• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

LOOOOOOOOL Isco is for sale?!?!

and we're looking for a number 10 now too. Fuck you Madrid.

not like he was gonna pick Juve anyway :lol

He's more like Juan Mata or Coutinho than Sanchez. I think you guys need a dribbling #10, not a play-maker.

FootballFan

Isco is up for sale according to the DM. He will be sold to fund the James Rodridguez move. He'd a be a huge buy for a PL team.

I still remember waiting to see Valencia starting lineups to see if he was starting(rarely did). Then when he joined Malaga I pretty much watched every match just to see him boss it.

What a waste of a season joining Madrid and playing shit all(showing me stats that he played 50 games each 4 minutes doesn't mean anything)

I hope that rumour is true and he is on his way out. He is a Barca supporter and a great player, him and his pet dog Messi really should've gone to Man City.

I just hope his talent hasn't died by wasting a year.

Hindle

Banned
They're selling Di Maria and Khedira as well, which to me is a mistake. Both those players were integral to Madrid winning the CL.

Zabojnik

Alright, so it's looking like we might actually sign Rabiot. One more jigsaw piece falling into place in the Vidal to United deal. Pirlo, Marchisio, Pogba, Pereyra, Rabiot, Coman ... and if were to use Vidal's money to get a solid winger, say, Griezmann ... Yeah, I could live with that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He's more like Juan Mata or Coutinho than Sanchez. I think you guys need a dribbling #10, not a play-maker.
That's true, but Allegri wants to Allegri and he's asking for playmaker.

One of the candidates is Pastore (lol, for various reasons). But we all know it's going to be Udinese's Pereyrlwjak5rn or Giovinco.

Alright, so it's looking like we might actually sign Rabiot.

but he's coming next season!

and this not a racist post (well maybe it is just a little) but can we please stop signing SA players? ;_;

WJD

Really don't understand how Madrid are intending to balance their team this season.

Ronaldo up front with Bale and Rodriguez either side? 3 in midfield? A defensively suspect pairing of Kroos and Modric?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't know why we're fucking with PSG like this, that's the 2nd youngster we're stealing. Did they hang up the phone when we asked them about Verratti?

tbh I would hang up the phone if Marotta was on the other end. And I'd hang up the phone if I were Verratti too, who the fuck wants Juve.

Hindle

Banned
I still remember waiting to see Valencia starting lineups to see if he was starting(rarely did). Then when he joined Malaga I pretty much watched every match just to see him boss it.

What a waste of a season joining Madrid and playing shit all(showing me stats that he played 50 games each 4 minutes doesn't mean anything)

I hope that rumour is true and he is on his way out. He is a Barca supporter and a great player, him and his pet dog Messi really should've gone to Man City.

I just hope his talent hasn't died by wasting a year.

Stupid for any young promising player to go to Real IMO. They'll just be chewed up and spat out, like so many players. Think he'll go to Monaco, or City, then get a move to Barca from there.

GQman2121

Banned
Alright, so it's looking like we might actually sign Rabiot. One more jigsaw piece falling into place in the Vidal to United deal. Pirlo, Marchisio, Pogba, Pereyra, Rabiot, Coman ... and if were to use Vidal's money to get a solid winger, say, Griezmann ... Yeah, I could live with that.

What's the number out there for Rabiot? Saw we bid £7m which seems on the low end. Not offensively low, but he apparently wants out of Paris and will not renew with them.

GorillaJu

That's true, but Allegri wants to Allegri and he's asking for playmaker.

One of the candidates is Pastore (lol, for various reasons). But we all know it's going to be Udinese's Pereyrlwjak5rn or Giovinco.

but he's coming next season!

and this not a racist post (well maybe it is just a little) but can we please stop signing SA players? ;_;

It would seem like overkill that you have four top, top class controllers of the ball, basically ticking all boxes between the four of them, and then sign Isco. Whenever I've watched Juve it seemed like what you lacked most was wide runners, but I guess when you have Vidal you can play more centrally since you have such a goal scoring threat through the middle.

Allegri played a kind of 4-3-3 at Milan, didn't he? If he wants to move Juve away from 3-5-2 to 4-3-3, I think the first thing he'll need to do is look at getting some fast, nippy fullbacks.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's all about that future now. Time to get another cycle going with Alleg...urgh.
giphy.gif

Can you imagine this thread
giphy.gif

when he'll score his first goal
giphy.gif

With the full might of United-GAF
giphy.gif

Hmm, if Utd get Vidal....jesus :(

Lightning, why do you want Khedira so much? He's average :/

Tbh - as amazing as it would be if we did manage to get him, he's still only one player. A very good one sure but we need to sort quite a few things out in this window still.

We need LB cover and a CB at the very least.

Less than 4 weeks until the season starts and these key problems are yet to be addressed. Even if we had signed the required players there might have been a question around the players gelling and generally adapting to the new management/playing style -but we're not even at that stage yet.

We're 2 weeks away from panic stations IMO.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It would seem like overkill that you have four top, top class controllers of the ball, basically ticking all boxes between the four of them, and then sign Isco. Whenever I've watched Juve it seemed like what you lacked most was wide runners, but I guess when you have Vidal you can play more centrally since you have such a goal scoring threat through the middle.

Allegri played a kind of 4-3-3 at Milan, didn't he? If he wants to move Juve away from 3-5-2 to 4-3-3, I think the first thing he'll need to do is look at getting some fast, nippy fullbacks.
:(

We do need pacy fullbacks as well yeah,and I sure hope Evra isn't our fucking 'solution'. I think we're trying to get Candreva too, but Lazio are asking for 35 million :lol Ogbonna could go the other way apparently...but still, we're still going to pay 20-something for a 28 y/o.

Stephan is the fastest one in our team to begin with so all we need is a proper left fullback.

He's not average and he'd improve our midfield to help prevent teams steam rolling our midfielders.

If Wenger is changing his tactics and going back to the style we used to play when we were winning shit, then we dont need a true DM and he would be perfect for us.

We need to get away from this boring and useless possession based football.

Scum

Negredo's dead already. Eurosport says it's a fractured metatarsal. Sidelined for a "few monhs".

FootballFan

If Wenger is changing his tactics and going back to the style we used to play when we were winning shit, then we dont need a true DM and he would be perfect for us.

We need to get away from this boring and useless possession based football.

Zxa3eR7.gif

That gif's for you Yurt. Save it and use it wisely.

Serious question for Yurt and Zabo and other Serie A peeps.

What needs to happen for Italian clubs to become real Europe contenders again? I was looking at Balon D'Or list and had no clue how many of those went to Juve players over the years.

Would be nice for CL to become something more than Spanish-a-thon with some PL mixed in.

I am sure it can be done if AM could reach the CL final.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

What needs to happen for Italian clubs to become real Europe contenders again? I was looking at Balon D'Or list and had no clue how many of those went to Juve players over the years.

Would be nice for CL to become something more than Spanish-a-thon with some PL mixed in.

You're taking Vidal I don't have to answer any of your questions

A face you can trust, innit?

Find more money.

I think it comes down to that. Serie A is really, really poor and except for Napoli and Roma going all in (Napoli last summer, Roma this one) the rest of the teams struggle to level up and be a serious contender in Europe.
Then you also have to consider the fact that, except for Juve, every other team doesn't own a stadium and therefore cannot earn a lot from matchdays.

In Italy every single game is shown and some on multiple channels. This needs to be cut out because it is keeping fans away from going to the stadiums. Half empty stadiums have killed the attractiveness of Serie A

Clubs also need to start owning their own stadiums. Most are rented and clubs make a lot less money than the European clubs who own their own stadiums.

Reduce the league to 18 sides. Serie A is the toughest league out of the four IMO. You rarely see the steamrolling that happens in the other leagues. Even juve who set a new European points record had to play hard in every game. Italian teams have been putting out b sides in european competitions, that have caused the co-efficency to drop, so that they can concentrate on the league..Reducing the number of teams will help with the ease of schedule and give Italian clubs more opportunities. Italy use to have 16 and then 18 teams back when we were a dominant force in the 80s and 90s and the expansion we have not been nearly as good.

Plus racism needs to be eradicated from the game.

FootballFan

Serie A needs more people like Rafa.

Less racists.

More people in the stadiums.

More teams caring about Europa league.

More love for Napoli.

There will always be racism in the game. No one can really stamp it out. It's sad.

Of course, eradicate was a bad choice of word, but on a cultural level it is more accepted in Italy than in England. England came down tough on it and it made the PL a more attractive product to sell. Half empty stadiums in Italy that are mainly full of ultras is not an attractive proposition for people to take their families and for non white players to come and play. I thought Cashley made a brave decision to go play in Italy, i just hope some cunts don't throw abuse at him because it will be magnified 100 times in the British press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom