• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Fuck Balo
And Zlatan
And Barton
And Benoit Assou Ekotto.

Football characters.

Ugh.

Gambit

I miss Bla. Nobody posts about Bayern anymore.

Lewandowski is going to be so good for us. I have great hope to the CL again. Depends on Pep's shenanigans.

And Rode might just be a great signing after all. He brings pace to our midfield. Actual running, not just passing. I like it.

Hojberg continues to develop nicely.

El Topo

I miss Bla. Nobody posts about Bayern anymore.

How long is he banned anyway?

Lewandowski is going to be so good for us. I have great hope to the CL again. Depends on Pep's shenanigans.

And Rode might just be a great signing after all. He brings pace to our midfield. Actual running, not just passing. I like it.

Hojberg continues to develop nicely.

I think we have a great squad, but I'm a bit sceptical still if Pep will vary his tactics and be flexible enough for the really good competition.

Mac_Lane

You pay 50 for Luiz, and people start thinking you are dumbasses.

It's how it goes.

Yep, I still can't wrap my mind around this. It's known that Thiago Silva lobbied a lot for Luiz's transfer, but spending that much on a defender was certainly a dumb move.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
On hold to my local gp surgery, dance music with "Please wait yoru call is important to us" every 5 seconds.

England

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
No matter how many times this machine says im important to them, something in their voice makes me think otherwise.

Nicktendo86

Multiple papers this morning reporting the Vidal rumour but all seems to be coming from 'reports in Italy, can't help but shake the feeling of bullshit/contract negotiations.

Gambit

How long is he banned anyway?

I think we have a great squad, but I'm a bit sceptical still if Pep will vary his tactics and be flexible enough for the really good competition.

Sometimes I think Pep is too flexible for his own good and tries to many new things at once. Atm he seems set on a back three for example. But we will see. I share your scepticism. But the players themselves make me hopeful. Ribery seems to be good again and play well with Lewandowski. Now add Müller, Robben, Götze, Thiago...

No idea how long or why he is even banned.

El Topo

Sometimes I think Pep is too flexible for his own good and tries to many new things at once. Atm he seems set on a back three for example. But we will see. I share your scepticism. But the players themselves make me hopeful. Ribery seems to be good again and play well with Lewandowski. Now add Müller, Robben, Götze, Thiago...

No idea how long or why he is even banned.

I probably should've used a different term than flexible. Pep tries a lot, the formation is very fluent, with players changing positions or even the team changing formation (during match), I'm just worried that while all that might be a great idea in theory, it could be too much in practice. The focus still seems to lie on ball possession and slowly putting pressure on the opponent (similar to tiki taka), but I fear that alone is too predictable (i.e. not flexible enough). Then again, now is the best time to experiment, so I don't really mind for now.

As for Bla, I'm guessing the last picture did him in. Given that I complained about it (though only in the thread) I feel a bit responsible for that.

Gambit

I probably should've used a different term than flexible. Pep tries a lot, the formation is very fluent, with players changing positions or even the team changing formation (during match), I'm just worried that while all that might be a great idea in theory, it could be too much in practice. The focus still seems to lie on ball possession and slowly putting pressure on the opponent (similar to tiki taka), but I fear that alone is too predictable (i.e. not flexible enough). Then again, now is the best time to experiment, so I don't really mind for now.

As for Bla, I'm guessing the last picture did him in. Given that I complained about it (though only in the thread) I feel a bit responsible for that.

I fully agree with your longer explanation. Wish he would also embrace sitting deep and playing counters from time to time. Simply to mix things up a little bit. Or long passes to Lewandowski (from Neuer, lol). Just generally more diverse elements than purely possession.

Never saw Bla's picture. But that might have been the reason, judging by some other picture's of his.

We signed Mikael Antonsson for 2 years, fairly happy about that, even if he doesn't have the same quality as when he left us. This however seems to mean that Mellberg is on his way out, the club is saying they are in "positive dialogue" with him about moving him on.

@ManUtd 26m
#mufc Reserves face Manchester City in the Manchester Senior Cup final on 7 August at Hyde FC's Ewen Fields (kick-off 19:00 BST).

Now is your time James Wilson.

Batongen

Banned
We signed Mikael Antonsson for 2 years, fairly happy about that, even if he doesn't have the same quality as when he left us. This however seems to mean that Mellberg is on his way out, the club is saying they are in "positive dialogue" with him about moving him on.

HE'S COMING HOME!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom