• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I suppose the weather in the UK is a wetter, more dreary version of Seattle or something. Almost nobody there has A/C, and they always complain the 2-3 weeks a year when they could really use it.

I love gray skies and rain...I'm weird like that.

So do I.

I like it when its hot too but not like this.

Scum

Welp Dawson starting for Spurs again as Captain, no way am I'm staying up to watch that.

Wait! Dawson started?

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

K1LLER7

“When you see [Juan] Mata or [Ander] Herrera, and [Shinji] Kagawa, who are the best passers and everything goes wrong, it is the air, I believe.“

"It was the height and the air, the ball was bobbling all the time. But we scored remarkable, fantastic goals and were able to keep the ball in possession in the second half.“

"We are not used to this hot weather. When the World Cup was here in 1994 and games were played at noon, it was not very nice.“America has a top sport climate, but you have to play football at the right time.”You had 55,000 people watching us, but we could have performed much better. It was the height and the heat that affected us.”

Van Gaal added, “When you are 3-0 ahead, you just have to keep the ball as opponent has to run and run. It is very difficult, with this hot weather, to do that. We forgot to do that and we allowed Rome back into the game.I am pleased we have won, but it was not good.”

K1LLER7

Juan Mata reveals that Louis van Gaal has instructed his squad to speak to one another only in English, presumably to improve unity in the ranks

Louis van Gaal has told his players they must only speak to each other in English, Juan Mata has revealed.Van Gaal has laid down a few rules since taking over at Manchester United.The Dutchman has reminded his players they must fulfil their media duties and has told the United board that next year's pre-season tour must be shorter.And now it has emerged that Van Gaal has instructed his squad to speak to one another in English, presumably to improve unity in the ranks.

"We (the squad) only speak in English," Mata said. "He (Van Gaal) says we have to speak in English."

Mata, who is perfectly fluent in English having arrived in the UK three years ago, does not see the new rule, or any other laid down by the new manager, as harsh.In fact, the Spaniard has a deep respect for his new club manager, and is fully behind everything he is doing at Old Trafford.

Arnie

Nah Viv, saw it in 2D. Despise 3D. Makes me feel cross eyed. Sat in the cinema doing my best Aquilani.

How did Cleverley play?

Saw Arsenal lost. Man they need to get Ospina and Debuchy in the team quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom