• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol

Or your alcoholic manager not giving him X wages or X gametime to secure the contract yet just a few years later you're bending over backwards for Luke Shaw.

How times change.

Yeah it was a mistake of his, for sure. Has nothing to do with affording anyhow. We can afford Shaw's wages easily and we could have done so with Pogba too. Fergie simply didn't want to submit to a youth player's demands for first team football on principle.

A fuck up but he's still the best and most successful manager of all time though.

King_Moc

Banned
Clever from Mourinho. Hopefully all the Utd players read it and think the same thing.

Joey Barton's tweets today... more annoying than Ricky Gervais "IM AN ATHEIST" spiel.

Someone asking for peace between Israel and Palestine is annoying?

Shaktar Donetsk's South American players refusing to return to Ukraine, lol.

Here's what the coach said:
“It is necessary to explain what happened,” he said on Shakhtar’s website. “It is not the players’ desire, it’s their agents’ work. A few hours before the kickoff of the match against Lyonnais, Kia showed up. And after the game, at two in the morning, he took our players away. The very talented ones: Teixeira, Douglas, Fred. The rest are not so important.

LOL, "the rest are not so important".

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Clever from Mourinho. Hopefully all the Utd players read it and think the same thing.

Someone asking for peace between Israel and Palestine is annoying?

To be fair any United player that goes into LvG's office on last years performances and demands a raise :|

He would be laughed out of OT by the fans.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Samaras' car is up for sale.
e14440.gif

Lightning

Banned
OddMorsel I would like your view on Chambers? When I was dreaming about wanting him at Arsenal I can recall you saying he'd never play for us. It's now almost a reality that we'll sign him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
:lol

Or your alcoholic manager not giving him X wages or X gametime to secure the contract yet just a few years later you're bending over backwards for Luke Shaw.

How times change.
Arnie

Arnie

Arnie

Pogba earns like 9k a week :lol

Arnie

Chambers is a weird one in that I can't recall a single performance of his yet I'm utterly convinced he's a genuine talent.

It's like hearsay has turned concrete in my brain.

Word of mouth becomes fact.

Goodbye sweet Jenkinson. May your crosses grace a thousand eyes.

Don't use faux-jealousy as a smokescreen for idiotic management.
Nobody thinks it's a good idea to pay him £100k/week.

If we had to choose between having him or not - I'd choose having him everytime.

Mourinho or anyone else can say what they want about it. The club wanted to bring the player in and made a judgement on it. Whether it will end up causing discontent amongst the squad remains to the seen. It was a risk worth taking.

People can get on their high horse about it if they like. Oooooh, we made a desperate move, so bad of us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Chambers is a weird one in that I can't recall a single performance of his yet I'm utterly convinced he's a genuine talent.

It's like hearsay has turned concrete in my brain.

Word of mouth becomes fact.

Goodbye sweet Jenkinson. May your crosses grace a thousand eyes.
Arnie

Arnie

Arnie

You missed my post pls scroll up

Arnie

If anyone's up for mobilising a tricky argument it's me.

See below.
Nobody thinks it's a good idea to pay him £100k/week.

If we had to choose between having him or not - I'd choose having him everytime.

Mourinho or anyone else can say what they want about it. The club wanted to bring the player in and made a judgement on it. Whether it will end up causing discontent amongst the squad remains to the seen. It was a risk worth taking in the opinion of most people.

People can get on their high horse about it if they like.
Right, but ultimately Flanagan played half of our season at left back and we nearly won the league.

So dropping your kecks to smash your financial integrity for a BRAINDEAD 19 year old seems ultimately silly.

You work in central government so if you disagree I'm emigrating.

If anyone's up for mobilising a tricky argument it's me.

See below.

Right, but ultimately Flanagan played half of our season at left back and we nearly won the league.

So dropping your kecks to smash your financial integrity for a BRAINDEAD 19 year old seems ultimately silly.

You work in central government so if you disagree I'm emigrating.
Our financial integrity went yonks ago.

Today I did a piece of work that costs us £100k more just cos someone else couldn't be bothered to do their job properly.

Goodbye.

Arnie

I think it's prob closer to 14 or 15k actually.

It's still ridiculously low, and makes United look even worse.

Probably takes home four to five cases of Pirlo's vintage every week, though.

Try asking Fergie for a splash of his red and you'll be out the door faster than you can say "Goldenballs".

FootballFan

The big clubs are getting straight fooled by Southampton.

These players like Lambert, Lallana and Shaw are shit.

Some players just suit small clubs, and that is them.

Pogba leaving had nothing to do with money. We offered him about £30k in the end.

It's been done to death - he left because he went up against Ferguson and at that stage there was only one ending.

It's easier to just laugh at us for not playing him even before it got to contract negotiation. That's the actual mistake.

Arnie

Our financial integrity went yonks ago.

Today I did a piece of work that costs us £100k more just cos someone else couldn't be bothered to do their job properly.

Goodbye.

That's impressive, I'd love to be able to waste great swathes of cash with a simple mistake.

I spilt chicken kofta on my keyboard and my L key broke for about five minutes.

Mad five, though. Emails were an absolute puzzle.

wedward

We give too much attention to Spurs these days considering our stature.

It's a wee bit obsessive.

Sad for the guy.

Hopefully he does well on his loan and he can come back. Sell Debuchy, convert Bellerin into a winger, move Chambers to CB and give the corporal command of the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom