• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATF487

I'm actually really disappointed that the Remy deal is off, felt like he was a bargain and would have fit it in well. I understand the club wants to be cautious but I hope that means they are willing to bring in another forward even if they have to overpay.

Also feel like he'll pass a medical somewhere else

Elchele

Bayern XI vs Wolfsburg (3-4-3): Starke - Martinez, Badstuber, Alaba - Hojbjerg, Gaudino, Rode, Bernat - Pizarro, Lewandowski, Ribery

Pierre-Emile replacing Rafinha. Thank God.

Walshy

I'm actually really disappointed that the Remy deal is off, felt like he was a bargain and would have fit it in well. I understand the club wants to be cautious but I hope that means they are willing to bring in another forward even if they have to overpay.

Also feel like he'll pass a medical somewhere else
Well the last person to fail a medical for Liverpool was Sylvain Marveaux, and he was utter shite.

Hixx

I had to do a double take on a tweet when I saw the Chelsea score. Thought they were getting beat off Oompa Loompa FC.

The only people I put on my ignore list are people with shitty avatars.

image.php

What about me?

Thomas Herrmann is the worst Bayern muppet I know on German TV.

Dude wants to talk about/compare stuff with Bayern all the time :lol. Proper Sport1 employee.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Vertonghen: "It's obvious I want to stay at Tottenham. I still had a 4-year contract..."

Vertonghen (continued): "...so the fact they've offered me a new 5-year contract is a big vote of confidence."

Vertonghen: "We are in talks about a new contract. We both want to come to an agreement."

You'd better pull your finger out, sonny. Veljkovic is coming for you.

Salvadora

What do you make of the Chambers deal?
I think it's a fantastic bit of business.

Highly rated, homegrown young prospect and gives us more quality at RB in addition to potentially moving into the centre of defence in the future.

Not essential, as some will point out, but it gives us better depth.

Who is thomas hermann?
The comedian?
lol no

The Sport1 reporter who's not even trying to hide how much he loves Bayern. Can't stop talking about Lewandowski today and laughed in a madly excited way after the co-commentator said that Lewa scored 2 goals in his matches for Bayern so far :lol

I think it's a fantastic bit of business.

Highly rated, homegrown young prospect and gives us more quality at RB in addition to potentially moving into the centre of defence in the future.

Not essential, as some will point out, but it gives us better depth.

Seems a lot of money for a young prospect. Hopefully it works out, but it almost seems an admission by Wenger tha he was wrong about Jenkinson. I just hope Chambers won't become the new Jenkinson, but the club has not really shown an ability to nurture young defensive talent.

Salvadora

Seems a lot of money for a young prospect. Hopefully it works out, but it almost seems an admission by Wenger tha he was wrong about Jenkinson. I just hope Chambers won't become the new Jenkinson, but the club has not really shown an ability to nurture young defensive talent.
If it is £16m, yeah, that would be a lot of money.

But something around £10-12m would be in line with our previous business with Southampton which has so far worked out well so far.

In terms of not being about to nurture young defensive talent, both Gibbs and Jenkinson would counter that. It's more that we don't have much, if any, young defensive talent in the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom