• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marca claim the La Liga champions have sent a delegate to London in order to complete a deal for the 30-year-old, who scored 11 goals in all competitions last season.

Chelsea have reportedly set an asking price of £13million for Torres, but it has been suggested Atletico would only be willing to pay around £10m.

ffs Chelsea, this is not the time to haggle for 3 millions. Ship him away while you can.

Swooping for the future lynch-pin of the Man Utd defence and potential England captain of the future.

Well, that's how Ole will see it. Everyone else will see it as signing a useless manc no mark who the boss knows from one of his previous jobs.

Vincent Tan will give him until Christmas, if we're not in the play-off places at that point then...

To be fair to him, some of the players he's signed that aren't linked to Man Utd have been decent. Daehli's potential is scary, haven't been that impressed by a player down the City since a young Aaron Ramsey. And he was trying to get an attacking mind set using a bunch of players left over from Malky "defend at all costs" Mackay. I'm willing to give him a chance, even if some of our fans aren't.

Daehli is great. Him and Januzaj used to tear it up for United's u18s. Slightly different play styles, but they complimented each other well. I've watched every one of his matches for Cardiff and Norway and he's extremely consistent at what he does. The only thing missing is end product right now. He could of course develop into one of those players that doesn't have much end product, but is hugely influential.

I want him back at United.

Peco

@acmilan said:
NYC arriviamo! Domani i ragazzi voleranno in Nord America per la #ICC2014! #forzaMilan

btdxr-miaaak82ovqiom.jpg

I bet the game against Liverpool will be something special for Inzaghi.

Jarnet87

Cuardrado to United is about as likely as Ronaldo coming back. The only real decision for him to make now is whether he wants to play as a fullback for Pepern Munchkin or Kuntelona.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
last night Iturbe said that Juve were never close to signing him
so La Stampa published a picture of his ticket to Turin today :lol

Meier

What is Javi Garcia doing?
He is a prime candidate to be sold this summer due to squad restrictions. We'll have to sell one foreign player other than Nastasic who doesn't count. If he goes, we will still need to sell another.

Played well down the stretch last season so I am sure Manuel would prefer to keep him but we have no choice really.

Daehli is great. Him and Januzaj used to tear it up for United's u18s. Slightly different play styles, but they complimented each other well. I've watched every one of his matches for Cardiff and Norway and he's extremely consistent at what he does. The only thing missing is end product right now. He could of course develop into one of those players that doesn't have much end product, but is hugely influential.

I want him back at United.

Got a feeling he'll probably go back there eventually, especially if Ole is here for a few years. Although we're not a "selling club" at the moment his naural talent will get him noticed. Hell, the media were trying to link him with a move to Chelsea at the end of the season and he'd only been here 5 months.

Hopefully Cardiff get relegated like 5 times though.

No need to wait 5 years, if/when Tan pulls the plug we'll go bust almost immediately and have to start over as City of Cardiff AFC in the Southern Football League playing the likes of Histon and Slough,

Good times, good times.

Does the league selection at the start affect what players I can buy and who I can sell to?

Or does it just affect what teams I can coach?

It will add in a lot of players from other leagues too, but under advanced you can select between small, medium or large database, which loads in players from more leagues but doesn't actually simulate the matches in their leagues.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wilfried Zaha ‏@wilfriedzaha 23 Dec 2011
RT for a virtual kiss on the lips :)

OH BABY

It will add in a lot of players from other leagues too, but under advanced you can select between small, medium or large database, which loads in players from more leagues but doesn't actually simulate the matches in their leagues.

Cool. So leading with England, Spain, Germany, Italy and USA as playable was good.

Thanks

sohois

Cool. So leading with England, Spain, Germany, Italy and USA as playable was good.

Thanks

Generally the more leagues the better, though of course it adds in more simulation time as well. I also wouldn't bother with USA in there, I can't help but imagine that managing an MLS team would be boring since there is no CL or promotion/relegation.

I believe you can set leagues as simulated but not playable, which mght be a good option than making a league playable when you have no intention of ever managing there.

Also, if you are going to manage a lower league club, which you should, just go all the way and select a conference team. It's more fun that way

Meier

Jovetic is an interesting player. He wants to dance around and do some skill moves and often shoots from distance when more often than not, we need someone who has the right positioning to allow our midfielders to set him up. I'd like to see him be more incisive because I'm not really sure how well he fits in -- he definitely does offer something completely different than the other strikers though. Hope he can stay healthy...

rvy

Banned
He is a prime candidate to be sold this summer due to squad restrictions. We'll have to sell one foreign player other than Nastasic who doesn't count. If he goes, we will still need to sell another.

Played well down the stretch last season so I am sure Manuel would prefer to keep him but we have no choice really.

How much?

We'll pay €10 million.

We don't have any more money.

Zenit ran away with their debt.

Liverpool is getting players for free.

Patético are Spanish.

Got a feeling he'll probably go back there eventually, especially if Ole is here for a few years. Although we're not a "selling club" at the moment his naural talent will get him noticed. Hell, the media were trying to link him with a move to Chelsea at the end of the season and he'd only been here 5 months.

No need to wait 5 years, if/when Tan pulls the plug we'll go bust almost immediately and have to start over as City of Cardiff AFC in the Southern Football League playing the likes of Histon and Slough,

Good times, good times.
At least you'll get your club 'back'.

Meier

Reason #1302895634 to love Murica
Hahaha, this is fucking amazing. I so want it to be real.

How much?

We'll pay €10 million.

We don't have any more money.

Zenit ran away with their debt.

Liverpool is getting players for free.

Patético are Spanish.
Honestly have no clue. I doubt we'd only take €10m since we paid you guys €20m and he's been decent. But I bet they'd take €15m (with some of this being via incentives).

So a month from now the season will start and barcelona still has no defenders, sport reported someone was scouting Rodrigo Caio over the weekend, I like that kid, but not started level yet.

You gotta love Barcelona's Sporting Directors, they pay exorbitant amounts for forwards, but defenders? fuck it we will trust Song again.

rvy

Banned
Honestly have no clue. I doubt we'd only take €10m since we paid you guys €20m and he's been decent. But I bet they'd take €15m (with some of this being via incentives).

This is why you should loan him, or does that still count for foreign squad restrictions?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So a month from now the season will start and barcelona still has no defenders, sport reported someone was scouting Rodrigo Caio over the weekend, I like that kid, but not started level yet.

You gotta love Barcelona's Sporting Directors, they pay exorbitant amounts for forwards, but defenders? fuck it we will trust Song again.

How bad is Carlos Blanco Moreno?

From a scale of Evra to Barzagli.

rvy

Banned

Do you know much much Zenit paid for Garay?

You should start a revolution.

Meier

This is why you should loan him, or does that still count for foreign squad restrictions?

Yeah, a loan would be fine (we won't be able to register at least 1 foreign player if/when Mangala gets completed), but honestly, that just prolongs things so I'm sure they'd prefer to sell. If the club does loan him, I'd imagine it'll be the last week/day of the transfer window.

Feorax

Agger will be available soon.

rvy

Banned
Yeah, a loan would be fine (we won't be able to register at least 1 foreign player if/when Mangala gets completed), but honestly, that just prolongs things so I'm sure they'd prefer to sell. If the club does loan him, I'd imagine it'll be the last week/day of the transfer window.

Don't think you'll find many clubs willing to pay that for him. Maybe some dumb club like Patético or Valencia.

How bad is Carlos Blanco Moreno?
From a scale of Evra to Barzagli.
He is essentially a younger Pique, of all the young CBs Barcelona had, I liked him the best, good passing, strong positioning.

Do you know much much Zenit paid for Garay?

You should start a revolution.
yeah its BS, I am not saying go ahead drop 50m on Yepes, but damn if money is an issue, go for a couple of youngsters like Balanta, Darmian, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom