• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

FUCK

That lineup.

Swap Lovren/Sakho and Mignolet in and that's our starting lineup for Southampton.

Shit, what about Coutinho?

Don't like depth.

wedward

Wut

Sagna is much better in attack than debuchy

Haven't seen enough of Debuchy to say if he is an upgrade or downgrade in attacking, but Sagna really isn't that great going forward. I would say his biggest strength is his stamina. He can go forward for 90 mins. His crossing is inconsistent. He can't beat a man. His passing is weak.

Overall I think Debuchy/Chambers is better than Sagna/Jenkinson. We got lucky with Sagna staying healthy last season. I think Chambers will play a lot more this season than Jenkinson did last seaosn.

3Sixty

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 54s

We can confirm that #SaintsFC has reached an agreement with @LFC over the transfer of @DejanLovren05.

hope he dies

Lightning

Banned
Haven't seen enough of Debuchy to say if he is an upgrade or downgrade in attacking, but Sagna really isn't that great going forward. I would say his biggest strength is his stamina. He can go forward for 90 mins. His crossing is inconsistent. He can't beat a man. His passing is weak.
How about his going forward then slowly jogging back? I hated that shit.

Yen

BtlEkoBCEAEDVR7.jpg

jtb

Banned
we shouldn't be relying on Sagna to be the fulcrum of our attack anyways. this team has no natural width in midfield, all these short number 10s in midfield behind Giroud is not going to work against any top... let's say 7 PL team

wedward

we shouldn't be relying on Sagna to be the fulcrum of our attack anyways. this team has no natural width in midfield, all these short number 10s in midfield behind Giroud is not going to work against any top... let's say 7 PL team

We just bought Sanchez.

OneTwoTee

Banned
Lovren - "After I played at Anfield last season, I said to myself: 'One day I hope I'll be able to play here for Liverpool'.

Stone cold.

jtb

Banned
Sagna's pre-injury crossing was like a cruise missile. He's never got back to that consistency, attacking wise.

he broke his leg... twice (?) in like a year. that can't be healthy. plus... he used to be crossing to RVP. last two seasons, he's been crossing to Giroud. that'll make anyone's crossing look worse. Giroud is such a pathetic, inept aerial target and he's comically slow. so he's not getting on the end of any cross unless it's Theo squaring it for a tap in.

Morgan next. Saints could be a disaster next season.

And yes, I know they're spending well. But I'm always cautious about teams that get a ton of new players in one window. Adding a new manager into that could be bad.

jtb

Banned

And yes, I know they're spending well. But I'm always cautious about teams that get a ton of new players in one window. Adding a new manager into that could be bad.

I really don't think they're going to buy many players. play the kids, raise their value, and if they get relegated, spend big in the championship to make a quick bounce back w/ parachute payments

Schweinsteiger posted a video saying sorry to BVB and all fans for the video in which he sang "BVB sons of bitches".

Great move!

He also said that he's cool with every BVB player, especially Großkreutz.

Dat Großkreutz, won us the WC by creating a good mood in the team

3Sixty

I really don't think they're going to buy many players. play the kids, raise their value, and if they get relegated, spend big in the championship to make a quick bounce back w/ parachute payments

We won't get bloody relegated.

Think it will be a middling season and kick on the next, i believe in RoKo

Southampton - Liverpool on the opening day of the season is just nailed on to be 1-1

I'll love it if we beat them

keeganrant_450x299.jpg

slider

He and Lallana just acted like such massive cunts.

No ill feeling towards the others

A threat of striking and Lallana gave an interview declaring his dedication to the club, right?

Shit, at least you don't have Allardyce in the hot seat. Really interested in seeing how Koeman does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom