• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preparing my defence as we speak.

All of which serves a double purpose incase Joe Allen comes under further criticism.

Sturridge.

He's a world class striker and if he gets injured we don't have a suitable replacement for that.

Remy and Lambert are good. But over a course of a season good won't win you enough games to do much.

Both Origi and Can, for less than £10 million, are believed to be the sort of players that after a single season under Rodgers will be worth over double that.

Do you get the feeling that Allen has somehow found his peak level for us? Good option, perfectly capable and unlikely to be shit in any given game, but not exactly someone you'd want starting every game

LTWheels

I can't believe you're not signing a Suarez replacement.

If Rickie Lambert has to start more than a handful of games you're fucked.

There is no such thing as a Suarez replacement. No one plays like him.

Liverpool have never ever signed marquee players. We have always signed players looking to make the next step. Like Suarez, Alonso and Torres.

The equivalent this window would be Markovic and Chan. But we have signed the maybe a year or two early in order to secure them.

If Coutinho could learn to finish he would be the next player starting to make the step up.

The only gk stat that matters: 0 mistakes

j42IvlMRV8cWJ.png

There is no such thing as a Suarez replacement. No one plays like him.

Liverpool have never ever signed marquee players. We have always signed players looking to make the next step. Like Suarez, Alonso and Torres.

The equivalent this window would be Markovic and Chan. But we have signed the maybe a year or two early in order to secure them.

If Coutinho could learn to finish he would be the next player starting to make the step up.

Call me a stupid twat if that's what I'm being, but Coutinho's main problem isn't the finishing itself, it's the failing to accept that he's not very good at shooting, and thus wasting 3+ attacks per game with dreadful shots when he'd be better off just shifting the ball onto someone else or dribbling

Well, on second thought his main problem is consistency. And that is troubling

The only gk stat that matters: 0 mistakes

j42IvlMRV8cWJ.png

Was not expecting Mignolet's box-command and distribution stats to be among the better ones there

Passes can be explained with our willingness to pass the ball to him, and for the defenders to receive it from him rather than kicking it long, but I can't explain the punches and catches

Was not expecting Mignolet's box-command and distribution stats to be among the better ones there

Passes can be explained with our willingness to pass the ball to him, and for the defenders to receive it from him rather than kicking it long, but I can't explain the punches and catches

People take more shots, you do more of those things?

Today is Telekom Cup

Samstag, 26. Juli:

18.30 Uhr: Hamburger SV - VfL Wolfsburg (im Livestream und auf Sat.1)

20.30 Uhr: FC Bayern München - Borussia Mönchengladbach (im Livestream und auf Sat.1)

Sonntag, 27. Juli:

16.30 Uhr: Spiel um Platz 3 (im Livestream und auf Sat.1)

18.15 Uhr: Finale (im Livestream und auf Sat.1)

Is it bad that the existence of this cup made me kinda happy right now?

I think I need football back in my life, haven't watched a match since the WC ended.

Tomorrow, though, BVB pre-season match on Sport1!

Blablurn

Is it bad that the existence of this cup made me kinda happy right now?

I think I need football back in my life, haven't watched a match since the WC ended.

Tomorrow, though, BVB pre-season match on Sport1!

I'm sure Gladbach kicking our asses will make you even happier tonight!

Kicker fullback ranking:

Internationale Klasse:
Alaba
Höwedes
Rodriquez

Im weiteren Kreis:
Durm
Johnson
Rafinha

Blickfeld:
Schmelzer
Piszczek

Really think they're off with this one. Höwedes that high and even above Rodriguez is really ridiculous. Schmelzer is understandable as he has hardly played in the last 6 month. Piszczek should have been higher, though. He didn't really get back to his old form yet but come on, he wasn't worse than the likes of Rafinha, Park or Pospech.

Arnie

Do you get the feeling that Allen has somehow found his peak level for us? Good option, perfectly capable and unlikely to be shit in any given game, but not exactly someone you'd want starting every game

I like Allen, I always have, mostly because his first 10 performances for Liverpool were phenomenal, but I'd agree it's pretty clear he's not kicking on as anyone would've liked.

It's not Cleverley level, because Allen's actually really good at certain things, but there's a lack of edge to his play which you'd expect. He needs to be better at killing teams with passes, dribbles and shots, whereas now his most dangerous aspect is his ability to press.

Really worried Lallana's going to be the same. Pressing is good and we're going to need it in spades but once we get the ball I want us to murder a team. Coutinho's perfect for that.

Zabojnik

So the possible new head of the italian FA is an old racist.....fantastic......

http://www.football-italia.net/52620/figc-candidate-tavecchios-racist-gaffe

That's what he said:

Carlo Tavecchio, set to become the new Federation President, was caught making an embarrassing racist gaffe.

The current President of the LND (amateur League) is the hot favourite to beat Demetrio Albertini in a vote for new President of the FIGC.

He put forward his proposals in a long and rambling speech today, but media have now picked up on an unfortunate turn of phrase.

Tavecchio was trying to suggest Italy adopt England’s system of players getting a work permit before they are allowed into the country’s teams.

“Welcoming is one thing, but playing football is another,” said the 71-year-old.

“In England they identify the players coming in and, if they are professional, they are allowed to play.

“Instead, here we say that any old Opti Pobà can come here, before he was eating bananas, now he’s playing in the Lazio first XI.

“In England the players have to prove their curriculum and pedigree first.”

Naturally, references to eating bananas and the invention of a fake African-sounding name caused consternation.

Incredbile, just incredible. And Juve and Roma are the only two clubs opposed to his nomination. I don't know if Albertini or Agnelli would make better FIGC presidents, but it's very hard not to think so. Instead Italy is getting a 71-old racist. Who is also - surprise, surprise - an Interista. Calcio truly is dead. We need a cleansing fire or a fucking terrorist attack, whatever gets us rid of these incompetent old fucks.

ffs, Mussis still not in our squad. Oh well, we better win today after the terrible 0-0 draw in the first match.

Also wooh, Luca Rigoni has gone to Palermo. He has only been rumored there for like 5 years.

D_prOdigy

(for bla)

when chinese postgrad starts talking to you on this nearby-people app, be like

i25FRJo.jpg

"I remember you because u look like a sad vampire"

Oh.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
JuveGAF is hands-down my favourite fandom.
Zooey_Deschanel_by_JuanitoTheVampire.gif

Incredbile, just incredible. And Juve and Roma are the only two clubs opposed to his nomination. I don't know if Albertini or Agnelli would make better FIGC presidents, but it's very hard not to think so. Instead Italy is getting a 71-old racist. Who is also - surprise, surprise - an Interista. Calcio truly is dead. We need a cleansing fire or a fucking terrorist attack, whatever gets us rid of these incompetent old fucks.
I'm past the point of getting angry, now I'm just laughing at everything. This whole thing is fucking HYSTERICAL! I really do wish we appoint him. And Albertini :lol he still stinks of Italy 2014, the only thing he's got going for him is that he's not Tavecchio :lol

No sex and no food. Worst night ever.

actually

82462-nina-dobrev-shy-smile-gif-dbQt.gif

and we survived the night by eating my protein bars and drinking energy drinks
KuGsj.gif
the food of champions
KuGsj.gif
......wait, why am I laughing, THIS IS SO SAD

fuck allegri

bud

i ate quark last night.

i eat quark every night now.

it's the last thing i eat before sleeping.

does anyone here ever drink chai? it's so good. you put in some fennel seeds, cardamom seeds, some cinnamon, and some mint--and it's pretty much the best thing ever. i've never tried it with ginger, and pepper, etc. don't want to either, really.

i ate quark last night.

i eat quark every night now.

it's the last thing i eat before sleeping.

does anyone here ever drink chai? it's so good. you put in some fennel seeds, cardamom seeds, some cinnamon, and some mint--and it's pretty much the best thing ever. i've never tried it with ginger, and pepper, etc. don't want to either, really.

Indian Masala Chai

is the shizznit

have it every day

because I am in India.

Oh god were going to wait for Strootman in January aren't we.

Stupid club.

Doesn't really matter though does it? He won't come back until late October or November. It would be what, 10 months since he last played or something like that? To top it off he might not have the same athleticism, not that his game was based on that, but it can only hurt him.

The only downside is that he might cost more in January if he does play at a similar level to last season.

Arnie

It's sensible to wait until January to buy him.

It isn't sensible to just target fucking Dutch players because you've got LVG.

You'll end up buying Blind, Dr Vriij, Strootman (Jan) and Vermaelen (Flemish).

It's nuts. You're basically fucking Newcastle.

Doesn't really matter though does it? He won't come back until late October or November. It would be what, 10 months since he last played or something like that? To top it off he might not have the same athleticism, not that his game was based on that, but it can only hurt him.

The only downside is that he might cost more in January if he does play at a similar level to last season.
I don't mind waiting to buy him.

I mean were not going to get anyone else, cos were waiting for him.

Go for De Jong. He's an upgrade over everyone bar Herrera. He's a dm and we currently have none. He'll be cheap, knows Ra's system, and just had a great season for Milan. Would rather someone better, but I would rather get him than get no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom