woodkeepr2dflw1.gif

What a team

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Should start a GAF derby once a year

Football Manager is a bit overwhelming at first, but there's a classic mode which makes it all much easier and quicker. However it's well worth it in the end, going with the normal mode, it's easily the best football game out there.

and no, PES is still shit. Although a lot less shit than PES08, which was just the worst.

Thanks for the input. I hate EA as much as anyone, but it seems like FIFA is really the only game in town in terms of actually playing a game of football instead of just simulating.

I like the idea behind Believe FC. I think I might have even played a game or two with you guys just messing around back on FIFA 13, but I was never active after that. Are you guys looking at going again in FIFA 15?

"We are bad but have fun"

That's what losers says Meier. You know it's all about winning, no matter how many times you have to yell at Kyoufu.

What a team

When did you guys sign Casillas?

I like the idea behind Believe FC. I think I might have even played a game or two with you guys just messing around back on FIFA 13, but I was never active after that. Are you guys looking at going again in FIFA 15?

Yeah certainly. Think we might have even more people back now that it's the same game released as on ps4. We still play almost every day, sometimes with a few days to a week break.

If Casillas goes to arse he will bitch and moan If he is not on the first team. He's a terrible captain as well. Good shot keeper, terrible everything else.

On no other top club of the world you could have this 2 main goalkeeper bullshit.

Navas or Lopez for main and Casillas for sub. Remember, he was Madrid's main keeper once and was subbed by FUCKING CESAR. He has always been shit. 2008-2010 Spain spell was a bunch of good luck

YES OLYMPIAKOS YES INZAGHI

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
So Pinto in the press conference went off script and started blaming people left and right and now it's a clusterfuck, it's depressing.

Yeah certainly. Think we might have even more people back now that it's the same game released as on ps4. We still play almost every day, sometimes with a few days to a week break.

Oh, thank God. The last version I played felt like it was an entire generation behind the consoles. Embarrassing. At least EA recognizes there's a demand for the game on PCs. They abandoned the PC version of Madden back in 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom