• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Whilst I don't doubt that Lukaku's probably made some illadvised comments about his situation the real moron in all this is Mourinho for loaning the lad considering the depth and quality of his strikeforce.

Don't really blame Lukaku for being miffed. The conditions couldn't have been better for Lukaku to step up last season, and had Mourinho had any balls they might've been in the title race for longer.

Agreed. Mourinho is a cunt. he'd rather go out and find extreme stop-gap solutions like Eto'o and Drogba each year than develop a player of his own.

At Lukaku's age, I think he should be looking for as much gametime as possible, so I'd perhaps rather play in 4 competitions with Everton than in 3 with Wolfsburg
Don't do this to me, hitcher.

That's the worst/best premface post I've ever seen.

You can't possibly think that 2nd English Cup in which everyone plays their reserve team means shit :lol

Salvadora

It's no coincidence that Lukaku and Courtois have gone on loan to Prem clubs and Atletico while others have gone to Vitesse and Championship clubs. Yes they are the exception. But, if Lucas Piazon was good enough - and I believe he did play regularly last year - I have no reason to believe Chelsea wouldn't keep him in the first team.
Isn't Mourinho's reluctance to develop youth and the transfer business they have conducted over the last decade reason enough?

Wilbur

Banned
At Lukaku's age, I think he should be looking for as much gametime as possible, so I'd perhaps rather play in 4 competitions with Everton than in 3 with Wolfsburg

Is this facetious? I can't tell

What happens if Everton are knocked out of the first round of the FA and League cup?

Lukaku should go to the team that he thinks he'll be most successful at. Wolfsburg probably have a better chance than Everton.

I think the point is the next generation of players coming through, your Chalobah's, Bamford, Colkett, Loftus Cheek, Ake, Solanke, Baker have such a slim chance of making it at the club if in all their positions Chelsea can drop 30m and sign Cesc/Matic/whoever.

Better for them to go somewhere on a perm where they are gonna get minutes and stability.

No, I understand that. But if Chalobah definitively proved he was good enough on loan, I think he would get a chance with the first team. Of course Chelsea isn't the best place to be a youngster, but clubs took Lukaku and Courtois on loans - big clubs in the best leagues - and they thrived. Surely by now, all these Chelsea youngsters would be at Prem clubs if they were so talented? It's not as if Chalobah hasn't played a lot of football in the past season or two on loan for people to decide.

Whilst I don't doubt that Lukaku's probably made some illadvised comments about his situation the real moron in all this is Mourinho for loaning the lad considering the depth and quality of his strikeforce.

Don't really blame Lukaku for being miffed. The conditions couldn't have been better for Lukaku to step up last season, and had Mourinho had any balls they might've been in the title race for longer.

This is true. No need to defend Mou on this.

Don't do this to me, hitcher.

That's the worst/best premface post I've ever seen.

You can't possibly think that 2nd English Cup in which everyone plays their reserve team means shit :lol

It's by far the least important competition in the country, but a match is a match and Lukaku needs as many of them as he can get.

@Wilbur, I think they'll do well in the cups unless they're challenging for fourth and kinda sacrifice them

Likewise, being told Ba and Torres are ahead of you in the pecking order is frankly a fucking insult.

I don't think Torres (and certainly not Ba) were ahead of him last season in the pecking order. Jose didn't keep him around all pre-season to loan him out, he kept him around to put him in the squad. I don't think how early it was in the season is a good enough indication of his plans for the season, he would have more than got his chance, but you can't expect to just walk into the team.

Ba was third choice, Jose barely put him on the bench until later in the season, intact we were trying to ship him out such is how low down the order he was, Eto'o was originally going to be an experienced player for a season to come in for Ba.

Lukaku would have got plenty of game time during the season, he just had to earn it and after the Bayern game he decided he didn't want to.

Suen

I love when people argue about what league is best and fail to mention the best league Serie A: more competitive and no oil clubs. If EPL and Bundeslol were as good as they claim to be many of their players would be in Italy now, and yet you rarely see their best talents moving to Italy because they wouldn't even be up to the level of the teams B squads there.

Maybe you should all learn to control the weather so you can play good footy first before saying your league is best.

Wilbur

Banned
It's by far the least important competition in the country, but a match is a match and Lukaku needs as many of them as he can get.

@Wilbur, I think they'll do well in the cups unless they're challenging for fourth and kinda sacrifice them

Oh you were serious :lol

If Lukaku is a first choice striker for a club like Everton, odds are he'll get rested for opening matches against lower league opposition anyway.

Wolfsburg are a club who:

a) have more money than Everton
b) have more chance of a Champions League position than Everton
c) have more scope to improve than Everton
d) have owners who are more interested in continuing to challenge than Everton
e) have more of a chance of a sneaky outside title run than Everton

There is no reason why Lukaku should pick Everton over them unless he wants to stay in England and has an affinity for Martinez.

jtb

Banned
Lukaku and Cortoius were developed (for young players, at least) players when were bought by Chelsea.

Other clubs don't want to develop Chelsea's young players (or any club's young players, for that matter) for them. if they're already good enough, sure, they'll play them. but in terms of actually developing the player? it's not like just loaning them out will automatically make them better because they're filling up an experience bar or something.

it's not that Chelsea have been bad at developing young players, it's that they simply don't even try. and that's their choice.

I love when people argue about what league is best and fail to mention the best league Serie A: more competitive and no oil clubs. If EPL and Bundeslol were as good as they claim to be many of their players would be in Italy now, and yet you rarely see their best talents moving to Italy because they wouldn't even be up to the level of the teams B squads there.

Maybe you should all learn to control the weather so you can play good footy first before saying your league is best.

Excuse me?

Salvadora

Bte_laQCUAIw9WS.jpg:large
Joe Cole sticking the knife in :lol.

L1NETT

No, I understand that. But if Chalobah definitively proved he was good enough on loan, I think he would get a chance with the first team. Of course Chelsea isn't the best place to be a youngster, but clubs took Lukaku and Courtois on loans - big clubs in the best leagues - and they thrived. Surely by now, all these Chelsea youngsters would be at Prem clubs if they were so talented? It's not as if Chalobah hasn't played a lot of football in the past season or two on loan for people to decide.

But look at this shitty squawka bollocks I found on the internet

Squawka is love

squawka is life

Chalobah is the next Messi

Lukaku comes over as a bit of a bitch to me. Not sure why - just does.

Wolfsburg would be a better move than Everton for him, just needs to make sure he gets a release clause in his contract.

Zabojnik

DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI
allegri_sorriso_getty.jpg
DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI

DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI
allegri_sorriso_getty.jpg
DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI DAI

ijNmzFrSfSTvc.gif

Pachimari

If we get Falcao I'll have no idea what Carlo will have in mind.

Falcao, Benzema and James can't sit on the bench and stay content.

wedward

I love how Milch's avatar is a of a guy, who didn't play a single minute in the world cup or qualifiers, holding the World Cup trophy.

Joe Cole is a chubby cunt who is basically stealing a wage from West Ham

Went to Chelsea asap
Does fuck all on the odd occasion he's fit
Can't be bothered to keep himself in shape

No wonder the West Ham fan at work doesn't like him.

Carbonox

DLed it overnight, tried it for 20mins earlier.It's ... a shooter. Don't know what I was expecting.

If you like shooters with looting and exploration then it's for you. If not, it's not for you. At least that's the best way to sum it up personally. I absolutely love it though. Will be my most played game of the year I think when it comes out in September.

Steve Bates ‏@sbates_people 1m
It REALLY is a new era at #mufc hearing from inside the camp that Cleverley MAY start v Roma in Denver ....as CAPTAIN. Watch this space

bye

If you like shooters with looting and exploration then it's for you. If not, it's not for you. At least that's the best way to sum it up personally. I absolutely love it though. Will be my most played game of the year I think when it comes out in September.

YES CARBO

Bit worried about the events being worldwide and tailored for the American audience, timing-wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom