• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danchi

£12 + add-ons would be more likely considering our previous deals with Southampton.

£12m rising to £16m seems to be the general consensus. Hopefully, Jenkinson only goes out on loan. I like him, but after three seasons it's looking like he isn't really the standard to play consistently even though he has improved.

I'd like to see him become a O'Shea-style utility player, but I can respect him not wanting that...

wedward

Yeah I guess, but I think the market is what it is. 5 or 6 years ago, we'd be buying Chambers for 2 or 3m. It is out of our character to spend that much on him, but from everything I've heard he's going to be worth the price.

Don't think he would have been that low but I see your point.

In general I think it's odd when fans complain transfer fees, especially when we have no clue what the budget it.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah I guess, but I think the market is what it is. 5 or 6 years ago, we'd be buying Chambers for 2 or 3m. It is out of our character to spend that much on him, but from everything I've heard he's going to be worth the price.
If we didn't buy him now we would never be able to buy him. His price is only going to rise and he is an incredibly talented player. I'm so delighted we've managed to get Chambers. As soon as he's confirmed I'll be getting me a Chambers avatar.

Adrian Lopez was already booed at the Estadio do Dragão after taking too many touches in front of goal. They drew 0-0 against Saint Ettiene in their presentation to the fans.

wedward

If we didn't buy him now we would never be able to buy him. His price is only going to rise and he is an incredibly talented player. I'm so delighted we've managed to get Chambers. As soon as he's confirmed I'll be getting me a Chambers avatar.

This is the kind of excitement I like to see.

omgkitty

Don't think he would have been that low but I see your point.

In general I think it's odd when fans complain transfer fees, especially when we have no clue what the budget it.

I don't get it either. It's not our money, and I certainly don't think Wenger is sitting their thinking "Oh well I was going to spend 50m on this guy over here, but instead I'm going to buy Chambers." I trust Wenger for the most part when it comes to transfers. Of course not everyone he's bought has panned out, but for the most part he gets it right.

Lightning

Banned
This is the kind of excitement I like to see.
People need to understand the prices of players is increasing faster than the revenue to keep up with it. The longer teams muck around over a few million, sounds weird talking about millions like they are mere dollars, but you simply lose players.

For me overpaying is not really overpaying unless it's a David Luiz like stupidity as the market is heading that way.

This is Spurs biggest hurdle. Italian clubs the same, Germany teams, aside from Bayern, the same. Prices are out of control and it takes time to increase revenue to counter it.

Chambers is an excellent deal. Brilliant piece of business.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
10505510_797834043570191_2141526312549639565_n.jpg

Danchi

I haven't watched Debuchy enough to say whether he's an upgrade, but I can't say I was upset when it became evident Sagna was leaving.

He certainly isn't better than Zabaleta at City. Not sure he's worth the presumably hefty wage to play understudy.

wedward

Chambers is a good signing. Debuchy is a bad one.

Nah, not a ton of experienced right backs available for that price. And with this Chambers signing it becomes pretty clear that Debuchy is just a stop gap until Chambers is ready to be the starting RB.

Lightning

Banned
And the fact we have Chambers means that as soon as Debuchy starts to fuck up he'll be dropped. With Jenkinson there was no competition to put a rocket up Sagna's ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom