• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour: Vidal's agent is going to present us with United's 60 million offer tonight

60 is gud. Sure it's 940 million less than his true worth, but we will take it, because we're a wee club now with a wee mentality.

I'll wee on our corpse at the end of this season

I fear for you Yurt once the season actually starts...

OneTwoTee

Banned
Not gonna make any predictions yet (apart from Chelsea winning the league), don't think anybody expected us to be challenging for the title and despite Moyes, don't think a lot of people expected United to do as poorly as they did.

Clegg

Rumour: Vidal's agent is going to present us with United's 60 million offer tonight

60 is gud. Sure it's 940 million less than his true worth, but we will take it, because we're a wee club now with a wee mentality.

I'll wee on our corpse at the end of this season
I expect an epic response post when Vidal declares his allegiance to Juve. You rolling in a bed of blow with Putin's daughter will suffice.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
How to leave a club

Chambers
I would like to take this opportunity to say thanks to everyone at @SouthamptonFC for everything they have done & for making this possible.

Shaw
Also a massive thank you to everyone at @SouthamptonFC including players , staff and fans. Loved every minute of my time there

And I wish you all the best in the future

Lambert
When I grew up there was only one club I loved. I can honestly say now I have two clubs which will always be in my heart and that is thanks to the Saints fans.

How to act like a total fucking cunt

Lallana
"Watching the run-in towards the end of last season it was unbelievable," said the midfielder after signing what is believed to be a five-year contract.

"It got the hairs on the back of my neck standing up just watching the style of football.

"Deep down I was thinking to myself 'One day hopefully I'll be able to play in that team'."

Lovren
“Liverpool sent a 20 million offer and they [Saints] paid nine million for me, so they would’ve earned twice the amount.

“At this point, I don’t know what I’ll do and I don’t like it. It was unbelievable that a few days ago I had an offer of 20 million pounds.

“It was in the morning and by the afternoon the club had said I was not for sale. Frankly, my head is already at Liverpool.”

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I cant see a world in which we spend £60m for a player, I can see many worlds where we overpay for players in the 25-40m range, but 60m D:

scently

I cant see a world in which we spend £60m for a player, I can see many worlds where we overpay for players in the 25-40m range, but 60m D:

The rumor is 60m euros, not pounds. And pls can we stop this "Will like it if we can get -----, but we r not" its really annoying. No other club fans say this except utd fans, while you really hope we sign said player. If we sign Vidal then we sign him, If we don't then we don't. Simple as.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I expect an epic response post when Vidal declares his allegiance to Juve. You rolling in a bed of blow with Putin's daughter will suffice.
He won't, trust me. A meeting is *always* bad news. His agent wants his players to play in the PL, and that's exactly what's gonna happen.

I'm out with Putin's spawn and she'll do her best to cheer me up 😢
I fear for you Yurt once the season actually starts...
I'll be alright, nothing is worse than replacing Conte with Allegri anyway...nothing.

keit4

Banned
Oh well, looks like Valencia are trying to get Zuculini on loan. I'm so sad right now, Deportivo can't compete against them :(

Is Chelsea still trying to offload Ramires, I'd take him in a heartbeat. Some people don't rate him but I think he'd be solid in a box to box role at United for a couple of seasons.

Ancelotti wanted him and Mou said he wasn't for sale. Sadly sounded like he and the club didn't want to offload him at all.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Well, flat out DMs we have Sandro, Capoue, and Bentaleb. Sandro wants out, depending on who you believe. That's the only reason I could see us going in for Schneiderlin. I wouldn't be too opposed to that. I worry about Sandro after his injury a couple of seasons back.

Bentaleb isn't a DM and never will be, he will be a Carrick-type. He can get stuck in but his passing is his best attribute.

I think one of Capoue/Paulinho/Sandro will leave and Schneiderlin will replace them. It depends on what offers come in but they are all available. As the most established player Sandro is attracting the most interest but nobody has made a decent offer yet.

Pochettino seems to fancy Ryan Mason (been our best player in preseason) so maybe one other CM will leave too, maybe Carroll.

Salvadora

The anti-Shaw, you could say.
Some might say that.

dPrJaGc.png

I noticed that too.

Wonder why Shaw isn't.

Well spoken? Shaw is probably just a bit of a window licker, so was Ashley Cole though, so hardly makes a difference on the pitch.

lol, Wooden, Antonsson saying that Palermo was also interested in him.

Haha really? I have not seen that anywhere. Wouldn't be a bad move for Palermo really, the defense is still shocking... Munoz is the best defender, and he is woeful, like if Djourou was from Argentina. But hey, he's good in FM.

Ståle is saying no more new players now. I really wanted one more forward. :(

But I guess 10 new players in one transfer window is too much to ask lol

Slizz

Quick question, I can't recall any instances lately with a football player getting in a domestic dispute with a fiancee/wife/gf whatever.

Well, in the NFL theres public security footage of a player dragging his unconscious wife out of the elevator after he KO'ed her. Now apparently theres footage not public which shows the whole incident in the elevator which the NFL saw.

After all that, for the first time offender on any account is only suspended 2 games and a fine and the NFL think thats legit punishment.

People who smoke weed or get DUI can get up to a whole season ban, with majority being 4 games or more.

Would this shit fly in Europe?

jesalr

Quick question, I can't recall any instances lately with a football player getting in a domestic dispute with a fiancee/wife/gf whatever.

Well, in the NFL theres public security footage of a player dragging his unconscious wife out of the elevator after he KO'ed her. Now apparently theres footage not public which shows the whole incident in the elevator which the NFL saw.

After all that, for the first time offender on any account is only suspended 2 games and a fine and the NFL think thats legit punishment.

People who smoke weed or get DUI can get up to a whole season ban, with majority being 4 games or more.

VDV hit his wife, didn't knock her out or anything, and I don't think the proof was there in the way it was for Rice. Either way though, I don't think Hamburg took any action.

Probity

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if European players just got a slap on the wrist by FIFA for something like that. I mean they hardly ever dish out real punishments, even for bad things. When they do, they are mostly minor.

Slizz

I doubt the footballing bodies would do anything about it?

Considering the pathetic sanctions for racism I doubt much would happen. Didn't Van Der Vaart hit his wife or something?

Theres public footage of this specific case in the NFL, was there for VDV?

I remember Mohammed Zidan and Arek Onyszko smacking their women around, as far as I remember they weren't punished by the FA, their punishments kind of came from the court and such, especially Onyszko who was actually arrested just after a match lol. Had a lot of good times chanting at him to go beat up his wife, he never seemed the same again in goal, when everyone mocked him.

This was Mohammed Zidans girlfriend

WFzaVII.jpg

expected by a player with hair like this

XyUHUD4.jpg

lDXf2sq.jpg

I want to punch him just for that

arkon

I don't think the footballing bodies like the FA have jurisdiction in those cases.

omgkitty

We're not getting Schneiderlin are we?

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 1m

Tottenham in talks to sign Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin & forward Jay Rodriguez, as reported by @SimonPeach #thfc #saintsfc

wedward

People saying that Jenks to Hull is not true. Arsenal are only considering Loan moves. GET INNNNNNNNN JENKS.

Tottenham in talks to sign Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin & forward Jay Rodriguez, as reported by @SimonPeach #thfc #saintsfc

Ornstein has spoken. Sort of.

We were never in for him. Viva ITK you have lost all credibility.

We're not getting Schneiderlin are we?

Never in for him mate.

Willy C or Khedira I bet.

What if it ended up being Bender. lol

Scum

Bentaleb isn't a DM and never will be, he will be a Carrick-type. He can get stuck in but his passing is his best attribute.

I think one of Capoue/Paulinho/Sandro will leave and Schneiderlin will replace them. It depends on what offers come in but they are all available. As the most established player Sandro is attracting the most interest but nobody has made a decent offer yet.

Pochettino seems to fancy Ryan Mason (been our best player in preseason) so maybe one other CM will leave too, maybe Carroll.

We should just con Rafa into picking up Paulinho instead.

omgkitty

People saying that Jenks to Hull is not true. Arsenal are only considering Loan moves. GET INNNNNNNNN JENKS.

Ornstein has spoken. Sort of.

We were never in for him. Viva ITK you have lost all credibility.

Never in for him mate.

Willy C or Khedira I bet.

What if it ended up being Bender. lol

Please be Bender!

slider

Players developing as people and schooling is massive in Saints academy. Shaw is standard Essex doe.

He went to secondary school near where a work colleague lives in Surrey. I only know this as the local paper kept running stories about him (donating stuff to the school and not being very bright) which this guy found amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom