• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
That doesn't sound right

Being pessimistic about the fees

Remy: 9m
Origi: 11m
Lovren: 25m
Moreno: 20m

That would be covered by the Suarez sale alone, even if we did only get 65m for him

I think he was including Lallana, Can etc. I work it out that we've spent around £90m if you include Remy, Origi and Lovren. We'll have made roughly £92m in sales if Borini goes.

How many players do Liverpool need?

Remy
Origi
Lovern
Moment
Lan
Lambert
That Benfica dude who's name doesn't matter
Lallana

Lolerpool confirmed with this nonsense. So many players yet without Suarez question marks heavily on this team.

We needed a lot of depth added, and there are quite a few players who are likely to be leaving, or at least are for sale. Markovic and Origi are the only luxury signings from that list, and if even one of them works out they'll be well worth it. Suarez leaving wasn't a choice, and he's impossible to replace properly.

You go all season droning on about how we're only doing so well because we're not in the CL, then when we try and negate that being an issue now that we're in it by expanding the squad, it's Lolerpool confirmed?

Do one.

Mastadon

Banned
We needed a lot of depth added, and there are quite a few players who are likely to be leaving, or at least are for sale. Markovic and Origi are the only luxury signings from that list, and if even one of them works out they'll be well worth it. Suarez leaving wasn't a choice, and he's impossible to replace properly.

You go all season droning on about how we're only doing so well because we're not in the CL, then when we try and negate that being an issue now that we're in it by expanding the squad, it's Lolerpool confirmed?

Do one.

I think it'll be a good window for us if we get Moreno in. Our starting eleven will be mostly the same, with probably 7 or 8 of the same players we had last year starting. No real wholesale changes, but plenty more depth and options. I'm excited about Markovic, but I have a suspicion that Can will end up being our best signing this window.

Feorax

I think it'll be a good window for us if we get Moreno in. Our starting eleven will be mostly the same, with probably 7 or 8 of the same players we had last year starting. No real wholesale changes, but plenty more depth and options. I'm excited about Markovic, but I have a suspicion that Can will end up being our best signing this window.

Yeah, that's the big difference between us and Spurs last year, a lot of these players we're buying are with the vision that they'll be used as part of the matchday 18 and to cover injuries, rather than the starting XI.

If we sign Origi, Lovren and Remy this week as expected, then I suspect we'll be mostly done for the window. The only players we'll be looking at then will be a LB and possibly a wide attacker to replace Suarez. Overall though, I'm really happy with our window so far.

GQman2121

Banned
if its coming from yurt its more like "tongue in vagina"

AMIRITE?

ptabmh.gif

Mastadon

Banned
Yeah, that's the big difference between us and Spurs last year, a lot of these players we're buying are with the vision that they'll be used as part of the matchday 18 and to cover injuries, rather than the starting XI.

If we sign Origi, Lovren and Remy this week as expected, then I suspect we'll be mostly done for the window. The only players we'll be looking at then will be a LB and possibly a wide attacker to replace Suarez. Overall though, I'm really happy with our window so far.

Plus we've mixed potential with league experience, which is probably where Spurs fell down in the end. I thought Lamela and Soldado were brilliant buys at the time, but obviously didn't adapt well enough to the league.

Lambert, Lovren and Lallana can all hit the ground running so to speak.

I'm gutted to have lost Suarez, but I can't deny that it's pretty exciting to be a Liverpool fan at the moment.

GK - Mignolet, Jones

CB - Skrtel, Sakho, Lovren, Agger, Wisdom

RB - Flanagan, Johnson, Wisdom
LB - Moreno, Johnson, Flanagan

DM - Gerrard, Can

CM - Henderson, Allen, Lallana, Gerrard, Can, Coutinho, Suso

AM - Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Suso, Henderson, Markovic (?)

RF - Markovic, Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Suso, Ibe
LF - Remy, Markovic, Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Suso, Ibe

CF - Sturridge, Remy, Lambert

Still think we could do with an upgrade to one or both keeper positions, and more depth at DM (maybe Lucas will stay) but if we get Moreno and Lovren, we should be in a good position to rotate and cover for injuries

Would be much improved with a top quality attacker, but short of getting one, that'll have to do for now.

Feorax

Yep, I'm really excited for the new season.

I still think we'll spend big on at least one attacking player to replace Suarez in the starting XI too.

Lightning

Banned
We needed a lot of depth added, and there are quite a few players who are likely to be leaving, or at least are for sale. Markovic and Origi are the only luxury signings from that list, and if even one of them works out they'll be well I worth it. Suarez leaving wasn't a choice, and he's impossible to replace properly.

Do one.
Aside from Lallana and Markovic you're signing bang average players. Remy is average at best and has a very questionable attitude. Don't know much about Can so he gets a pass, Lovern I'm not sold on at all. Moreno will be great if you get him, he'll be the best signing if it's done. Lambert? Weird signing.

I just feel Liverpool now have lost that killer edge that Suarez provided. That person who could provide some spark from nothing, turn and fight for a game. None of those signings bring that, they're numbers and not much else. I think you needed to buy a Sanchez or someone of equal quality and as of yet you haven't and you've spent a lot of money.

Mastadon

Banned
GK - Mignolet, Jones

CB - Skrtel, Sakho, Lovren, Agger, Wisdom

RB - Flanagan, Johnson, Wisdom
LB - Moreno, Johnson, Flanagan

DM - Gerrard, Can

CM - Henderson, Allen, Lallana, Gerrard, Can, Coutinho, Suso

AM - Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Suso, Henderson, Markovic (?)

RF - Markovic, Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Suso, Ibe
LF - Remy, Markovic, Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Suso, Ibe

CF - Sturridge, Remy, Lambert

Still think we could do with an upgrade to one or both keeper positions, and more depth at DM (maybe Lucas will stay) but if we get Moreno and Lovren, we should be in a good position to rotate and cover for injuries

Would be much improved with a top quality attacker, but short of getting one, that'll have to do for now.

I think Mig deserves another season. Difficult circumstances for him last year with such a inconsistent back line. His fault is around command of his area, which is probably the easiest thing to teach. Jones is shit though, are we still linked with Vorm?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think Mig deserves another season. Difficult circumstances for him last year with such a inconsistent back line. His fault is around command of his area, which is probably the easiest thing to teach. Jones is shit though, are we still linked with Vorm?

Vorm is coming to Spurs along with Davies.

Feorax

Aside from Lallana and Markovic you're signing bang average players. Remy is average at best and has a very questionable attitude. Don't know much about Can so he gets a pass, Lovern I'm not sold on at all. Moreno will be great if you get him, he'll be the best signing if it's done. Lambert? Weird signing.

I just feel Liverpool now have lost that killer edge that Suarez provided. That person who could provide some spark from nothing, turn and fight for a game. None of those signings bring that, they're numbers and not much else. I think you needed to buy a Sanchez or someone of equal quality and as of yet you haven't and you've spent a lot of money.

I disagree, but even average is a massive improvement when you need to change a game or introduce fresh legs, and the options you have on the bench include Aspas, Alberto, Lucas, Moses and Aly Cissokho.

Vorm is off to Spurs. Weird move for him with Lloris still there, unless Hugo is expected to move in the next 12 to 18 months as per a clause in his new contract.

Mastadon

Banned

I don't agree that Remy is average at all to be honest. He scored two less goals that Giroud and played 12 less games than him. Even if he is, I don't think we'll be playing two up front this year anyway, so he's likely to be a back-up for Sturridge.

Ushojax

Vorm is off to Spurs. Weird move for him woth Lloris still there, unless Hugo is expected to move in the next 12 to 18 months as per a clause in his new contract.

I don't know about 'expected to move', Levy would never put such a clause in a contract, but I imagine if we aren't in the CL next season then Levy has told Hugo that he will let him leave. Vorm is a good second keeper and hopefully a season as second choice will get his head straight, he was awful last season.

I don't agree that Remy is average at all to be honest. He scored two less goals that Giroud and played 12 less games than him. Even if he is, I don't think we'll be playing two up front this year anyway, so he's likely to be a back-up for Sturridge.

Remy is a dick and won't like being back up to anybody, I imagine he will be in the league starting XI.

Henderson Gerrard Coutinho
Sterling Sturridge Remy

GorillaJu

I can't even find proper videos for Morata. 98% of his goals were tap-ins

what is this....Messi?

In YouTube scouting, I prefer when the goals are tap-ins, because I think having intelligence and positioning are traits that win you more points than scoring a beauty here and there. I hate watching YT videos and half the goals are penalties. Fucking lame.

Lightning

Banned
You put Remy on the bench and see how that works for you... You will get Moses like performances if you even attempt that.

Mastadon

Banned
I don't know about 'expected to move', Levy would never put such a clause in a contract, but I imagine if we aren't in the CL next season then Levy has told Hugo that he will let him leave. Vorm is a good second keeper and hopefully a season as second choice will get his head straight, he was awful last season.

Remy is a dick and won't like being back up to anybody, I imagine he will be in the league starting XI.

Henderson Gerrard Coutinho
Sterling Sturridge Remy

Yeah maybe. It's nice having these options!

I rate Lovren too, but that doesn't seem to be a common consensus. Thought he was excellent last year. £16m is over the odds though.

You put Remy on the bench and see how that works for you... You will get Moses like performances if you even attempt that.

He'll take the Captial One Cup by storm ;)

GorillaJu

How are you so confident that Moreno would be a great signing? A young Spanish player with a spotty defense record, vs the best CB in the league last year, and the former is 'by far' the better signing?

Remy isn't average anyway, his goal record in the PL with Newcastle is extremely good. He looks like a men among boys playing for QPR. And I don't give a rat's ass about supposed attitude problems. None of us here know what his attitude is really like, we'll save judgments for something more than just dubious paper-talk and Twitter rumors.

David Wall ‏@1DavidWall 4m
Ospina is one of four keepers to save at least 80% of shots faced in the major Euro leagues last season. Others are Buffon, Navas & Neuer.​

One man defensive depth
8ISIdcZ.png

I used to fucking love Aimar, Baraja, and especially Vicente. Valencia were so good under Rafa. Shame how things have developed since.

I think there is a significant chance that we will see a 4-4-2 with Giroud and Sanchez feature a lot this season.

It's a definite possibility. It's the best formation for Giroud to flex his creative muscles tbh. We need to remember that we have been possibly the best in the league going 4-2-3-1 against 8th (and Spurs) downwards though, the key is the bigger teams. Do we have a new difference maker in attack? Definitely (though Alexis isn't clinical). Are we more solid in midfield? Not yet.

The key was always Poldi to me. If he wasn't going then only one attacker was ever coming in.

Ramsey only played 3/6 games v the top 4 but got a goal and an assist. Theo played 2 and scored 2. We're going to be reliant on the fitness (Shad Forsythe just seems like a rumour at this point, right? Nothing since the initial stories) of those two, and Sanchez/Ozil to be the difference when it matters.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
In YouTube scouting, I prefer when the goals are tap-ins, because I think having intelligence and positioning are traits that win you more points than scoring a beauty here and there. I hate watching YT videos and half the goals are penalties. Fucking lame.
okay you tell me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yCCZQHkwQY

DON-DRAPER-PUKES.gif

I'm trying SO HARD to be excited but I just can't

Is this tongue in cheek?
-_- </3
if its coming from yurt its more like "tongue in vagina"

AMIRITE?
-_- <3

Ushojax

Yeah maybe. It's nice having these options!

I rate Lovren too, but that doesn't seem to be a common consensus. Thought he was excellent last year. £16m is over the odds though.

Lovren was decent but I don't think he's a huge upgrade on someone like Agger, he's better but not in another league. I remember Soldado rinsing him a few times when we beat Soton last season. Having to partner a rough and tumble type like Sakho might cause some problems.

Blablurn

Apparently I took 20€ from the ATM on thursday, 7:19PM.

But I cant remember that I was out at that time. I even checked my firefox history and I was probably watching something on the internet during that time. at 7:24 i was browsing again.

I don't understand. My card is here and was never lost. And I cant remember that I took the money.

GorillaJu

Lovren was decent but I don't think he's a huge upgrade on someone like Agger, he's better but not in another league. I remember Soldado rinsing him a few times when we beat Soton last season. Having to partner a rough and tumble type like Sakho might cause some problems.

In terms of technical ability, Agger is one of the better defenders. But you have to judge them off of their composure and their consistency, more than anything. Lovren is one of the league's best, as far as I'm concerned. Maybe Mertesacker is better, and Kompany of course.

Mastadon

Banned
Lovren was decent but I don't think he's a huge upgrade on someone like Agger, he's better but not in another league. I remember Soldado rinsing him a few times when we beat Soton last season.

Ha I was going to say that the Spurs game was the only one I can remember where he got found out a bit.

I think he's enough of an upgrade over Agger to justify the signing. He's younger and has better decision making and concentration levels.

Salazar

And I don't give a rat's ass about supposed attitude problems. None of us here know what his attitude is really like, we'll save judgments for something more than just dubious paper-talk and Twitter rumors.

Lallana is a bit of a div, m8

We know that for sure.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So far

IN -- Allegri, Alvaro ElBuyback Morata (Real Madrid, 20 million euros over 3 or 5 years with a buyback clause they'll never triger), Kingsley Coman (PSG, free), Stefano Sturaro?!?!?! (Genoa, 5.5! million euros). Total: 12 million

Soon: Evra will be announced tonight for 1.5-2 million and Peryeraoeitjw3 from Udinese for a 1 million loan with an option (it's not really an option since we always take it up with Udinese) to buy for 12 million.

OUT -- Conte (priceless), Fabio Quagliarella (Torino, 3.5 million euros), Mirko Vucinic (Al Jazira, 6.3 million euros), Federico Peluso (Sassuolo, 4.5 million euros), Simone Zaza (Sassuolo, 7.5 million euros) Ciro Immobile (Borussia Dortmund, undisclosed). Total: between 32-36 million.

oh wow look ffp gud job marry

Hindle

Banned
Isco is up for sale according to the DM. He will be sold to fund the James Rodridguez move. He'd a be a huge buy for a PL team.

Lightning

Banned
Isco is up for sale according to the DM. He will be sold to fund the James Rodridguez move. He'd a be a huge buy for a PL team.
That will be the DM making assumptions. Isco is not for sale at all.

And Yurt. Thats a poor tale for Juve. What a horrid window for them.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOOOOOOOOL Isco is for sale?!?!

and we're looking for a number 10 now too. Fuck you Madrid.

not like he was gonna pick Juve anyway :lol

Peco

Midfielder. Played really well against Solbiatese, reminds me of Pirlo. Perfect passes, lethal when it comes down to free kicks, calm, can play as regista. One of his problems is the fact that he might disappear from the match from time to time, a la Ibra/Balotelli.

Yeah, if I remember correctly he was damn good in the Viareggio Cup. Lethal freekick taker, we could use someone like him if they sell Balotelli
or Honda

In the FA Cup final, Wenger brought on Sanogo and switched to 4-4-2 in the last 15 mins with Giroud up top. This gave us more physicality up front and gave more space to Ramsey and Wilshere to do some damage. We eventually won the game, so Wenger is not adverse to switching formations whenever he sees fit.

I want a new signing. Our last one was like ten days ago.

Berlu&GoldTie, go and get "a good one". Not Nani, pls.
LOOOOOOOOL Isco is for sale?!?!

and we're looking for a number 10 now too. Fuck you Madrid.

not like he was gonna pick Juve anyway :lol
It will be Milan. I believe in goal.com, clearly it's the only destination that makes sense. No CL, EL, wages way, way below the Real Madrid standard. Who wouldn't want to play with Constant and Muntari, after all?

Yeah, if I remember correctly he was damn good in the Viareggio Cup. Lethal freekick taker, we could use someone like him if they sell Balotelli
or Honda
Has Honda ever kicked a somehow dangerous free kick with us? I can't honestly remember. I also forgot that we had him in our team, but that's another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom