• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
A moment of silence to celebrate the international career of one of the greats.

Slippers.jpg

Welcome to BayernGAF.

You're much friendlier than your Japanese-speaking German friend. Thanks.

Meier

Manchester City’s squad for the International Champions Cup:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, Willy Caballero, Richard Wright, Ian Lawlor
Defenders: Micah Richards, Matthias Bossaerts, Jason Denayer, Karim Rekik, Matija Nastasic, Dedryck Boyata, Gael Clichy, Aleksandar Kolarov
Midfielders: Fernando, Samir Nasri, Scott Sinclair, Javi Garcia, Emyr Huws, Jack Rodwell, Bruno Zuculini, James Milner, David Silva, Jesus Navas, Yaya Toure
Forwards: John Guidetti, Kelechi Ihenacho, Stevan Jovetic, Edin Dzeko.

Getting to see Silva play in person is going to be amazing. So excited. :)

LNBL

5e1bd2ec25c2af9648502fce22ae1e4d.png

Manchester City’s squad for the International Champions Cup:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, Willy Caballero, Richard Wright, Ian Lawlor
Defenders: Micah Richards, Matthias Bossaerts, Jason Denayer, Karim Rekik, Matija Nastasic, Dedryck Boyata, Gael Clichy, Aleksandar Kolarov
Midfielders: Fernando, Samir Nasri, Scott Sinclair, Javi Garcia, Emyr Huws, Jack Rodwell, Bruno Zuculini, James Milner, David Silva, Jesus Navas, Yaya Toure
Forwards: John Guidetti, Kelechi Ihenacho, Stevan Jovetic, Edin Dzeko.

Getting to see Silva play in person is going to be amazing. So excited. :)

Give him back for another season :(

arrival-in-austria.hero.png

Cesc Fabregas, Diego Costa and Filipe Luis were part of Jose Mourinho’s 26-man squad which arrived in Austria earlier today for the start of our two-week European training camp.

The three new signings joined up with their team-mates for the first time, and they were joined by Cesar Azpilicueta and Gary Cahill, who returned to the group following their post-World Cup break.

The squad touched down early in the afternoon before heading to their hotel. They will train at Waldarena, Velden this evening, with a double session scheduled for tomorrow.

Our first game of the trip takes places on Wednesday, with RZ Pellets the opposition. We then face NK Olimpija Ljubljana in Slovenia on Sunday, before matches against Vitesse Arnhem and Werder Bremen, in the Netherlands and Germany respectively.

Our second pre-season friendly, which took place on Saturday, saw the Blues come from behind to beat AFC Wimbledon 3-2.

Travelling squad in full:

Petr Cech
Matej Delac
Mitchell Beeney
Mark Schwarzer
Branislav Ivanovic
Oriol Romeu
Kurt Zouma
Andreas Christensen
John Terry
Gary Cahill
Nathan Ake
Cesar Azpilicueta
Marco van Ginkel
Nemanja Matic
Nathaniel Chalobah
Mohamed Salah
Jeremie Boga
Lewis Baker
John Swift
Cesc Fabregas
Patrick Bamford
Fernando Torres
Diego Costa
Dominic Solanke
Filipe Luis
Isaiah Brown

Wednesday’s game kicks off at 6.30pm (UK time) and can be watched live on Chelsea TV, with coverage beginning at 6.15pm.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/07/arrival-in-austria.html

Meier

Give him back for another season :(

Press are saying we're open to selling Nastasic. If that happens, Rekik will still as a 4th CB -- if he isn't sold, then I'm sure we'll loan him again and surely PSV is an option. I think they'd probably prefer to loan him to an English club, but there's less guarantee he'd play every week if they did that.

And so ends a hugely underwhelming international career :(

Horrific way to finish it as well, with those last 10 minutes against Uruguay. Not a single decent captaincy candidate imo now.

@GFN_France
Edinson Cavani has not reported for pre-season training today with PSG as required. More to follow.

This is why Lukaku is getting sold to Everton.
nzmp8vD.png

Sounds like Ben Davies is basically a Spurs player now. He's apparently with them in Toronto now and they'll announce it later "today" (local time maybe?)

King_Moc

Banned
And so ends a hugely underwhelming international career :(

Horrific way to finish it as well, with those last 10 minutes against Uruguay. Not a single decent captaincy candidate imo now.

They need to somehow get it on Henderson. Yes, I'm biased, but I think he'd make a genuinely great captain. And also play him in his actual position.

Feorax

They need to somehow get it on Henderson. Yes, I'm biased, but I think he'd make a genuinely great captain. And also play him in his actual position.

Henderson won't get it. He's not a flair player, and therefore in the eyes of most England fans and the FA, not very good.

Looks like United have confirmed Evra has gone too.

WJD

PS4 share is so fucking irritating. Why will it not allow me to record the last 15mins anymore? I've tried pressing square but that's only recorded like the last 10 seconds.

PS4 share is so fucking irritating. Why will it not allow me to record the last 15mins anymore? I've tried pressing square but that's only recorded like the last 10 seconds.

It's inconsistent from what I've found. Sometimes it only records like 3 seconds but other times it'll record 15 minutes. Sony need to fix it.

WJD

It's inconsistent from what I've found. Sometimes it only records like 3 seconds but other times it'll record 15 minutes. Sony need to fix it.

Thing is it worked absolutely perfectly for me for the first few months and now never seems to work. Would love an "Xbox, record that" style function that just quickly records and uploads small 30 second snippets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom