• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Twitter. Don't be a twat, use the official app.

kloppe3kzr.gif

Zabojnik

Pogba's agent is only talking to United. It's only a matter of days now, imo. A few weeks at most. I hope we'll be able to get them to go as high as 60M€.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
most depressing pre-season I can remember

I'm a Benfica fan

Milan, the team that will most certainly win the scudetto now that Conte has left, according to a bunch of people.

I bet this game is part of our plan, definitely.

Abraxas

Pogba's agent is only talking to United. It's only a matter of days now, imo. A few weeks at most. I hope we'll be able to get them to go as high as 60M€.

m8, the game must occur, the spectacular game, where united put all their eggs in the king paul basket, as juve cocktease them in every way on earth. Then on deadline day, he goes to PSG for 35 million.

Too delicious to miss.

Tubie

We only get 40% of the income. And even less from shirts sold outside the Bernabeu.

Edit:
Ugh sorry for the double post.

Madrid does own 50% of the image rights of its players too, so half the money the players make from sponsorships and stuff like that goes to Madrid. Florentino once said they made back every single euro spent on Kaka, this+shirt sales would explain how.

Just saw the goals from tonight match. Jesus Christ Bonera. How is he still with us is beyond me.

Same goes for Zaccardo, but apparently Inzaghi wants to keep him for some obscure reason. Dat 2006 WC DNA.

Pachimari

Madrid does own 50% of the image rights of its players too, so half the money the players make from sponsorships and stuff like that goes to Madrid. Florentino once said they made back every single euro spent on Kaka, this+shirt sales would explain how.
Exactly.

GorillaJu

That shirt sales stuff is complete nonsense.

Think about it for longer than a few seconds - it doesn't make any sense.

345k James shirts already sold, when Real sell on average 1.4 million shirts PER YEAR? The money that the club get per shirt is an absolute pittance compared to the wages they pay to these players, the idea that shirt sales could have made up for Kaka's wages and transfer fee, over a year period is just :lol. Maybe every Kaka shirt ever sold would make up for a single season of his wages.

Bunch of bullshit, just like their claims about hundreds of millions of people watching their Liga games in China.

Gambit

Just watched the Bayonetta 2 game-play from yesterday. Wii U purchase redeemed!

It looks amazing and insane.

Last night I finished Arkham City. I still maintain that it's not nearly as good as Asylum, but it has improved greatly from my first impression. The area was just too overwhelming at first, but towards the end it got better. Going up the tower felt great.

I think I might buy Origins soon. Mostly because the Christmas setting makes me hope it's like Batman Returns (i.e. the best Batman film).

345k James shirts already sold, when Real sell on average 1.4 million shirts PER YEAR? The money that the club get per shirt is an absolute pittance compared to the wages they pay to these players, the idea that shirt sales could have made up for Kaka's wages and transfer fee, over a year period is just :lol. Maybe every Kaka shirt ever sold would make up for a single season of his wages.

Bunch of bullshit, just like their claims about hundreds of millions of people watching their Liga games in China.

That shirt sales stuff is complete nonsense.

Think about it for longer than a few seconds - it doesn't make any sense.

Yea, that's what it seems like.

James will cost per year to Madrid what, 22-24 million pounds?

That's made up in shirt sales lol

Jack cw

Profit margin of adidas kits is around 20% of the MSRP for the clubs like Real, Bayern, or Chelsea. A 80EUR kit has 16-20 EUR profit for the club. 345k James kits sold, result in 5.5 - 6 million EUR.
Around 40% are adidas earnings, and the rest is divided to retailers and other promotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom