• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Racism :lol pretty sure we have more black players than England and Spain

Italy is just as racist as Spain and England, and it's mostly not genuine racism. Find another stereotype pls

Ok maybe a bit more than England

Italy is just as racist as Spain and England, and it's mostly not genuine racism. Find another stereotype pls

This is where Italy needs to cut it out on the cultural level. having racist chants during matches and then acting like it is just a bit of banter. Anyone who even thinks about making a racist comment during an Arsenal game is gonna be banned from the club and would receive a kicking after the match.In Italy nobody even blinks twice.

Blablurn

BtD66oICYAAGvHu.jpg:large

L1NETT

Ok maybe a bit more than England

Really?

Ask Cecile Kyenge. I'm sure she'll say it wasn't genuine racism.

Italy has a different community makeup and political history sure, but there are clear issues and to play it has something not genuine I mean come on.

England had major major issues, and still do but your average ground is so much better thankfully than 20 years ago.

L1NETT

Davies passed his medical then, good signing from Spurs. A reason to be happy Scum, blimey charlie

Scott Hogan to Brentford done. They have made some shrewd signings and have good young squad. Not convinced by their manager though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Really?

Ask Cecile Kyenge. I'm sure she'll say it wasn't genuine racism.

Italy has a different community makeup and political history sure, but there are clear issues and to play it has something not genuine I mean come on.

England had major major issues, and still do but your average ground is so much better thankfully than 20 years ago.
I'm not playing down anything as I genuinely don't care about Serie A, they can stay shit for as long as they want. But the racism in the stadiums is mostly not genuine, they consider it as some form of banter. Ask anyone who attends games in Italy, you'll see black supporters riling up opposition players with racist chants as well :lol it's fucking stupid

Racism has nothing to do with the state of Serie A. The end.

David Ornstein
‏@bbcsport_david
Arsenal no longer pursuing Khedira but still in market for DMF, will sign GK & probably DF depending on Jenkinson/Vermaelen situations #AFC

Pleased that we're still trying for a DM.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Davies passed his medical then, good signing from Spurs. A reason to be happy Scum, blimey charlie

Scott Hogan to Brentford done. They have made some shrewd signings and have good young squad. Not convinced by their manager though.

Now that Alex Pritchard has gone to Brentford I'll probably go and watch some of their games, their just down the road from me.

I see that Harry wants VDV at QPR. He's just a fat ghost these days, please don't come back and embarrass yourself Rafa.

I had no idea that only Juve owned their stadium in Serie A.

Definitely expected Milan clubs to own a stadium.

That itself would be a big revenue killer then.

I'm not playing down anything as I genuinely don't care about Serie A, they can stay shit for as long as they want. But the racism in the stadiums is mostly not genuine, they consider it as some form of banter. Ask anyone who attends games in Italy, you'll see black supporters riling up opposition players with racist chants as well :lol it's fucking stupid

That is what people said in England a couple decades ago. It is just a horrible thing to try and defend. It is racism plain and simple.

jesalr

A fucking LB! You don't realise how excited that makes me. I can't remember us signing a LB since Bale.

Oh, shit, we signed Gilberto

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That is what people said in England a couple decades ago. It is just a horrible thing to try and defend. It is racism plain and simple.

No one is defending racism, especially not me.

all I'm saying is that it has NOTHING TO DO with the current state of Italian football

Russia's stadiums are empty and when they're full, they're full with racists, but black players still go there, you know why? BECAUSE MONEY

which Serie A doesn't have atm for various reasons. Taking EL seriously would be a start I suppose, but everyone is basically out of money right now.

L1NETT

Now that Alex Pritchard has gone to Brentford I'll probably go and watch some of their games, their just down the road from me.

I see that Harry wants VDV at QPR. He's just a fat ghost these days, please don't come back and embarrass yourself Rafa.

Good man, some good little players at Griffin Park. Moses Odubajo. Remember the name

QPR really is a hive for the overpaid and unwanted

God I hope they get like 6 points this year and Rio is forced into doing Talksport punditry in disgrace

Racism has nothing to do with the state of Serie A. The end.

I never said it did

The posted I quoted didn't really mention football and i wasn't explicitly talking about it either.

Good man, some good little players at Griffin Park. Moses Odubajo. Remember the name

QPR really is a hive for the overpaid and unwanted

God I hope they get like 6 points this year and Rio is forced into doing Talksport punditry in disgrace

Rio was good on WC MoTD ;(

No one is defending racism, especially not me.

all I'm saying is that it has NOTHING TO DO with the current state of Italian football

Russia's stadiums are empty and when they're full, they're full with racists, but black players still go there, you know why? BECAUSE MONEY

which Serie A doesn't have atm for various reasons. Taking EL seriously would be a start I suppose, but everyone is basically out of money right now.

I disagree, it has something to do with the current state. It creates a nasty and unfriendly atmosphere at the stadiums, which leads to many people not wanting to go. When there are half empty stadiums it makes the league look bad when it is broadcast around the world and all that is seen are the Ultras. Sponsors don't want to get involved and their is little reason for foreign broadcasters to want to spend big money on the league. racism and stadium culture is one of the reasons for the decline of the Serie A because it leads to less money in the game.

screenshot2014-07-21acsk68.png

I don't like the training top but still, dat Costa.

Need one of those pictures of him holding the shirt up next with his name and number on it

So I got Football Manager 2014. Just arrived at home.

I have never played FM before.

HALP

You can tell the assistant manager to sort out a hell lot of stuff for you, until you start getting the hang of things a bit more. The assistant manager will ask you about that one of your first days, at the meeting with him when you take over a club.

Otherwise just follow the beginner tips.

L1NETT

Also Cartoon don't be a big club. Most boring thing in the world being a rich club in FM.

Be a league 1/2 club

May I recommend Bradford City

Was suprised by how good he was, very refreshing and good that we had the opinion of a someone currently playing at a high level. Would much rather listen to him than Alan fucking Shearer.

Yeah he and Henry were top. I really enjoyed listening to their different opinions on how a defender would handle the situation and how a striker would.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I disagree, it has something to do with the current state. It creates a nasty and unfriendly atmosphere at the stadiums, which leads to many people not wanting to go. When there are half empty stadiums it makes the league look bad when it is broadcast around the world and all that is seen are the Ultras. Sponsors don't want to get involved and their is little reason for foreign broadcasters to want to spend big money on the league. racism and stadium culture is one of the reasons for the decline of the Serie A because it leads to less money in the game.
Which sponsors exactly? They'll sponsor a KKK clan if it gets them millions trust me.

Hah, and I wish it was that easy. Serie A was more racist in the 80s and 90s, yet Italian football was at the top.

It all comes down to money. The clubs have less money to spend now (which will not change even if their stadium is full) and the supporters (in the current economic climate) have less money and reason to come and watch their football team (a luxury).

La Liga is even worse tbh, but here we are. :)

So I got Football Manager 2014. Just arrived at home.

I have never played FM before.

HALP

Buy German players, when negotiating contracts offer a low wage but a massive increase for international appearances... Germany national team aren't licensed so you'll never have to pay it ;)

Ginter is good for me

rvy

Banned
Looking forward to watching Diego Costa's fall from grace.

Well, maybe not. Every player looks average under Mou's tactical genius tactics, so I suppose Costa will not look much worse than everyone else.

screenshot2014-07-21acsk68.png

I don't like the training top but still, dat Costa.

Need one of those pictures of him holding the shirt up next with his name and number on it

God they are ugly, if they don't perform they are shipped right off to the Bundesliga with the other freaks.

Looking forward to watching Diego Costa's fall from grace.

Well, maybe not. Every player looks average under Mou's tactical genius tactics, so I suppose Costa will not look much worse than everyone else.

Those 14 goals and 7 assists from Hazard, and the young player of the year award. But but but everyone looks average under Mou. Not to forget Terry, Cahill and Azpilicuetas fantastic seasons, and although only half a season Matic too. Oscar looked great too until the cunt decided to save himself for the world cup.

Serie A was more racist in the 80s and 90s, yet Italian football was at the top.

It all comes down to money. The clubs have less money to spend now (which will not change even if their stadium is full) and the supporters (in the current economic climate) have less money and reason to come and watch their football team (a luxury).

La Liga is even worse tbh, but here we are. :)

yes i agree that it was worse then but it was bad everywhere and stadiums were always full because there were less games on telly.. England did something about it which made the league more attractive around the world. Italian football is not an attractive product for neutrals. I even hate watching games because there is a lack of passion.

The league needs to get more people into stadiums. The only way that will happen is by making them friendlier and ending the terrible tv deals that show all the games. Full stadiums with great friendly atmospheres will make sponsors want to be associated with the league. More money will flow back into the game, it seems the way Germany does things, Maybe clubs can even throw in free transport tickets too.

More people at the stadiums also means more merchandise is bought.

Racism is not the cause of the decline of Serie A, but it is a contributing factor in my opinion along with the rest of the ultra shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom