• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

pmsv3uN.jpg

jesus christ hahaha

Salvadora

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 19s
Chambers close to completion, fee above £10m, terms not finalised. Seen as versatile option RB, CB & more advanced if needed #afc #saintsfc

Transfer Central TNC @TransferNewsCen

Di Marzio: Romelu Lukaku rejected an offer of €25m plus €5m addons from Wolfsburg as he wants Champions League. (1/2)

Transfer Central TNC @TransferNewsCen

Majority of reports: Sociedad's Antoine Griezmann has agreed personal terms with Atletico Madrid ahead of €25m. Deal to be closed in hours

Barzul

Dean said Saints are asking for silly money for Schneiderlin. We're now exploring the possibility of signing Pogba. He just deleted the tweet. I screenshotted it however.

L1NETT

:lol

Burnley, WBA and... dunno yet. But those signings are appalling.

Surprised to see Leicester spend 7m on Ulloa, that's a lot of money for someone who I don't think is a given thing in the PL. Especially considering Palace just spent under a million on Fraizer Campbell who showed he can threaten at the top level.

At least Pearson is doing what other managers haven't done and not rushing out to buy a dozen random blokes just to fill the squad out

Dunno about Ulloa. Always tricky with players who are great in the championship and never make the step up. Could be a Beckford or Graham, will have to see

Albrighton is a good little signing I reckon. Free too, if I played Fantasy Football i'd pick him

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbur you need to understand that Arsenal of the last 4 years would not have done this

Fabianski would have been replaced with Damien Martinez and we would have signed some 18yr old gk from somewhere to replace Martinez. Btw Martinez sucks balls. Go watch the 7-5 Arsenal vs Reading game for an example of this fool.

Sagna would have been replaced by Jenkinson and Bellerin slots on the bench. Done.

Sanchez would have ended with us signing Loic Remy.

And there would be no Chambers purchase for future at all.

Plenty of reasons for Arsenal fans to be happy. The corner is finally turning. Hasn't turned enough that we can challenge Chelsea or City by progress is definitely being made.

Oh, I understand it's a good transfer window and great by Arsenal's standards, but that's just the thing; you've become acclimatised to so many shit transfer windows that a decent one is turning out great for you.

JUST EXPECT MORE LIGHTNING

EXPECT MORE OF YOUR CLUB

Do you want to buy Marouane Fellaini

Clegg

the moral: NEVER BE SATISFIED

We've brought in two absolute improvements in starting positions and I'm still not happy
No sane United fan should be happy with the business we've done so far. We've brought in two good players but are still far behind where we should be in terms of recruitment. At least one other should've been brought in by now so he can adapt to the system in early pre-season rather than right before the league starts or even after that.

Lightning

Banned
Oh, I understand it's a good transfer window and great by Arsenal's standards, but that's just the thing; you've become acclimatised to so many shit transfer windows that a decent one is turning out great for you.

JUST EXPECT MORE LIGHTNING

EXPECT MORE OF YOUR CLUB

Do you want to buy Marouane Fellaini
We do expect more. We want a DM.

Fellaini for Vermaelen swap? I'd go for that. lol

Mastadon

Banned
At least Pearson is doing what other managers haven't done and not rushing out to buy a dozen random blokes just to fill the squad out

Dunno about Ulloa. Always tricky with players who are great in the championship and never make the step up. Could be a Beckford or Graham, will have to see

Albrighton is a good little signing I reckon. Free too, if I played Fantasy Football i'd pick him

I'm slightly biased, but I think Leicester will stay up pretty comfortably. Maybe 12th or 13th. There's some legitimate quality in that team, and Pearson is a wily manager.

Good man Wilbs.

He should come to The Netherlands with Crocodiles. Crocodiles are awesome.

They were supposed to go on the whole tour, but Crocodiles don't want to pay for their flights around.
030Qxpm.png

Will you be there?

If I'm not having any exams there, I might go.

Wooden, why is your brothers band names Gay?

I'm not quite sure and I don't think they have a good explanation themselves... But they got it tatooed on them now, so too late to change it.

They play weird low fi hipster music too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcAgNmt0stc

wedward

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 30s
If & when Chambers move to Arsenal goes through, likely Carl Jenkinson will leave on loan to gain regular first-team football #afc #saintsfc

I salute you Corporal.

Salvadora

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
If & when Chambers move to Arsenal goes through, likely Carl Jenkinson will leave on loan to gain regular first-team football #afc #saintsfc

Godspeed, Jenkinson.

Wilbur

Banned
Honestly, if Arsenal bid 30-35m on Lukaku I could see it happening, and I think it would be worth it. Won't happen though.

Who else have they signed? I think Pearson's good. Not sure exactly how he'll do, but he's a nice calm presence I think.

Linius

They were supposed to go on the whole tour, but Crocodiles don't want to pay for their flights around.
030Qxpm.png

If I'm not having any exams there, I might go.

I'm not quite sure and I don't think they have a good explanation themselves... But they got it tatooed on them now, so too late to change it.

They play weird low fi hipster music too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcAgNmt0stc

Well yeah Crocodiles are a small band themselves, where would they get the money to fly some crazy Danes around Europe :p

The song is alright. If they ever drop an album I'll check it out :p

Best Kep Secret seems to be fond of Danish bands so who knows what's in the future.

wedward

I think Arsenals interest in Pogba is real. I don't think Arsene is willing to spend that much however.

Yeah, there were rumors last summer that we were looking at him.

So assuming Chambers costs 10-15, our net is at 35-40 this summer.

Lets assume we sell TV and invest that money in a new CB.

I would imagine we still have quite a bit of money available.

Arnie

Of course the Pogba link is real, just like the Morgan link. Why? Because they're French.

You bought Debuchy and Sanogo ffs.

Well yeah Crocodiles are a small band themselves, where would they get the money to fly some crazy Danes around Europe :p

The song is alright. If they ever drop an album I'll check it out :p

Best Kep Secret seems to be fond of Danish bands so who knows what's in the future.

Well they are paying for them and their food in the UK! and they have released one m8 , only a few stores in Århus/København/London are selling it though.
Zioey3m.png

Plasma

Banned
I have no trouble believing that we'd be in for Pogba, I just don't think we'd actually manage to sign him though.

Honestly feel a bit sorry for Southampton their squad is being picked apart, I hope they manage to get some good replacements in.

I have no trouble believing that we'd be in for Pogba, I just don't think we'd actually manage to sign him though.

Honestly feel a bit sorry for Southampton their squad is being picked apart, I hope they manage to get some good replacements in.

Pogba would almost definitely cost £55m+ with big wages. Accordingly I do not believe you would be in for him unless you were offering £30 million only to be laughed out of the door.

GQman2121

Banned
That bible thread is madness. His replies to everyone :lol, just no semblance of accepting any criticism. Brilliant.

If his real name is apart of any of that garbage online--he literally has no future and should become a gold prospector or criminal.

That bible thread is madness. His replies to everyone :lol, just no semblance of accepting any criticism. Brilliant.

Have you read any of it? I was really looking for something actually funny, but the only funny thing about his bible is the fact he thinks it's funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom