• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

Nah, Valencia will be shit. Like he has been for 2 seasons, at least. They won't get Vidal either. Mata has ingeniously been put in the number 10 role so he will be fine. RVP won't go through the season fully fit and is on the wrong side of 30. Their defence, at the moment, is shit and will suffer an injury crisis during the season. We won't get many, if any, points off them regardless because we never do.

Everything you said could easily go the other way.

Think people are writing off United and it's going to come back to bite them.

United will beat up on all the teams outside of the top 6, and as we have shown, that is enough to be near the top.

jtb

Banned
United will finish 4th this season. Maybe even 3rd depending on how many obvious tactical fuck ups Wenger makes.

inky

I think LVG stick to 2 FWs early on as that seems to be where his mind is set, and the relatively light start they have might even fool him a bit about the formation.

I don't agree that RVP is in decline either. I think he still got 2 solid seasons in him if he can stay fit.

Salvadora

United will beat up on all the teams outside of the top 6, and as we have shown, that is enough to be near the top.
I'm not writing them off at all, but it's just a bit presumptuous to expect, for example, United to beat every team outside the top 6 when they have such glaring weaknesses in the squad

wedward

I think LVG stick to 2 FWs early on as that seems to be where his mind is set, and the relatively light start they have might even fool him a bit about the formation.

I don't agree that RVP is in decline either. I think he still got 2 solid seasons in him if he can stay fit.

He has the best technique of any striker in the world. (Messi doesn't count)

Don't see him losing that just because he is 31. If he can stay fit he shouldn't have trouble getting 20+

Lightning

Banned

I'm not writing off United. Shaw is not beast on attack and I have questions over RVP's ability to be able to handle a full season.

He's made of a very fragile material.

wedward

I'm not writing them off at all, but it's just a bit presumptuous to expect, for example, United to beat every team outside the top 6 when they have such glaring weaknesses in the squad

I said if they sign Vidal and a good CB. If they do that I don't think they have any glaring weaknesses.

Shaw is good going forward. He is a good crosser. With Rooney and RVP in the box he is going to have good targets.

RVP's past three seasons has been his best stretch in his career. Last year wasn't great, but I put a lot of that down to Moyes being a dino.

Salvadora

I said if they sign Vidal and a good CB. If they do that I don't think they have any glaring weaknesses.
There are no indications that they will do either of those things. In fact, they are strongly linked to Vermaelen which would point to the opposite of that.

omgkitty

Who else would it be?

BTF_rQvIAAE2f3o.jpg:large

You never know.

Lightning

Banned

Shaw is good going forward. He is a good crosser. With Rooney and RVP in the box he is going to have good targets.

RVP's past three seasons has been his best stretch in his career. Last year wasn't great, but I put a lot of that down to Moyes being a dino.
What's United's first choice centre back pairing? How much have they played together? Will Rafael play right back or someone else? There can be several justified questions regarding that United defence.

Zabojnik

Are we sure it's actually United?

I'm pretty sure he'd only go to United, yeah. Well, or Real, if they came calling. Doesn't seem likely at this point though. It's entirely up to him, really. We don't want to sell, but will respect his wishes. That's how it's always been.

omgkitty

Would be incredibly stupid of us.

I mean if Wenger did buy someone like Vidal, it wouldn't be that out of character for him would it? We need a DM and he goes out and buys a CM. I mean we were in for Khedira and we all agreed he's not very defensive. I'm not saying it's going to happen, I'm just saying if it did I wouldn't be that shocked.

wedward

I mean if Wenger did buy someone like Vidal, it wouldn't be that out of character for him would it? We need a DM and he goes out and buys a CM. I mean we were in for Khedira and we all agreed he's not very defensive. I'm not saying it's going to happen, I'm just saying if it did I wouldn't be that shocked.

Khedira was 20 mil.

Vidal might be 3 times that.

Lightning

Banned
do you really think Wenger would make a signing without first consulting DEAN? no way.

plus, buying the best midfielder in the world would be a pretty big roadblock to Jack's career and we can't have that, now can we.
Nice joke post. How about he would cost 60m that would be best sent in Cavani's direction as we have Ramsey so don't need nor want Vidal.

As for your career bullshit. He signed Sanchez which fucks up Gnabry, he signed Chambers which fucks up Jenkinson. Please think before you troll.

wedward

I don't understand jtb's posts.

Like, itk's are just fun to muppet over. You don't have to take it so seriously.

And it would be dumb to block Jack's progress. He is 22 and still has world class potential.

He just loves being upset and bitter.

jtb

Banned
Nice joke post. How about he would cost 60m that would be best sent in Cavani's direction as we have Ramsey so don't need nor want Vidal.

striker and crazy good physical midfielder are about equal on my priority list, tbh. either one would hugely improve the team and neither is happening.

wedward

Like, why would anyone think we aren't going to sign a midfielder. How much more evidence do you need that we are trying to?

The past two windows we have paid what was required to get the players we want.

jtb

Banned
a midfielder could happen. it better happen.

I was referring to the Pogba/Vidals of the world. no way we're going after an all around midfielder like that.

evidence is when it's on the website

Lightning

Banned
striker and crazy good physical midfielder are about equal on my priority list, tbh. either one would hugely improve the team and neither is happening.
Vidal is not a DM and ornstein said we're trying for a DM. We've signed 4 players in 20 days and you still moan? You're slipping man.

omgkitty

I want Pogba at Arsenal so bad. He's got the size and power, and working with Ramsey would be great. He's also got that confidence and swagger that we've missed from a player since Henry left.

jtb

Banned
Vidal is not a DM and ornstein said we're trying for a DM. We've signed 4 players in 20 days and you still moan? You're slipping man.

I'm not moaning about the signings. three great signings, one bizarre one—that's fine by me.

look, some Arsenal fans are Wenger apologists and some people are not. I'm not anymore. signing a DM six years after we should have signed one doesn't prove he's a football genius, it proves the exact opposite. that's all. great signings for the club, just don't give me this Wenger knows crap. I'm done with that shit. the only reason it's really an issue is because me and wedward are both bitchy, passive aggressive people, which is fine and I have no problem with.

wedward: that's my issue with these ITKs. muppeting is fine. but half the shit you get fed from these twitter accounts is complete garbage because it's all just the spin to make Wenger look good. oh we bid for Cavani two windows ago! we bid for Cavani is the new we bid for Hazard which is the new we bid for Gotze. it's all a bit meaningless when we actually end up signing nobody. I can't believe I have to spell out all this but here I am.

I like Wenger. I really do. That's why I wanted him to move on at the end of this season because he doesn't deserve another season for his tactical naiveté to be woefully exposed yet again. He doesn't deserve another humiliation by Mourinho and yet he signed up for six more. He deserves better, the club deserves better.

wedward

Imagine if he ends up at Spurs. What a waste. He wants CL football, and to end up at Spurs would be so dumb.

Spurs can't afford to pay 27 mil for another holding midfielder.

He wouldn't chose them over is anyway. Fairly certain it was just paper talk.

I think at this point we have 3 options. Sami, Morgan and Willy. I bet they all have agreed personal terms and the clubs have let us know what they will cost. Now Wenger just has to decide.

omgkitty

Spurs can't afford to pay 27 mil for another holding midfielder.

He wouldn't chose them over is anyway. Fairly certain it was just paper talk.

I think at this point we have 3 options. Sami, Morgan and Willy. I bet they all have agreed personal terms and the clubs have let us know what they will cost. Now Wenger just has to decide.

I think Morgan is the safe bet, and Willy is the riskier bet with possibly a bigger pay off. Honestly, I'd like us to go for Willy, but it will probably be Schneiderlin. Khedira blew his shot when he was being a cunt about his wages.

wedward

I think Morgan is the safe bet, and Willy is the riskier bet with possibly a bigger pay off. Honestly, I'd like us to go for Willy, but it will probably be Schneiderlin. Khedira blew his shot when he was being a cunt about his wages.

I trust Viva itk. Schneiderlin is Wenger's first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom