• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Gonna be an interesting Summer for Southampton where rebuilding is concerned.

Lost:

Lallana
Lovren
Lambert
Lhambers
Lhaw

Gained:

Tadic
Pelle

Dunno who else they signed. They made a fuck ton of money though and I like them so fingers crossed they make some more good signings to replace those that left.

out of respect for the dead.

ibps46JEw9RBhI.png

I can play with you guys on USE

But I have to do it from my second account, my regular account is too high MMR it'd fuck the matchmaking up

SMURF

FootGAF, explain to me why this is the football fan's mindset

A player can give you 6 years of great service, acts like a twat at the very end, and you call him a cunt and never forgive him

A potentially brilliant player doesn't even give you a full season, and hightails it out of there as soon as the first bigger club comes calling, and you love him anyway because he didn't act like a cunt

In real terms, one of them has contributed next to nothing to the club over the course of their career, aside from the money gained by his transfer

phaze

So is Jenkinson going on a loan ? Has to be a shitty feeling when the one person that stopped you from getting first team football leaves yet club signs two players to replace him.

4 signings and it's not even August yet. Hats off to Wenger. We'll still be bringing more in. I think we'll see two more with Vermaelen off before the window closes. Someone like Carvalho/Schneiderlin/Khedira at DM and Nastasic/Schar at CB. Best window ever.
We also got rid of a lot of shit finally.

All coming up Moyes Wenger.

Carbonox

I'd like Jenkinson at Newcastle as a backup to Janmaat as we seriously do not have a backup to Janmaat that's fit (Santon I guess but Pardew's stupid and will still play Santon at LB). Though our priority should be a new CB if we foolishly sell Yanga Mbiwa. Very bumpy start to his Newcastle career but showed many signs of legit quality and potential. Needs to be kept cos he'll improve and will be far superior to Taylor and Williamson.

manual4

Banned
Messi still under investigation for tax fraud

Nevertheless, the player and his father Jorge Messi paid just over €5m to authorities last year and it had looked as if the case would be closed.

But the judge in Gava, a seaside town just outside Barcelona where Messi owns a property, has decided to proceed with the case against the four-time Ballon d'Or winner and his father.

Messi has claimed he left all his business interests to his father and his management team. "Lionel A. Messi was not involved in the decision-making on the management and channelling of his income and did not really know the scope, size, purpose or effects of the corporate network," said a statement for the prosecution earlier this year.

But a new written statement by the judge said on Monday that "there is sufficient evidence" that Messi "could have known about and consented to the creation and maintaining of a fictitious financial structure".

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spai...nder-investigation-for-tax-fraud?ICID=HP_BN_2

welp

Those Hitcher tears looool

"Wai u h8 Lallana nd not shaw"

Fuck off

Yep. All dese tears.

And Shaw did give them a full season, so perhaps you should stop assuming people are talking about Man Utd
Uus4Plt.png

And I don't exactly like Lallana anyway :p

@Salva, already got Flanagan bruv

Seriously though, reckon Rodgers wants Johnson off the books before replacing him. Nobody wants him, he won't leave because he isn't playing, so might as well keep him around as second choice, third choice if Manqillo comes/McLaughlin gets promoted/Kelly improves his fitness

Fintan

Are the Belgians joining up with the Chelsea squad today? Want to see if there's anything happening with Lukaku one way or another.

Wilbur

Banned
Yep. All dese tears.

And Shaw did give them a full season, so perhaps you should stop assuming people are talking about Man Utd
Uus4Plt.png

And I don't exactly like Lallana anyway :p

@Salva, already got Flanagan bruv

Seriously though, reckon Rodgers wants Johnson off the books before replacing him

Who else were you talking about, Chambers?

In both his and Shaw's cases, it was an obvious step up with the minimum of fuss taken. Neither of them spoke out while the transfer was ongoing.

In Lambert's case, he's a fan of tr club and did the same.

In both Lovren and Lallana's cases, they just acted like pricks. It's like a bad break up innit; you might have had years of laughter and love and lubricated anal sex, but if it ends badly then those feels are what remains.

sohois

You'd have thought that Liverpool would have been in fir Chambers considering their weakness and RB.

If you're going to pay that price then Liverpool would really need someone ready to be first team player from the off, Liverpool after all are offering a similar amount for Moreno. Manquillo suits Liverpool fine for another RB option.

L1NETT

£12-£16m for Chambers is a fucking bargain in my opinion. What a fantastic outstanding signing.

He's a good player, but hardly a bargain. Played less than, what two dozen first team games? Even Wenger said it was a gamble

--

Poor Carl though haha

Being forced to live in Hull

I'd throw myself in the Humber estuary and hope I float back to London

That's that then. Newcastle, time for you to pillage Southampton village as well and take Clyne from them pls.

Dream a little smaller baby

Should never have let Tavernier go

Lightning

Banned
Damn being on my phone. Need to get Chambers pick off Arsenal's main account so I can ssk someone to make my next avatar with it.

He's a good player, but hardly a bargain. Played less than, what two dozen first team games? Even Wenger said it was a gamble

--

Poor Carl though haha

Being forced to live in Hull

I'd throw myself in the Humber estuary and hope I float back to London
When buying young talent it's always a 'gamble' as yoi never know how good they'll turn out. Same applies to Shaw.

Chambers for that price is as cheap as he'll ever get. He will be a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom