• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Torres is back

syshch.gif

He's just been playing in the wrong position. He's great at clearing the ball with an open net.

wedward

I expect the next announcement to be Vermaelen has been sold. Then after that we sign a CB. Doubt we announce a DM until late august.

Chelsea are going to win the league and Fabregas is going to be great. Fucking. hell.

Salvadora

David Ornstein
‏@bbcsport_david
Chambers expected to be announced on Mon, will join Austria camp. Ospina fee about £3m & #AFC still in market for DMF + DF if Vermaelen goes
Ornstein has spoken.

Have faith, wedward.

wedward

david m @davemagar · 9h
According to my agent mate AFC playing a clever game with midfield options. Progress is def occurring. Hopefully We won't try be too clever

clever girl.

Fintan

We sold Torres for £50 million and bought Suarez and Carroll for £57 million.

We then sold the pair of them for £92 million now we're back in the Champions League.

XDDDDD
It's really just the Suarez part that makes up the positive spending there in both cases.

Arnie

It's really just the Suarez part that makes up the positive spending there in both cases.

Aye, obviously.

But either way since that deal we've made a £35 million profit and gone from 7th to 2nd.

It's been great for us. Imagine if we'd spent it on someone better than Carroll.

Fintan

Aye, obviously.

But either way since that deal we've made a £35 million profit and gone from 7th to 2nd.

It's been great for us. Imagine if we'd spent it on someone better than Carroll.
Oh, yeah, true. It's crazy how much your squad has improved since then, when you look back on the likes of Adam, Caroll and Downing. And Joe Cole just before that.

Arnie

Oh, yeah, true. It's crazy how much your squad has improved since then, when you look back on the likes of Adam, Caroll and Downing. And Joe Cole just before that.

Indeed.

Needed a manager to come in with a specific profile of player in mind from which he wouldn't deviate from. Immediately Rodgers was able to look at Carroll and Adam and know they weren't needed.

Then we brought in players who fit the profile, like Coutinho and Sturridge, who can play with pace and with one touch.

Most of all, though, it's how we've improved certain players that stands out. Henderson is undroppable. When Rodgers first came in he was on the verge of moving to Fulham. Even players like Flanagan and Skrtel have improved massively.

Clegg

Remember that one game against City last season when Torres played like he used to? Frightened the living shite out of them.

arkon

I'd love it if Torres went back to Atletico and regained his old form. Watching him in those first few seasons at Liverpool was amazing. Would love to see that player again.

Fintan

Remember that one game against City last season when Torres played like he used to? Frightened the living shite out of them.
Yeah, he's had a few of those false dawns (Torres is back etc.) but he nearly always followed them up with a shit performance, or some sort of injury or suspension.

I live in hope that these Monaco or Atletico rumours are true, but I'm pretty sure he's unsellable at this point. A new start would be best for both parties probably.

jtb

Banned
poor Ospina, he thinks he actually has a chance to win the job.

there is no keeper competition. Chesney will play every game in the league + CL barring injury. he is undroppable.

I'd love it if Torres went back to Atletico and regained his old form. Watching him in those first few seasons at Liverpool was amazing. Would love to see that player again.

that player is long dead, I think. not just because of the complete obliteration of his confidence (though, that obviously didn't help) but I think injuries have really caught up to him. lacks that extra bit of pace that made him so lethal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom