• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

A lot of that though includes incentives which won't get paid until following seasons, Definitely the case with Sanchez and Debuchy, Likely Chambers too.

And no way are we paying 38m for Carvalho.

I think we will work it out with Southampton for Schneiderlin. Probabaly going to pay more than we want to, but the options are limited and we need someone.

Barzul

Ahh, didn't know you'd sold anyone yet to be honest. Carvalho will cost £38m. Chambers £12-15m, Sanchez £30-35m, Debuchy £10-12m, Ospina £4m. Pretty close to £100m spent if those all panned out.

We won't pay that. And if there are no other suitors I think we'll get him for around 24m. He won't go for his clause, of that I'm certain. And Carvahlo's clause is 34m. It was reported in Portugese press.

nitewulf

Arsenal fans we have truly reached the promised land it seems. We've gone from being reactive AF to being proactive. Ospina, Debuchy, Sanchez, Chambers in the bag. Being linked with hot talents like Carvahlo, Schneiderlin and Pogba and the funny thing is you believe we can actually pull it off. If you told me two years ago this would be happening I would laugh in your face. I think we'll probably end up with Willy C at DM. I'm not sure Soton will sell again after this and Lovren. I think a DM will be the final signing of the window unless Vermaelen leaves. All before the season starts. Wow.
Hadareud is still crying about the loss of Bendtner.

Barzul

Yeah, Sporting are going to cap off CL qualification by flogging their best player well under his clause.

Barzul ITK

Why the hell does that O Jogo article exist where it says if we paid 24m upfront a deal could happen. It smells of an agent or club leaking that to the press and last I checked, Arsenal isn't in Portugal. They could hold on to him and he gets hurt or something else happens and his value lessens. There's little interest from elsewhere with Moyes gone. If they think they'll get more elsewhere, they can stand their ground. We'll simply move to other targets.

K1LLER7

Don't think either of Herrera or Fletcher will start. Both had 90mins last game.

Cleverley and Kagawa midfield. Hernandez up front.

wedward

Why the hell does that O Jogo article exist where it says if we paid 24m upfront a deal could happen. It smells of an agent or club leaking that to the press and last I checked, Arsenal isn't in Portugal. They could hold on to him and he gets hurt or something else happens and his value lessens. There's little interest from elsewhere with Moyes gone. If they think they'll get more elsewhere, they can stand their ground. We'll simply move to other targets.

Just pay 20 something for Schneiderlin.

We have the money.

We need the player.

He was one of the best midfielders in the league last year. He is only 24.

@JamieJackson___
Follow
Van Gaal will speak privately to Mourinho about his claim over Shaw's wage demands re joining #cfc not #mufc, he has just said

Lightning

Banned
:lol

I lack Arnie's tolerance for this shite
I'm finding it pretty funny, especially if he actually believes that shite.

I think Schneiderlin is our best bet or depending how the situation with Khedira develops. If Khedira can't find a club, he'll lose his spot at Madrid now, then he MAY bring his wage demands back to reality,

@JamieJackson___
Follow
Van Gaal will speak privately to Mourinho about his claim over Shaw's wage demands re joining #cfc not #mufc, he has just said

How I assume this conversation actually went, before being twitterized:

Journalist : Yo Gaal m8, did you hear Mourinho's comments?
Gaal : No?
Journalist : He said Shaw is too expensive and bla bla bla
Gaal : Oh? I will speak to him privately about that.

Barzul

I'm finding it pretty funny, especially if he actually believes that shite.

I think Schneiderlin is our best bet or depending how the situation with Khedira develops. If Khedira can't find a club, he'll lose his spot at Madrid now, then he MAY bring his wage demands back to reality,

That story din't come out of thin air. There have been reports that we have been scouting Carvalho over the last year. There is interest, Ornstein says Khedira deal is dead. I believe him. I doubt Scheiderlin is the only other name on our list, that would be incredibly incompetent.

Meier

We won't pay that. And if there are no other suitors I think we'll get him for around 24m. He won't go for his clause, of that I'm certain. And Carvahlo's clause is 34m. It was reported in Portugese press.
It's been mentioned as €45m for quite awhile, but it could be €40m I suppose. Hard to say. Assuming it is indeed €40m, Sporting own 60% apparently. So Gestifute will definitely want €16m for their 40% because they won't agree he's worth anything less than his buyout clause. Do you think Sporting will take €14m for their 60%? No chance. What does €14m even do for them?

Barzul

It's been mentioned as €45m for quite awhile, but it could be €40m I suppose. Hard to say. Assuming it is indeed €40m, Sporting own 60% apparently. So Gestifute will definitely want €16m for their 40% because they won't agree he's worth anything less than his buyout clause. Do you think Sporting will take €14m for their 60%? No chance. What does €14m even do for them?

And they may never get that much from anyone. If they believe they'll get it, all power to them. But I know Arsenal won't pay it. Guess we'll see how it pans out. It's between him and Schneiderlin at this point in my eyes. I'd be happy with either.

IlmtLOyh.jpg

-

Apparently Chambers also played in midfield before being moved to RB. So that's DM, CB and RB. Seems like a very versatile young player.

Barzul

-

Apparently Chambers also played in midfield before being moved to RB. So that's DM, CB and RB. Seems like a very versatile young player.

Most seem to think he'll end up at CB. Seems like a direct replacement for Sagna's role in the team last season. We still need another CB if Vermaelen goes.

jtb

Banned
And they may never get that much from anyone. If they believe they'll get it, all power to them. But I know Arsenal won't pay it. Guess we'll see how it pans out. It's between him and Schneiderlin at this point in my eyes. I'd be happy with either.

in a world where Monacos and Zenits exist, I'm sure they can find someone willing to pay the #fullamount

Dark Rider

surprisingly the WC and the transfers didn't kill me
yet

transfers impressions:
happy news for me: we didn't buy suárez
sad news for me: nothing so far

everyone post your transfers happy news and sad news so far :p

jtb

Banned
also, I would hate to doubt the mythical Dean, but is there any reliable sources saying that we got anywhere near 13m for Vela? that seems like incredibly optimistic math.

clubs in la liga are fucking broke, Griezmann's about to go for cheap, and Sociedad are about to fork over 13m for a player they already own and Wenger doesn't want? I'm skeptical.

wedward

also, I would hate to doubt the mythical Dean, but is there any reliable sources saying that we got anywhere near 13m for Vela? that seems like incredibly optimistic math.

clubs in la liga are fucking broke, Griezmann's about to go for cheap, and Sociedad are about to fork over 13m for a player they already own and Wenger doesn't want? I'm skeptical.

Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-four-year-deal-to-stay-at-Real-Sociedad.html

They didn't own him. For 3 he would have been ours and I assume he wanted to come to Arsenal.

Blablurn

Today is Telekom Cup

Samstag, 26. Juli:

18.30 Uhr: Hamburger SV - VfL Wolfsburg (im Livestream und auf Sat.1)

20.30 Uhr: FC Bayern München - Borussia Mönchengladbach (im Livestream und auf Sat.1)

Sonntag, 27. Juli:

16.30 Uhr: Spiel um Platz 3 (im Livestream und auf Sat.1)

18.15 Uhr: Finale (im Livestream und auf Sat.1)

jtb

Banned
I can't wait for the Mourinho/LVG blood feud to commence. way too much "blah blah I respect my mentor" garbage for that CL final a few years ago, time to take the gloves off.

Lightning

Banned
If we manage to get Schneiderlin then what a summer this will have been. Not only improved the first team, which was already good, but also improved the depth in the club too,

In

Schneiderlin
Debuchy
Chambers
Sanchez
Ospina

Out

Bendtner
Park
Fabianski
Sagna (Welp)

That for me is an excellent improvement.

rodvik

Can anyone remember a faster and more brutal hacking apart of a decent club than Southampton this window?

I mean all clubs lose their best player two every now and again, maybe their manager. But all this at once? Its like a feeding frenzy.

Showaddy

I really can't; at least they're getting big money for their players though, not exactly robbery when you've got Shaw going for £30 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom