• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting very, very nervous. This squad as is is simply not good enough for top 4.

You are, easily

1) Essentially the same squad that won the league 2 years ago, with 2 good additions
2) Very good manager
3) Fuck knows what we'll be like next season, and then Spurs and Everton are the other 2 with a shot of 4th unless someone surprises everyone. Not exactly great competition tbh.
4) Favourable opening fixture list, momentum could see you through til Christmas if you don't fuck it up

Scum

Imagine if the majority of the EPL had a yoot system like that of 3Sixty's Academy...

also what on earth are Spurs doing? Schneiderlin is a good player but they've been stockpiling DM types for the past few years, especially once Modric left

Look at the player positions in high demand from Arsenal and Man Utd. Business, innit.

Maddox

I realize players ambitions come into it too, I'd just like to see our league stay as competitive as possible, I don't want to watch an English equivalent of La Liga. Big respect to Southampton and their supporters during this time though.

Taken the step up you mean? Everton have been in the same situation for years as have spurs, knocking on the door of fourth, but never quite getting in, taking their shoes off and put their feet up on all that CL money for a good season or two.

The point is they are essentially able to put up a fight for that 4th place.

Granted it's not all down to them but the fact that EPL is just a tough league.

I realize players ambitions come into it too, I'd just like to see our league stay as competitive as possible, I don't want to watch an English equivalent of La Liga. Big respect to Southampton and their supporters during this time though.

It will. Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs raiding Southampton ain't going to change the fact that an away game to Stoke is a tough game.

Carl Baker is now on his way out. We now only have 4 players left from when we were in the Championship, all of which are from our youth team.

We've been linked to a loan move for Isaac Hayden. Does ArsenalGAF know anything about him?
Don't know much about him at all. He has been pretty active in our pre season though if you want to have a look at him.

Suen

Nathan Rhodes ‏@NathanRB_61 19m

@Blablurn13 @BakkaDenshi would you like to use my account

Blablurn ‏@Blablurn13 18m

@NathanRB_61 @BakkaDenshi no, thanks. have a nice life tho.
:lol :lol :lol help. That's so fucking Bla.

Bla pls you can't go away like this.

Maddox

The point is they are essentially able to put up a fight for that 4th place.

Granted it's not all down to them but the fact that EPL is just a tough league.

It will. Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs raiding Southampton ain't going to change the fact that an away game to Stoke is a tough game.

Ye, fair point.

BtpbvugCIAEL8G9.jpg

-

Nicktendo86

You are, easily

1) Essentially the same squad that won the league 2 years ago, with 2 good additions
2) Very good manager
3) Fuck knows what we'll be like next season, and then Spurs and Everton are the other 2 with a shot of 4th unless someone surprises everyone. Not exactly great competition tbh.
4) Favourable opening fixture list, momentum could see you through til Christmas if you don't fuck it up
Almost entire first choice defence has gone and only one replacement has come in, midfield is still a joke. Can't see who would drop out of the top 4, everyone has reinforced. I just don't know what's going on, everyone else has got their business done and integrating the new players into the squad and we are just pissing in the wind. If LVG's plan is really to wait for Strootman in January, with no guarantee we would even get him or that he would be back to pre injury form, I just will not know what to say.

Salvadora

Rory Smith in The Times [Reliable] - "In a phone-call over the weekend, Wenger is thought to have assured Chambers he will make at least 20 first-team appearances this season...and informed him that he sees him maturing, eventually, into a holding midfield player."
Don't start, wedward?

:p

wedward

tim payton ‏@timpayton 14m
Arsenal's scouts & manager weren't convinced Schneiderlin delivered in the big games.

Chris Wheatley ‏@GoonerTalk 1h
Hector Bellerin likely to join Real Zaragoza on loan before season starts

Messi Minutes ‏@MessiMinutes 11m
According to @RorySmithTimes, Wenger called Chambers this weekend and promised him that he'd play at least 20 times this season. #AFC

The Highbury Clock ‏@HighburyClock 19m
The Times: Wenger is willing to spend more money on a 'midfield reinforcement' and on a centre-back, if Thomas Vermaelen departs the club.

Don't start, wedward?

:p

Eventually :p

As long as it isn't this season I am happy. I am all for him becoming a holding midfielder eventually. Bellerin at right back, Chambers Ramsey Jack Ox Midfield.

Lightning

Banned
That better be league and Champions League performances as well for Chambers, Don't want him only playing Capital One cup bullshit.

Salva, Chambers will not play many DM games this season for us at all. The fact we're selling Jenkinson and possibly loaning Bellerin tells me this. If a DM doesn't come in expect to see Arteta or Flamini start most games.

Ingeniero

Chambers!! yes baby. GET INNNN.
Now go for the jugular Wengy: Pogba and Cavani BOOM!!
pls

Also, Messi trial is a go? Damn son...

Barzul

That better be league and Champions League performances as well for Chambers, Don't want him only playing Capital One cup bullshit.

Don't think Debuchy is that much better. It's a much better secnario than the Sagna-Jenkinson one. They'll force each other to raise their games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom