• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showaddy

So throw in another 35 million for Chambers & Lovren + however much Schneiderlin might go for... Well over £100 million, which hopefully they'll be able to chuck most of back in to players.

jtb

Banned
I doubt Southampton buy many players. you'd imagine they'd keep some kind of spine together if that was the case. it's probably cheaper to rebuild in the Championship w/ parachute payments and do a quick one season turnaround then it is to cling on to the Premier League anyways and if they can stay in the PL with just their young players and the occasional good bargain, then even better.

GorillaJu

Lallana is going to prove to be a terrible purchase. I can feel it.

ibwCxLwyn7ienC.gif

GQman2121

Banned
I get you, buying British seems like a double edged sword

They can't all be Sturridge's.

Anyway, here are all the shirts in the Premier League for this season.

I think West Ham looks great. Swans looks nice and clean too.

Newcastle is a shame. It's as if the stripes just fall off a cliff into a black hole at the chest.

W2FQeVt.jpg

cremino

So the possible new head of the italian FA is an old racist.....fantastic......

http://www.football-italia.net/52620/figc-candidate-tavecchios-racist-gaffe

That's what he said:

Carlo Tavecchio, set to become the new Federation President, was caught making an embarrassing racist gaffe.

The current President of the LND (amateur League) is the hot favourite to beat Demetrio Albertini in a vote for new President of the FIGC.

He put forward his proposals in a long and rambling speech today, but media have now picked up on an unfortunate turn of phrase.

Tavecchio was trying to suggest Italy adopt England’s system of players getting a work permit before they are allowed into the country’s teams.

“Welcoming is one thing, but playing football is another,” said the 71-year-old.

“In England they identify the players coming in and, if they are professional, they are allowed to play.

“Instead, here we say that any old Opti Pobà can come here, before he was eating bananas, now he’s playing in the Lazio first XI.

“In England the players have to prove their curriculum and pedigree first.”

Naturally, references to eating bananas and the invention of a fake African-sounding name caused consternation.

Lallana will be fine as long as fans expectations of him are realistic.

I can just easily see him ending up being second choice in about 4 positions, especially if Coutinho performs well this season. And for £20-25m, that won't be good enough imo, even if it would add much welcome depth to the attacking unit

I feel very confident that Skrtel will be boss next year

Lightning

Banned
I can just easily see him ending up being second choice in about 4 positions, especially if Coutinho performs well this season. And for £20-25m, that won't be good enough imo, even if it would add much welcome depth to the attacking unit

I feel very confident that Skrtel will be boss next year
You won't feel that way after extremely tough away cl games drain the shit out of your squad and then you have a must win pl game 3 days later. As for the fee, get used to it as prices are only going to go up. Getting the players in, even if they are not world class is more important.

choodi

Banned
They can't all be Sturridge's.

Anyway, here are all the shirts in the Premier League for this season.

I think West Ham looks great. Swans looks nice and clean too.

Newcastle is a shame. It's as if the stripes just fall off a cliff into a black hole at the chest.

W2FQeVt.jpg

That's not the right Newcastle jersey.

The real one is even uglier. Probably the worst jersey this season.

This is the hideous monstrosity

Newcastle-14-15-Home-Kit.jpg

i'm amazed how drawn out some of these transfers LFC are doing are taking like Origi, Lovren etc, and who knows what other players wee could be going for, assuming we are going to use the Suarez money

i'm amazed how drawn out some of these transfers LFC are doing are taking like Origi, Lovren etc, and who knows what other players wee could be going for, assuming we are going to use the Suarez money

tbf there's absolutely no reason to rush either of those

There's nobody else trying to buy them, and with Origi in particular it makes no difference if we sign him now or on deadline day, since he's going back to Lille for a year regardless

Arnie

I actually think the whole thing's been rather swift.

You can't really focus too much on multiple players at once so there's been a steady stream of activity from one player till the next. Remy's paperwork's being finished and Lovren's in for a medical. Next day we sign Origi. It's quick and we're making some extremely astute signings.

We're also signing the likes of Lallana and Lovren for inflated fees. Rather not talk about those.

Can and Markovic are the two big ones this summer, though. The club think they're going to be very, very good and after watching the former play I'm inclined to agree.

Assuming we get Remy and Lovren, which player can we least afford to get a long-term injury?

I'd still say Sturridge

Without Suarez though, there is no position where the replacement is a massive downgrade for the first-choice (assuming Remy is good). Not that that's a good thing.

This is the training Navas does? Fuckin hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pW7dH0VUxI

Fucking hell that's intense

Assuming we get Remy and Lovren, which player can we least afford to get a long-term injury?

I'd still say Sturridge

Without Suarez though, there is no position where the replacement is a massive downgrade for the first-choice (assuming Remy is good). Not that that's a good thing.

For someone who would be integral to the title challenge I would say Sterling/Markovic

3Sixty

I'd still say Sturridge

I can't believe you're not signing a Suarez replacement.

If Rickie Lambert has to start more than a handful of games you're fucked.

I can't believe you're not signing a Suarez replacement.

If Rickie Lambert has to start more than a handful of games you're fucked.

I can't believe we're seemingly not even trying

If we threw a fuck-tonne of money at Sanchez, Shaqiri and Griezmann and they all turned us down, fine. We seem to have given up after Sanchez chose London though

#onlyreason

I don't think replacing him with a top class striker was ever in question tbh with Sturridge, the lack of top strikers on the market (let alone ones willing to join us), and the system we employ necessitating a very specific type of striker to play without sacrificing Sturridge by playing him wide.

Arnie

We are definitely going to have chats about Lallana
Preparing my defence as we speak.

All of which serves a double purpose incase Joe Allen comes under further criticism.

I'd still say Sturridge

Sturridge.

He's a world class striker and if he gets injured we don't have a suitable replacement for that.

Remy and Lambert are good. But over a course of a season good won't win you enough games to do much.
Origi is a good buy. The opposite of that donkey Sanogo.
Both Origi and Can, for less than £10 million, are believed to be the sort of players that after a single season under Rodgers will be worth over double that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom