• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilson got to play for the u21s and the FA youth cup. Same with Pereira and Janko. Ravel and Pogba should have played a majority of their games at u21 apart from FA youth cup matches. Daehli didn't play u21 football for United. Got 3 sub appearances at the end of matches. Never given a chance.

Daehli proved that he was above u21 level football last season. I think Wilson has done the same now, but in the Januzaj route. Both player at 18 years old were given u21 football and outclassed everyone at that level. Maybe Daehli would have done the same, I think so after his last year. We'll never know now.

Young foreign talents are more prone to being impatient because they are comfortable leaving England.

That;s true.

Another problem we've had is a bloated first team squad limiting the opportunities for the younger players.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
ffs one of our country's players is joining the Premiere League (Yeah, West Brom, I know, but it's still playing at the best league in the world), and all the media keeps talking about is how Pinto was a mega cunt and everyone hated him. Just, let it go already, keep talking about Navas' incoming kick to Casillas' spot.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Without you within me, I can find no rest
Where I'm goin' is anybody's guess

Voices tell me I should carry on
But I am swimming in an ocean all alone
Bb, my bb, it's written on your face
You still wonder if we made a big mistake

I tried to go on like I never knew you
I'm awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you, all I'm going to be is incomplete

-

really hungry and we can't order food now, everything is closed. Fuck Allegri. (I was gonna say Ramadan but I dont think I can say that ;_;)

Without you within me, I can find no rest
Where I'm goin' is anybody's guess

Voices tell me I should carry on
But I am swimming in an ocean all alone
Bb, my bb, it's written on your face
You still wonder if we made a big mistake

I tried to go on like I never knew you
I'm awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you, all I'm going to be is incomplete

-

really hungry and we can't order food now, everything is closed. Fuck Allegri. (I was gonna say Ramadan but I dont think I can say that ;_;)

No sex and no food. Worst night ever.

Jarnet87

That;s true.

Another problem we've had is a bloated first team squad limiting the opportunities for the younger players.

we've got a bloated squad full of shit, Moyes and Fergie could have easily given talented youngsters starts over sub par first team squad players.

That;s true.

That's a big problem too. Pearson suffered in the first half of last season because he couldn't play because he was too old for u18s, but had older players in front of him at u21 level.

Some players stuck in the u21s should be let go of already or put on loan somewhere. United should be more ruthless. Why is Ben Amos still at the club? He just takes minutes away from his young teammates at u21 level.

Pennywise

what
there's a fucking digital store m8. and it's cheaper!

I know.
Problem is I didn't wanna spend any money on it.

Used amazon trade in to get a coupon from amazon.
Traded in Tales of the Abyss for the 3ds, Mass Effect Trilogy and Watchdogs (wanted to get rid of that piece of shit) and got 85€ out.

So I'm getting TLOU and can use the rest for Driveclub where I only need to pay 20€ to begin with.

What is 18+ delivery? Does a stripper take it to your house or something?

A fucking annoying system for articles that are 18+.
If you order them online, you've gotta show your ID card and it costs 5€ extra...

Barzul

Arsenal fans we have truly reached the promised land it seems. We've gone from being reactive AF to being proactive. Ospina, Debuchy, Sanchez, Chambers in the bag. Being linked with hot talents like Carvahlo, Schneiderlin and Pogba and the funny thing is you believe we can actually pull it off. If you told me two years ago this would be happening I would laugh in your face. I think we'll probably end up with Willy C at DM. I'm not sure Soton will sell again after this and Lovren. I think a DM will be the final signing of the window unless Vermaelen leaves. All before the season starts. Wow.

omgkitty

Arsenal fans we have truly reached the promised land it seems. We've gone from being reactive AF to being proactive. Ospina, Debuchy, Sanchez, Chambers in the bag. Being linked with hot talents like Carvahlo, Schneiderlin and Pogba and the funny thing is you believe we can actually pull it off. If you told me two years ago this would be happening I would laugh in your face. I think we'll probably end up with Willy C at DM. I'm not sure Soton will sell again after this and Lovren. I think a DM will be the final signing of the window unless Vermaelen leaves. All before the season starts. Wow.

I still think we should pick up Nastasic though, and have Chambers as backup RB and then also backup CB, with Bellerin slotting in at RB if necessary.

wedward

Yup, this is what Gazidis and Wenger have been talking about the past couple years. There are now only a handful of clubs that can really out spend us and those are mainly Oil clubs(City, Chelsea, and PSG) and the traditional massive clubs (Barca, Madrid and United). We are no longer tied down to long commercial deals and hopefully our revenue should continue to increase.

Meier

He is going to cost 60m?

Our net is 35-40 depending on what we end up paying for Chambers.
Ahh, didn't know you'd sold anyone yet to be honest. Carvalho will cost £38m. Chambers £12-15m, Sanchez £30-35m, Debuchy £10-12m, Ospina £4m. Pretty close to £100m spent if those all panned out.

Salazar

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 5m
Tom Cleverley is with van Gaal & says: "I watched the Netherlands in the World Cup and I think I'm going to be his type of player." #mutour

no fuckin way

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes 28s
Van Gaal says #MUFC must wait to see how Kevin Strootman recovers from injury before deciding whether to move for him

Lightning

Banned
Ahh, didn't know you'd sold anyone yet to be honest. Carvalho will cost £38m. Chambers £12-15m, Sanchez £30-35m, Debuchy £10-12m, Ospina £4m. Pretty close to £100m spent if those all panned out.
A lot of that though includes incentives which won't get paid until following seasons, Definitely the case with Sanchez and Debuchy, Likely Chambers too.

And no way are we paying 38m for Carvalho.

‏@ManUtd 19m
PIC: Double rainbow in Denver. All the way.

BtcBqSACcAASEaN.jpg

image.php

wedward

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 5m
Tom Cleverley is with van Gaal & says: "I watched the Netherlands in the World Cup and I think I'm going to be his type of player." #mutour

no fuckin way

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes 28s
Van Gaal says #MUFC must wait to see how Kevin Strootman recovers from injury before deciding whether to move for him

Fuck sake. I was on my way to post this. Hoped I would be first.

Looks like he won't be come to Arsenal after all.

Meier

And no way are we paying 38m for Carvalho.
Which means you guys won't get him. That's his price. He's under contract until 2018 and Jorge Mendes is his agent. Not sure how much Gestifute own, but they're going to get their fee and they won't let Sporting budge I'm sure.

Lightning

Banned
Which means you guys won't get him. That's his price. He's under contract until 2018 and Jorge Mendes is his agent. Not sure how much Gestifute own, but they're going to get their fee and they won't let Sporting budge I'm sure.
Buying a DM does not mean buying him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom