• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Never been impressed with Jenkinson. Don't think he's all that.

Do Arsenal-gaf think he'll be a starter/eventual starter, or forever a backup.

Lightning

Banned
Chambers played 21 games.

Clyne played 23.

Was Clyne hurt?
Several games Chambers kept Clyne on the bench. The kid is very talented, he is a very good signing.

Not going go get into a Shaw comparison though, Those are pisstakes opinions that have no purpose but to set wind ups against one another. Pointless.

Scum

5YRcF.gif

Salvadora

Not going go get into a Shaw comparison though, Those are pisstakes opinions that have no purpose but to set wind ups against one another. Pointless.
Not really.

Both young ex-Southampton fullbacks moving in the same window that were bound to be compared. Was something that I kept running into when I was looking him up.

jtb

Banned
Never been impressed with Jenkinson. Don't think he's all that.

Do Arsenal-gaf think he'll be a starter/eventual starter, or forever a backup.

Could develop into a starter, easily. Good physical tools, a damn good cross. Just needs games. With Sagna ahead of him, he's struggled to shake off the rust in the few chances he's gotten the past season.

K1LLER7

Shame Ronaldinho wasn't able to play, I bet he'd absolutely kill it in that setting.

Ronaldinho - Eto - Messi

----- Deco - Xavi -----
------- Marquez -----

Gio (?) - Puyol - Milito - Thuram

Not sure if that was the usual defence but the attack was amazing to watch. Those games between Barca and Chelsea were brilliant. Young Messi @ Stamford Bridge vs Ashley Cole. Ronaldinho doing what he does. Memories :*)

Hixx

Clever from Mourinho. Hopefully all the Utd players read it and think the same thing.

Someone asking for peace between Israel and Palestine is annoying?

No. Him using it as a sick to beat religion with was, though. In the most pompous way possible.

Messi

Shame Ronaldinho wasn't able to play, I bet he'd absolutely kill it in that setting.

Yeah, apparently the club wouldn't/didn't give him permission to play which is pretty shit.

edit: Wait, I read that somewhere earlier...it seems he missed his flight? looooool only ronnie.

Lightning

Banned
One thing Arse bros. Would you rather Chambers or that noodle from Atletico on loan? lol

Jenkinson? His defensive discipline is where I lose all patience with this guy. His attacking raids are excellent but is positioning is poor, reading of the game is poor and is not developing nearly fast enough. Whether that's Arsenal's own fault or player just never up for it I am unsure but Jenkinson came in from Charlton having only played like 22 games or something. No where near the level required. Loan him to build experience and to increase his sale fee or just get rid of him now I say.

inky

In this match I'm watching, 27th minute of the first half, the goalkeeper just went to take a FK and was close to scoring.

Oh, Mexican league, you so funny. (Vilar for those in the know. He does this every now and then and has actually scored winning goals like that).

What's more depressing is that after losing the Pogtrayer we lost Daehli. I thought Daehli was talented, but not in that bracket that Pogba, Januzaj, and Ravel were in. Thought he was just below that with James Wilson. His development over the past year is amazing.

Another blemish Fergie had with the youth team in his last years. Fergie and Paul McGuinness took too long to recognize what caliber of talent they had on their hands. If you compare to Liverpool, they have 16 and 17 year olds playing for the u21s while United don't seem to want to do that. Januzaj didn't start playing reserve football until he was about 18. Almost the same with Pogba and Ravel. Daehli didn't even play reserve football at 18. That is the reason why I think he ultimately left United. He felt impatient, as Pogba did. Despite being u18 player of the year he didn't get the call up to u21. A year later and he's doing well in the PL.

Each of those talents have proven their talent was above that level within a year. Ravel less so, but only because of his attitude.

Fergie essentially messed up another class of 92-94 (although foreign) coming through the ranks. Fuck.

ibx2qwQaZaIowG.gif

Great piece of skill from Daehli. An example of his close control that he possesses. He has amazing close control that along with his intelligence could be a really dangerous player in the future. He might even be a better player than Januzaj in the future because he has more tools to work with.

One thing Arse bros. Would you rather Chambers or that noodle from Atletico on loan? lol

Jenkinson? His defensive discipline is where I lose all patience with this guy. His attacking raids are excellent but is positioning is poor, reading of the game is poor and is not developing nearly fast enough. Whether that's Arsenal's own fault or player just never up for it I am unsure but Jenkinson came in from Charlton having only played like 22 games or something. No where near the level required. Loan him to build experience and to increase his sale fee or just get rid of him now I say.
Lacks concentration. Needs a loan and some first team experience badly.

K1LLER7

What's more depressing is that after losing the Pogtrayer we lost Daehli. I thought Daehli was talented, but not in that bracket that Pogba, Januzaj, and Ravel were in. Thought he was just below that with James Wilson. His development over the past year is amazing.

Another blemish Fergie had with the youth team in his last years. Fergie and Paul McGuinness took too long to recognize what caliber of talent they had on their hands. If you compare to Liverpool, they have 16 and 17 year olds playing for the u21s while United don't seem to want to do that. Januzaj didn't start playing reserve football until he was about 18. Almost the same with Pogba and Ravel. Daehli didn't even play reserve football at 18. That is the reason why I think he ultimately left United. He felt impatient, as Pogba did. Despite being u18 player of the year he didn't get the call up to u21. A year later and he's doing well in the PL.

Each of those talents have proven their talent was above that level within a year. Ravel less so, but only because of his attitude.

Fergie essentially messed up another class of 92-94 (although foreign) coming through the ranks. Fuck.

ibx2qwQaZaIowG.gif

Great piece of skill from Daehli. An example of his close control that he possesses. He has amazing close control that along with his intelligence could be a really dangerous player in the future. He might even be a better player than Januzaj in the future because he has more tools to work with.
Think Van Gaal would have liked him :(

King_Moc

Banned
No. Him using it as a sick to beat religion with was, though. In the most pompous way possible.

I don't see how. And I normally hate the guy. Yeah, it's a fairly standard argument about God that he posted, but most of his followers are probably idiots that have never considered it before.

omgkitty

Lightning

Banned
I think his biggest problem is he is technically very average. He doesn't look comfortable with the ball.
Jenkinson is 22 years old. He needs to be better for his age then what he is. I still reckon he'd make a better right winger than a right back. Bags of pace, can cross nice, plenty of energy to track back and would just need to work on his link up play and shooting. His defending is just terrible.

He was largely to blame for Chelsea knocking us out of the Capital One cup.

GorillaJu

Manquillo is a better talent than Chambers, and he'll be half the price when we buy him.

Yeah, apparently the club wouldn't/didn't give him permission to play which is pretty shit.

edit: Wait, I read that somewhere earlier...it seems he missed his flight? looooool only ronnie.

You're right, ESPN Brazil are saying Mineiro gave him a release to miss 3 training sessions and a match on Sunday, but he managed to miss the flight to Portugal.

GorillaJu

Some of us Premfaces have to take the burden of actually watching other football matches to stop you from embarrassing us all. He played vs Real Madrid in the CDR and he was exceptional.

Also landed on his face .

http://i.minus.com/ibx2qwQaZaIowG.gif[/IMG

Great piece of skill from Daehli. An example of his close control that he possesses. He has amazing close control that along with his intelligence could be a really dangerous player in the future. He might even be a better player than Januzaj in the future because he has more tools to work with.[/QUOTE]United put alot of emphasis on the Academy side though. Pogba and Morrison could easily have stepped up from Academy level but the club wanted them to play in the Youth Cup and to help the team. Wilson got alot of stick from people at the club for not doing better in the Youth Cup game last year.

Daehli left because he fell out with Joyce afaik.

Also IMO Wilson has looked much better than Daehli did at u21 level. Wilson's progress last year was amazing.

United put alot of emphasis on the Academy side though. Pogba and Morrison could easily have stepped up from Academy level but the club wanted them to play in the Youth Cup and to help the team. Wilson got alot of stick from people at the club for not doing better in the Youth Cup game last year.

Daehli left because he fell out with Joyce afaik.

Also IMO Wilson has looked much better than Daehli did at u21 level. Wilson's progress last year was amazing.

Wilson got to play for the u21s and the FA youth cup. Same with Pereira and Janko. Ravel and Pogba should have played a majority of their games at u21 apart from FA youth cup matches. Daehli didn't play u21 football for United. Got 3 sub appearances at the end of matches. Never given a chance.

Daehli proved that he was above u21 level football last season. I think Wilson has done the same now, but in the Januzaj route. Both player at 18 years old were given u21 football and outclassed everyone at that level. Maybe Daehli would have done the same, I think so after his last year. We'll never know now.

Young foreign talents are more prone to being impatient because they are comfortable leaving England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom