• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
It's difficult to compare stats.

Szc's goals conceded are highly skewed by the heavy away defeats and Ospina plays in Ligue 1.

Oh absolutely.

Szc is obviously the starter with his experience and record. It'll take some poor performances for him to be benched in favor of Ospina this year. Next year is a different story.

Thinking about buying a tablet with that 20% off everything promotion Media Markt is doing.

The thing is, I've wanted a tablet for some time now. But it really is fucking useless actually, isn't it? I can't think of one reason why I'd need one but I still want one.

Linius

Thinking about buying a tablet with that 20% off everything promotion Media Markt is doing.

The thing is, I've wanted a tablet for some time now. But it really is fucking useless actually, isn't it? I can't think of one reason why I'd need one but I still want one.

Once you have it you'll find out soon enough it complements other tech you already have in a nice way. It's a luxury purchase but you'll find use for it and soon you can't imagine what it was like before you bought one.

I'm resisting temptation to start my Prem fantasy football team.

I have already started it.

tDFnEDA.png

Not set yet. Got 2m in reserve, need to see about fitness of Remy before deciding next move.

Hopefully Sanchez proves worth the cost...

spidye

I tried to convince myself for a long time that I need a tablet but I couldn't find any reason to justify an expensive tablet.

I really couldn't. even gaming sucks on a tablet

Either way we now have two keepers who could be number 1 for a decade.

My iPad basically serves as a manga/magazine reader. I might use it as a third screen to watch a second game on during the new season

wedward

poor Ospina, he thinks he actually has a chance to win the job.

there is no keeper competition. Chesney will play every game in the league + CL barring injury. he is undroppable

Except he isn't...

He has been dropped before...

I'd argue he was dropped for the FA cup final.

Is a MacBook any good for playing games? Need a new laptop and this is one of the considerations.

What do you want to play? Good for Football Manager, you can probably hook a controller up but most games that need to move around an area (like Prison Architect or a strategy game for example) if they have a Mac release will probably require a mouse to be hooked up.

I bought a new PC back in March and play most stuff on that now but FM and Game Dev Tycoon are fine for MBP

Would not be surprised if Ospina very quickly got the number 1 role

Is a MacBook any good for playing games? Need a new laptop and this is one of the considerations.

from the hundreads of "should I buy a macbook" thread it seems to be average. People always go on about the number one reason being the trackpad. I hope they release a new macbook air retina this year before jumping on one.

Jarnet87

No. My brother bought a macbook pro a few years back and the only thing he played was WoW, use to tell me how hot the laptop got. They can certainly run games that aren't pushing any crazy requirements, but I wouldn't recommend it if you are going to play a lot of games.

jesalr

I have a 2012 Retina and it's decent for games. A dedicated gaming laptop is better, and probably for less, but I work with OSX a decent bit, and it's just a nicer machine than most gaming laptops.

If you don't really need to be in OSX, probably best to avoid if you want to play games a lot.

Rad-

It's pretty pointless if you aren't into digital reading. Laptop does everything else better.

Or well, it was pretty useful in army as a jackoff station.

Jarnet87

I just bought an ipad mini because my macbook is 8 years old now, basically on the verge of death lol. If I open up a page that has more then 2 gifs it freezes. Bought a tablet over another laptop because it's mainly just for internet use when I'm on the toilet or at appointments. Playing Final Fantasy Tactics on a tablet is pretty sweet though.

Elchele

send me money instead milch
it would be more useful than a fucking tablet

Clegg

I wouldn't buy a Macbook solely for games. I need a new laptop for uni as my Acer has finally given up the ghost. Just trying to figure out the pros of a number of different models.

jtb

Banned
Clegg, it depends on what type of gaming you're thinking of. I wouldn't do serious gaming on any laptop, period, personally. they run hot, loud, they're heavy, etc.

I have a 2012 MBA and it works well for stuff you'd expect (football manager) but Source is optimized pretty well for it also. Steamplay actually makes it really convenient to play quite a few games, so you don't have to buy your library twice—tons of indies and older games play well enough on an Air and the selection of games has gotten a lot better so while you can always bootcamp it, you can also avoid that hassle if you want

Mangala, Josué, Licá, Ghilas, Abdoulaye and Varela names weren´t called at Porto´s presentation to the fans. Jackson wasn´t also there but his name and number were announced.
Mangala it´s most certainly gone to City, Ghilas seems to be on his way to Braga on loan, Varela not being part of the squad is a bit surprising.

Danchi

No. My brother bought a macbook pro a few years back and the only thing he played was WoW, use to tell me how hot the laptop got. They can certainly run games that aren't pushing any crazy requirements, but I wouldn't recommend it if you are going to play a lot of games.

The recent ones are suppose to be better because they actually have gaps for the fans rather than the completely sealed up unibody enclosures. Mine is three years old and gets unbearably hot if you play anything vaguely modern.

The only MacBook Pro that comes with a dedicated graphics card is the top of the line 15" model. If money isn't an option, that's a great all-round laptop. The integrated graphics cards are always improving and you could play most modern games on low-medium settings with them. Bearing in mind, you'd need to be running in Bootcamp to play most things.

If it's just Football Manager, the odd indie game, or much older releases, integrated graphics would be fine.

Clegg

Cheers lads.

I'm really only looking at FM and Pillars of Eternity for laptop gaming. Not sure what make I'm going to get tho.

Danchi

Cheers lads.

I'm really only looking at FM and Pillars of Eternity for laptop gaming. Not sure what make I'm going to get tho.

Apple generally releases new laptops in the fall, but there's been rumours of a delay until as late as the spring because of delays with Intel's new chips. That's the rumour pretty much every year, though, to be fair.

Lightning

Banned
I see Ornstein says Arsenal should announce Chambers on Monday? OH YEAH!!!!!!

I think we still need one more creative player.
Nah. Morgan would be worth that money instead. Then when we play Chelsea we'll put Morgan on ensuring the fucker Cesc gets no time on the ball.

ATF487

Is there a compilation of Torres' misses since he left us? He never used to fuck these sitters up

What is so strange to me is that he wasn't that bad in the half season before Liverpool sold him. Injuries had taken their toll and he seemed tired but he still scored 9 goals, which wasn't too awful.

The drop off was so immediate

Arnie

It was Remy's heart that stopped the deal

Arnie pls

Once the proper sources confirm it I'll have no trouble believing, however I just found it odd that mere minutes after it broke that he'd failed the medical some here were adamant it was his heart.

Seemed a real jump.

Once the proper sources confirm it I'll have no trouble believing, however I just found it odd that mere minutes after it broke that he'd failed the medical some here were adamant it was his heart.

Seemed a real jump.

But there were murmurs that it was due to his heart condition.

Existing heart condition. Not much of a jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom