• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baki

Has the Metro link with Maximilian Arnold to Arsenal been mentioned? Not the greatest source, but together with the Douglas Costa and Robertp Firmino rumours it seems like an attacking midfielder might still be a target.

Or it's just lazy paper talk.

Why aren't we getting a striker.

omgkitty

Has the Metro link with Maximilian Arnold to Arsenal been mentioned? Not the greatest source, but together with the Douglas Costa and Roberto Firmino rumours it seems like an attacking midfielder might still be a target.

I'd take Firmino out of all of those. Seems to be the biggest talent of the bunch.

Walshy

If we replace Agger with Vermaelen I'll be livid, unless Agger is desperate to leave. Maybe we could pay extra and keep Origi with us next season to try and soften the Remy blow. Don't think Origi is ready yet though
Origi is already gone on loan to Lille. He went back there today for first day of pre-season.

Tony Evans mentioned that Agger will only be allowed to leave if two centre-backs come in, however if Barcelona are going to offer €15m for Agger I'd find it very hard to turn that down.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Southampton are soon going to run out of players to sell.

Plenty more where they came from. Everyone we've sold will be replaced (probably by a youth player)

"but that's no way to run a football club"

say the fans of teams who just bought our last crop for £100m+

I'd take Firmino out of all of those. Seems to be the biggest talent of the bunch.
Firmino is a cunt, today he said this about staying at Hoffenheim: "the right time to leave hasn't come yet".

But on the other side, he posts his gf's cunt on instagram. So I'm not sure that I don't like him.

L1NETT

Sorry to bring that up again (it is a bit timely with the march coming up), but an excellent piece by David Conn in the Guardian about the premier league ticket prices "defying the culture that built the game"

Some choice parts

Such prices charged to supporters for watching their English clubs are a culture change from the century of the game’s development that passed before the First Division clubs broke away from the Football League, forming the Premier League and keep all ofing the money from the new pay-TV deal in 1992.

That is cheap compared to £65.50 at Arsenal (for the highest category games), £55 at West Ham United with several clubs charging more, but United’s £31 price nevertheless represents a 785% increase since 1990.

Kevin Miles, the FSF’s chief executive, describes high pricing as one issue which unites modern supporters, most of whom grew up and became loyal to their clubs in the pre-Premier League era. “There is an assumption that football has become a middle-class pastime, but I don’t necessarily see that,” said Miles. “I see traditional supporters stretching themselves, paying prices they think are unreasonable, to do the thing they love. It is such a captive market, clubs can squeeze people in a way other businesses can’t.”
and the best part

The FSF argues that many people of that age are still students, on apprenticeships or in low-paid jobs and that football, which was celebrated as a constant in young adults’ lives, is now largely pricing them out.

Plasma

Banned
Arsenal better close the Khedira deal, else they might be left with 4th choice dm, whoever that is.

Not that worried, I think there are plenty of good DMs out there Carvahlo, Bender (Lars or Sven), Gustavo. Easier position to reinforce than a CF at the moment anyway.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Checking out the Roma highlights, Mata is developing a bald patch :eek:

Scum

Kind of happy J-Rod isn't moving to us tbh

@Liverbros, is it as quiet as it seems on the rumour front?

No marquee signing in the works
Moreno deal dead
Bertrand deal dead (thank fuck, let's keep it that way)
Manquillo loan gone quiet
No Remy replacement rumoured

Also, give me player ratings for the Olympiakos match

You'll be playing League One football next season at this rate. 😒

Hitch? pls.

Hixx

BtpbAxjIYAAl450.jpg:large

Giaccherini behind Pantymon
KuGsj.gif

LTWheels

Plenty more where they came from. Everyone we've sold will be replaced (probably by a youth player)

"but that's no way to run a football club"

say the fans of teams who just bought our last crop for £100m+

It is strange to see how they have been eaten up by United, Liverpool, Arsenal, and soon to be Spurs.

But then if the top teams are going to buy players from within the league, the top 6 aren't going to sell to each other. Southampton just outside the top group, so it makes sense that these clubs will target those players.

3Sixty

The Class of ’92: David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt, Gary and Phil Neville. Those names are synonymous with trophies, cups, medals and glory.

‘We are aspiring to be like that,’ says Southampton’s 19-year-old right back Calum Chambers. ‘Hopefully, we will come through. That is our ambition.’

Chambers is one of the latest teenagers from the melting pot of youth on the south coast to break into the Saints’ first team.

By aspiring to be like that i assume he meant be nothing like that.

Danchi

This window is a failure if we don't replace Giroud with a proper CF

Has the Metro link with Maximilian Arnold to Arsenal been mentioned? Not the greatest source, but together with the Douglas Costa and Roberto Firmino rumours it seems like an attacking midfielder might still be a target.

Alternatively, the link to wingers/attacking mids could be because Wenger sees Sanchez as a centre-forward.

EmiPrime

As long as you stay away from the category A games ticket prices at Arsenal haven't changed that much since 10 years ago. B and C category I think I pay £25 and £35 or so which is sort of reasonable.

Danchi

Yeah, Gustavo and the BVB Bender ain't moving. If the other was available, I feel like Arsenal would have bought him by now. One bid last January was it, and another reported at the start of the summer? Carvalho is always there, though,
if you're willing to pay €35m.

Elchele

Firmino is a cunt, today he said this about staying at Hoffenheim: "the right time to leave hasn't come yet".

But on the other side, he posts his gf's cunt on instagram. So I'm not sure that I don't like him.

I can't even imagine the salary SAP is giving him to make him stay so happily.

Scum

£55 to watch West Ham.

Fucking hell.

The price of BDSM has really increased.

😅😅

Sorry to bring that up again (it is a bit timely with the march coming up), but an excellent piece by David Conn in the Guardian about the premier league ticket prices "defying the culture that built the game"

Some choice parts

and the best part

Dear God. D:

Has Barca signed a CB or RB yet?

It would be comical if all Zubi managed to buy was Mathieu for 20m.

Nope. Zubi is just a fool. Just sack him already, FF.

wedward

Gut feeling at this point is we are getting big Sami Khedira. People were saying he lowered his wage demands.

Wenger choosing Khedira over Schneiderlin is a surprise to me, but what do I know. He has watched both of them far more than I have and knows what will work with this squad better than me.

GeoffArsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 1m
And trust me, he's not finished yet :)

GET INNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Tubie

Gut feeling at this point is we are getting big Sami Khedira. People were saying he lowered his wage demands.

Wenger choosing Khedira over Schneiderlin is a surprise to me, but what do I know. He has watched both of them far more than I have and knows what will work with this squad better than me.

When his contract runs out at Madrid he will realize nobody in the world is willing to pay the wages he's asking for, so he has to lower his demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom